No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Sigve!! I like the idea of 'suitable for weddings' with 12 bed dormitories. You'd have to have families and friends that got on well to distribute them amongst 2, 3, 4, 7, 10 and 12 bed rooms.
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      That is really common in Czech accommodations: to use multi-bed-rooms.
      It is a nice lodge with a cosy restaurant. I have been there some evenings after work, when the weather and sight was good.
      The Czech people call the area "Eagle Mountains".
      Well done, Sigve, you used my last clue in a perfect way!
      Over to you!

Thank you for your clues, Ralf. Without them, no chance. I was so lost in the Channel theory.
    Well, I'm no good at quiz'es. Unlike many others, I haven't travelled a lot. I only try to solve quiz'es from my own continent. Europe. And I'm not good at posting. So where is this? (The street name will do).

Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

So if I understand well, we are in Europe....?
      Scandinavia?

Comment

• Sigve
        Sigve commented
        Editing a comment
        Europe yes, Scandinavia no.

At the first table,on the left we can see a bottle of beer and a lady drinking a glass of white wine.Don't know why, it makes me thinking about Germany.

Well,it could be anywhere else in Europe.......

Comment

• Sigve
        Sigve commented
        Editing a comment
        It isn't a bad idea to follow ones thoughts......

I am quite sure that this is in the Weinrestaurant of the Drosselhof in the "world famous" Drosselgasse in Rüdesheim/Rhein.
      A place, where American, Chinese and Japanese people (as well as people from many other nations) try to experience the spirit of the "Deutsche Gemütlichkeit".
      And there they play that old story again and again.

PLEASE DON'T THINK THIS IS GERMANY!!!

There are nicer and cosier places, more reliable prices, better wines --- just ask!

http://www.drosselhof.com/
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sigve
        Sigve commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! You are so right, Ralf. Drosselhof it is! In Drosselgasse, Rüdesheim. In the mid 80'ies this was a popular destination for scandinavian coach groups. Coach after coach ended up in Rüdesheim. I was there three times with groups, last time in 1990. (The picture is taken 1985, I think). A tourist trap, of course, and I know that this is not the real Germany. On the other side, it was all right going there with a group, people enjoyed it and all were happy. And the next day we took the boat to Koblenz.. (The most impressing was seeing the waiters at the Park Hotel coming with trays loaded with flaming Rüdesheimer Kaffee, lifted over their heads. The lights were shut, and there was an applause. Deserved.)
        You to post next quiz, Ralf.
        Last edited by Sigve; May 26th, 2014, 21:28.

As i wrote, that naming the street will be OK as aswer, i immediatly knew it is Drosselgasse. It is the only street known by the winehouses. So i tried to find out the right one.
      I will start to meet Ivy and Thijs now. So the puzzle is open to anyone... or i will put some in, if i find some time.

Comment

Since Ralf seems very busy this week Isuggest this one.

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm unable to see the picture due to restriction on the server I'm on here in China, but I guess we are somewhere in France??

• yvneac
          yvneac commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope everybody can see the picture...out of China.
          Yes Ombugge we are in France.

aerotrain monorail track?

Comment

WOW.Congratulations Ralf.
          This track 18km long was built in the 60's to test the Aerotrain prototype.
          Created by French ingeneer Jean Bertin,this project was abandonned by French governement in 1977 in favour of TGV.
          Located North of Orleans the track still exists,in the back of beyond,surronnded by wheatfields.
          A section of it was destroyed in 2007 for a highway construction,about Chevilly where this photo comes from.Interresting video if you type Aerotrain on Youtube.A wikipedia article too in English,German and Bokmal.
          Ralf even busy you're a champion.
          Back to you.

Comment

Oh! You made it too easy. It would have been an further task to find out the correct location. So I was hoping, another one would solve the solution in detail. Anyhow. Where do you all think, one can find these figures?

Comment

No guesses yet? Try to find out first, what these figures are doing? You don't see that normally on a building like that.

Comment

Playing football / soccer. At least that's what I hope the ones on the left are doing.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
                  yvneac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In this case,they are playing as French footballers.i.e no way to win!

Since we have some exemples in few french churches,my first think was this photo shows a childbirth scene.Can't find anything about on the web.
                So one question:is this a bas-relief from a church?Or a hospital?

Comment

Football is correct. Church is also correct.

Comment

No idea where you can find football players on a church wall? You just need to have some stonemasons with a special kind of humor and a place at the church, where the priests won't see them so soon..

Comment

Working...
                    X