No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. The night club with the silly American Indian thing is actually on Koh Samui, but Koh Tao is part of the same island group, so accepted.

I used to transfer to/from some nearby oil/gas fields by helicopters at Koh Samui some years back. I did not take many pictures from there at the time, hence the earlier pictures were scanned from a tourist brochure from Koh Samui.

All yours again Yves.

Comment

As the expression goes:what is this place?

Comment

No takers?
        So, as a clue:it is a Greek temple but it does'nt stand in Greece though in Mediterranean.

Comment

Oops - forgot! Started to look a while ago, then got sidetracked.

I think we may be in France? Or Italy!
          Last edited by PoloUK; April 1st, 2014, 19:16. Reason: Self-doubt.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Italy is correct Mark.

Comment

I do believe we may be in Sicily, could we be looking at the 'Temple of Segesta'?

Image from Wikipedia
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Absolutely Steve.
                Segeste is located in Sicilia not far away from Palermo in a very nice preserved area.This photo was taken in springtime, hence flowers and colors in the landscape.
                Over to you....

Comment

• Seagull
                  Seagull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congratulations Steve! Looks like Yves had been trying to focus “got-back-home-me” on a destination from my next trip!!!!

Well done, Steve. I'd not had time to do any searching on this one after my initial rather hopeless trawl of ideas, but seeing Yves' hint brought me quickly back as it narrowed the search. Funnily enough I'd focused on Segesta yesterday, though not via Wiki, but it was difficult to reconcile the surroundings with Yves' photo and I gave up shortly - I had a new wooden linepost to cement into its hole and that took some time, having to prop it up each time while I mixed the next batch of cement.
                It was very interesting to find the number of Greek temple remains in lesser known areas of the Mediterranean countries.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I have got a few things going on at the moment, so i am going to pass this one over to anyone who feels like posting the next one. No point in me posting because i may not be around to answer any questions. (not that i have one lined up anyway).

So it's over to whoever wishes to jump in.
                  Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

O.K., let's have a new try... where is this?

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

On these pallets,are there things to eat? I was thinking about cheese or mushrooms...

Comment

I think you're right, Yves. I plump for cheese. Is this in Wales?
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, i was more busy during the weekend than expected.

Yes it is cheese! No it is not in Wales.

Comment

Are we in Switzerland?

Comment

Good guess, but not correct. At least the continent is the right one.

Comment

Working...
                              X