No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your cryptic references to whether this is residential or not, and the fact that the "picture" appears to be drawing of some sort, gets me to believe that this is a "virtual" house and not a real one.
    Is it something that doesn't exist in reality, only in somebodies fantasy, or in an animation or something??

Comment

Well Ombugge, this house is not a real one even if it WAS only partly virtual.

When you say "animation" you are not far away from the solution.

Comment

Searching with "Frank Lloyd Wright inspired houses" the answer came up pretty quick: http://eod.houseplans.com/2008/05/
        T
        hat explains all the "virtual clues" given by Yves.

Now my dilemma is to find something to post here. Give me a few days.

Comment

You say, Yves:
          Well Ombugge, this house is not a real one even if it WAS only partly virtual.
          So, to clarify, if it had existed in reality would it have been residential?

Virtuality, the quality of having the attributes of something without sharing its (real or imagined) physical form
          Virtual (philosophy), A term used by Henri Bergson, Gilles Deleuze and Manuel DeLanda to denote potentiality as being equally real to actuality, but in a different manner.

A couple of Wiki definitions. Mind you, I do not take what is written in Wikipedia as the ultimate truth. It is written by people interested in a topic, just that, and is subject to error and misinformation as much as anything any of us may write.

Is it, maybe, a building in some computer game? if so, then I'm floored, not knowing any. Help!
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

That's strange, despite refreshing before I posted above, your post was not there, Ombugge. Well done, anyway.
            Ivy

Comment

Well done Ombugge.

It is the Vandamm house you can see in Hich****'s NORTH BY NORTH WEST.The funny thing is that a lot of people want to see it when going to the mont Rushmore.But it was only a set movie built in a californian studio.
              It is the reason why I said it was partly virtual.

The link to jetsetmodern is really interresting and I found the the picture there.

Comment

I forgot entirely that it was my turn to place a puzzle.
                Here is not one but two pictures for you to identify this obscure beach in S.E.Asia:

Here is to help you along:

Now where in the world do we have nice palm fringed beaches and Indian heads in the same place???

Comment

No, I've not solved it, but yes, I have spent too long trying to think up a really rude comment on how the biological clock of a certain Singaporean gentleman translates "a few days" as promised, into four weeks.
                  Am learning much about the origin of native Americans, but must go and do other things now. Very interesting puzzle.
                  Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                    ombugge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Memory is not what it used to be. In fact, it probably never was.

As a first try I suggest Andaman islands.

Comment

• ombugge
                    ombugge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wrong, but I would be very interested to know why Andaman Islands??

• yvneac
                    yvneac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Vegetation,blue sea and building in the first picture.I supposed it was not a rich country so Adaman could be a solution.Looking for photos on google I saw few pictures lifelike.
                    Now another suggestion:a land where an American base takes place?

• ombugge
                    ombugge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Where American Bases TOOK place is more accurate.
                    Ouch, now I probably gave a away too much, but we are looking for location, not just country.

Nha Trang, a former american base in vietnam?

Comment

• ombugge
                    ombugge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, not Nha Trang.
                    Maybe I need to explain my last comment. There are/where no American bases at this particular place, but in the country.

• yvneac
                    yvneac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK.Is Vietnam the correct country?

• ombugge
                    ombugge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, not correct country. The Americans had/has bases many places. Right war though!!!

1 week and no takers?? I'm afraid I run out of pictures to post as a clue.
                  Maybe a hint that it is not such a remote and obscure beach you are looking at.
                  Name of island will do.

Comment

Three weeks!!!! This must have been too difficult or not interesting enough for anybody to make an effort.
                    Whichever it is I may as well give it away to revive this thread:

This heap of stones should be familiar to many.
                    Last edited by ombugge; March 13th, 2014, 05:14.

Comment

This should be familiar to many.
                      Why?

Never fear, it was interesting, very much so, but I for one was getting nowhere.
                      Nobody seems to be getting anywhere with my Where in Norway photo, either! That was also three weeks ago.
                      Ivy

Comment

Sorry Ombugge.But the rule is:never computer during vacations!

Let's get cracking:Thailand?

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thailand is right. Where in Thailand is the question??

OK.It could be KOH TAO.

Comment

Working...
                        X