• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next puzzle:-

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is John Street!!!
      Where??? My guess in Derry, Northern Irland

Comment

Don't know if school signs are international.Anyway we have that kind,so my first try is France.

Comment

As the street name is indeed obvious we are looking for the name of the town ...but it is not in Northern Ireland and not in France.

Comment

May I suggest Scotland.Or at least UK,

Comment

Suggest by all means! ...but you would not be correct with either suggestion!

Comment

I think that the school crossing sign is almost certainly a UK one. or at least one that is endorsed by our government. I think that we must be very close to the sea, the ships wheel up on the wall of that industrial unit, plus the wooden shutters on the shop window. Not the sort of shutters used for security against burglary, more the sort of shutter used to protect the windows from water and flying shingle during a storm. I also note the extensive use of corrugated tin, garden fence, roofs and walls seem to be built from it. Maybe that suggests a remote location, where maybe the cost of transporting heavier building materials have to be taken into consideration.

And maybe the blue enamel street sign might be another clue, cannot be too many places that still have those in use. But, at the moment i am nowhere near solving this one.
                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Good observations Steve ...keep going!

Comment

I was thinking Caribbean - for no good reason!
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Not the Caribbean! ....

Comment

Nah - but doesn't stop me thinking about the Carribean.
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Steve, note that Cecilia ruled out the UK. #3950 and #3951
                          I think possibly Iceland? Mind you, there's a tree there, not many of those in that land! But am going to get supper now.
                          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Steve.B
                            Steve.B commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, i spotted that after i had posted, but i had already been thinking much further afield - hence i made comment about that sign at least being endorsed (or whatever they do) by the British government. Like Mark i had already thought about places in the Caribbean - Trinidad etc. The vivid colouring of the buildings made me think along those lines.

What about Port Stanley, Falkland Islands? Speedwell Store I believe?
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Steve.B
                            Steve.B commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have not looked it up yet, but that would certainly tick a few boxes in my earlier observations!

• wherrygirl
                            wherrygirl commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Perfect. Mark, see http://www.flickr.com/photos/9218186@N05/2046794815/ which is perhaps the one you found. Well done.

• Steve.B
                            Steve.B commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh dear, government cut backs, the school seems to have been replaced with a road hump.

Congratulations PoloUK …you not only win but get a bonus for the actual store name too

Yes, it seems you all wanted to linger a little in warmer climes!
                          For Steve - consolation prize for good observations - here’s another of my photos from the 2005 visit (Nordnorge trip). There was at least one hump, but also a lollipop man! Actually I think the humps might be no bad thing considering all those four wheel drives zapping around!

Last edited by Seagull; November 18th, 2013, 21:58.

Comment

I haven't got another one lined up yet, and have a few things to worry about at work today. Has anyone got another puzzle ready to go?
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X