What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Since it is actually the Captain's puzzle, i may also have some tries.
    The right ship is the "Carnival Splendor", i guess??
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Captain’s puzzle: I’ve made a note of Ombugge’s “Somewhere in Mexico's Yucatan” and Ralf’s ship suggestion Carnival Splendor on the right. …and then I’ll endeavour to contact Captain with our suggestions …but bear in mind he will actually be working some nights this week so as to get away on Serenissima in April in what would otherwise have been a work week.
      Keep those ideas coming!…it would be awesome if we could completely solve this without continual feedback and clues! What a challenge!

Seagull’s puzzle: I hope to give you more encouraging feedback with this one …So sorry Ombugge, it isn’t in Norway!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        Reprieve!!!! … seconds before I have to rush for a bus, and Photobucket is still working…

What place is this?
        Two questions.Are we in in an alpin country (Europe I mean)? Is this building a contemporary house?

Comment

Seagull’s puzzle: Hello Yves ...it is in Europe, but no it is not a house!

Comment

Observatory?????????????

Comment

Ski jump tower perhaps?
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Captain’s puzzle: I’ve made a note of Ombugge’s “Somewhere in Mexico's Yucatan” and Ralf’s ship suggestion Carnival Splendor on the right. …and then I’ll endeavour to contact Captain with our suggestions …but bear in mind he will actually be working some nights this week so as to get away on Serenissima in April in what would otherwise have been a work week.
                Keep those ideas coming!…it would be awesome if we could completely solve this without continual feedback and clues! What a challenge!
                I bet we have to! I have high doubts, that he knows the solution.

So i think we can get a little closer to it.
                The place is Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. You will see at GE, that the harbour is identical. So Yucatan wasn't exactly the area but Mexico was a good guess.

My vote to Carnival Splendor has the reason that most of the Carnival ships have this typical funnel and the have all different designs on their upper decks. So if you got time, please check and compare if i am right. You will find the deck plans here:
                http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships.aspx

Now i will search for the second ship.

Comment

The second ship is apparently one of the Millenium Class Ships of Celebrity.
                  So either the Celebrety Constellation, Infinity, Millenium or Summit.
                  They seem to be rather identic.

Comment

Seagull’s puzzle: No, it is neither an observatory (other than in the sense that there’s a nice view from up there!), nor is it a ski jump tower (though winter ski opportunities in the area).

Captain’s puzzle: I was just working my way around Mexico when you posted Ralf ! –GREAT work, but I’ll have to break for lunch preparation right now and follow up all your leads this afternoon! What an exciting day!

Comment

Captains puzzle:

I tried to find out the date of the picture, but this is not possible, since this is no GE picture and there is no date visible in the picture data.

With the help of the date it would be possible to crosscheck the cruise schedules and i could name the ships, but without i am at the end of my possibilities.

Comment

Cecilia's puzzle.
                        Do we eat and sleep in this building?
                        Something else:is there a connection with bird watching?

Comment

Captains puzzle:
                          I’ve enjoyed getting to know those Celebrity ships a bit better, and certainly Millenium and Infinity seem to go to Puerto Vallarta a lot, and I even found Millenium together with Carnival Splendour on some previous years cruise call lists (22-Sep-2011 and 24-May-2012).
                          So I agree Ralf we’ve (make that you’ve!) done really well, and also special thanks to ombugge for setting us off in the right direction! I’ll attempt to report our findings to our busy Captain (preferably without struggling to convince Google blog that I’m not a robot ) and send our best wishes.

So now back to Seagull’s Puzzle:
                          yvneac, I don’t think a bird watching connection specifically in the building shown though you might be able to eat here, and sleeping accommodation is found not too far away from the building in the photo.
                          Here’s some bonus photos I prepared earlier:

Comment

Is there a waterfall below this building? And by the way are we in switzerland?

Comment

Not a waterfall and not Switzerland!

Comment

Not a waterfall and not Switzerland!
                                Birch trees, mountains in the background. Reference to Trollstigen - but in a slightly odd way.

I'm thinking definitely Scandi - but probably a bit of a trick going on with the Trollstigen reference.

So Seagull - Scandi but not Norway? Perhaps? (Haven't a clue!).
                                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X