What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Perhaps James prefers to wait a while before he posts a puzzle for us, so I'll leave it till this evening and then post one. I do hope he then joins in the hunt.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      Perhaps James prefers to wait a while before he posts a puzzle for us, so I'll leave it till this evening and then post one. I do hope he then joins in the hunt.
      My apologies.... I was being reserved as i did not want to jump in "where angels fear to read"

Comment

Originally posted by James Cook View Post
        My apologies.... I was being reserved as i did not want to jump in "where angels fear to read"
        Ah... I see that as a newbie I am not permitted to post attachments, so will have to wait in any event. (that principle seems a good one and is used on another site that uses similar software)

Comment

I think we have got ourselves a new multi-thread hard core member here.
          Welcome to CVF James Cook. Hope you will get around as you warm up to our friendly forum. (OT is encouraged, not banned)

Comment

Ah... I see that as a newbie I am not permitted to post attachments, so will have to wait in any event. (that principle seems a good one and is used on another site that uses similar software)
            Hallo again, James. As far as I know none of us can post attachments. We tranfer coding from whichever website we store our photos on. Mine are all on Flickr, many others use Photobucket. That way the photos are not clogging up the CVF servers but merely linked over as soon as we open a thread. However, for this thread I pass images through Picturepush anonymous. Flickr is for one's own photos and I have run out of them for this puzzle thread so have to use images from Commons which I properly attribute once the puzzle is solved.
            Come on, James, jump in. It'll be lovely to have a new member. And, by the way, we're none of us angels on this thread.
            Ivy

Comment

I'll post the next puzzle, and I'm sure James will be looking in some time.
              What are these and where are they?

Photographer B. N. Chagny
              Last edited by wherrygirl; February 26th, 2013, 16:34. Reason: Attributed photo.
              Ivy

Comment

Southern Peru???????????????????

Comment

Could these be the Meroe pyramids in Sudan?

Comment

No Ombugge, but Remarc - bang on target! See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mero%C3%AB How did you do it? I really thought this would take a little while longer! Well done indeed. Now your turn to post and welcome to the thread.
                    Ivy

Comment

Hi Ivy,

Have a friend that had been there and had shown me pictures. I do have a pic for this thread but am not able to post yet as I am very computer illiterate! Will have to sit down and figure this out.

Comment

What a coincidence, for it's I doubt whether it's a place that is all that popular for the usual tourist.
                        Have you not posted photos before, Remarc? I expect you know that you can't upload them directly from your hard drive but instead have to link them from whatever website you store them on. If you need help, PM me.
                        Ivy

Comment

OK, I researched my butt off tonight and I THINK I opened a Flicker acct, and I THINK I uploaded an image, and I HOPE the image APPEARS here (and in the proper size). Fingers crossed.

Where in the world is this?

Heah, it worked, although it could have been larger (could have been smaller)
                          Last edited by Remarc; February 27th, 2013, 03:45.

Comment

Ivy to the rescue with some tuition????

Comment

Oh well done, Remarc, we can sort out the sizing later. Now it's thinking caps on!
                              Ivy

Comment

No guesses yet?

Need a clue?

The picture, although untouched, is missing a key element. Or should I say half a key element.

Comment

Working...
                                X