No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one totally baffles me. I can't even come up with a search word to start with.
    Are we looking down in an abyss, up through a tower of some sort, or is this contraption laying flat on the ground (at least the first bit)????

Comment

I can tell you that you are looking down into this place - through a concrete roof. But i will say this: "Be careful not to let your eyes deceive you".
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

is`s look that there is chickenwire halveway,so then it issn`t that big.
        but then,what for a welknown building can it be,when it is so small.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          is`s look that there is chickenwire halveway,so then it issn`t that big.
          Ah, this is what i mean, don't let your eyes deceive you. Can you really see chicken wire??
          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
            Ah, this is what i mean, don't let your eyes deceive you. Can you really see chicken wire??
            oke then ,it looks like chickenwire,
            but i thinking then that i am looking into a kind of mirror (with 6 angles a piece)
            while the arches at the top looking up and further away looking down,
            so it can be a mirror like a kind of dome dat is coverd with a 6 angled plates
            so i am looking in a hollow mirror,but where
            best regards Thijs

Comment

I am glad that you have not let your eyes play tricks Janihudi!

Comment

Which place is this?
                Shall give you another clue.

Comment

This is very intriguing - and a mysterious place to me.
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Shall give you another clue.

What is this??? A Periscope in reverse?
                    The people looks Italian. Am I close??

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                      What is this??? A Periscope in reverse?
                      The people looks Italian. Am I close??
                      I guess it could be described as a periscope in reverse! I believe the first image was taken looking through that device.

Italy? Not Italy ombugge, but i will admit that this place is not too many miles from Italy.
                      Last edited by Steve.B; June 16th, 2010, 16:37.

Comment

Ah, got it; Celestins Square in Lyon, France. Link: http://www.house42.com/2009/05/06/ce...-parking-lyon/
                        And indeed a reversed periscope.
                        That was a difficult one to solve. This will be hard to match. Reverting.

Comment

Well done Ombugge! A most unusual car park in Lyons. My next clue was going to be a car!

So over to you, your turn to try and find a suitable puzzle.

Comment

OK Steve, this should test even your abilities as a puzzle solver.
                            What is happening here, and where???
                            Last edited by ombugge; April 16th, 2011, 15:57.

Comment

OK, now i think that this one is going to test all of us!

Comment

I do hope your not all leaving this one to me??

I think this one may require a few minds. I am no good at identifying countries from photos, but i am sure one of us should be able to have a good guess at the country (or even continent) by taking a look at the type of boat and landscape in the picture? (said Steve hopefully).

But for now, i am going to have to ask ombugge a question. "Is the fireball anything to do with a train derailment?".

Comment

Working...
                                X