No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have not made it to Hever, but I really want to go...and as YOUR Alix liked it...I'm sure MY Alix would as well!!!!

You failed to mention (in case someone doesn't know) that Anne Boleyn was also the mother of Queen Elizabeth I....

Comment

Ok, this is the first thing that came to mind...

Where are Alix and I???

Comment

titanic drydock
        at the harland and wolf yard in belfast

best regards Thijs

Comment

darn, you are good!!! Under 60 minutes, Thijs!! So much for my being clever......must come up with something harder!!!

Comment

,.... and I was going to guess Barcelona...
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I've never been to Barcelona....yet!!!!!!

Comment

well, it was`t that diffecult,just using common sense.

standing at a dug drydock,with a trapezoid-shaped side,so had be a old one.
                newer type of docks have a straight wal,or a floating.

you do not visit a drydock when there was no emotionel/important/ historically event happend.

the first that came up was the titanic, so went to google earth ,type harland and wolf and zoom in on the yard,comparing the buildings in the background and whalla,found it.

saved the picture and put a pin down where you were.

when you go find it out on google by you`re own,you wil find the slipway`s of the titanic and the olympic in the leftcorner of my image,
                where you probally also went to,lady E.

You will have the chills,to be on such a historically importent place. (for shipgeeks anyway)

oke then my turn.
                had place a image but forget to remove the coordinates
                best regards Thijs

Comment

what is/was this,it´s also on a list to.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                    what is/was this,it´s also on a list to.

Hmm, flat land in geometrical pattern and with man made canals? Could it be in Holland?
                    Must be somewhere of significance. There is only that lonely old house in view, so that must be the clue. Google heritage sites in Holland.

Bingo!! This must be Schokland, a former Island that is now on dry land, but at one time was abandoned due to constant flooding.

I believe this is the lonely building:

There is even what looks like a Light house structure on the island, but whether that is pre-1942 or something set up after I don't know.
                    Last edited by ombugge; April 16th, 2011, 15:49.

Comment

jesus,we rather go picturing 1 single blade of grass and ask in what street of what city and on what time precisly it was taken.

but you`re right ombugge,it is schokland.
                      i was more reffering at the port.
                      the kam you see south of the port are icebreakers
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Thank you Janihudi. My turn again then.
                        I'll post a picture not of my own making this time, since I have never been there.

Where in the world is this Paradise:

Last edited by ombugge; April 16th, 2011, 15:51.

Comment

To narrow it down a bit, is this a Caribbean location?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            To narrow it down a bit, is this a Caribbean location?
                            No, not a Caribbean location, but obviously tropical.

Comment

OK.. not a Caribbean location. If I squint my eyes, I can actually see a face in the rock side.... two eyes and a nose and a mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                OK... If I squint my eyes, I can actually see a face in the rock side.... two eyes and a nose and a mouth.
                                I can also see that face clearly, but sadly it's not made solving this one any easier. Searches have not turned up anything yet. So not in the Caribbean, how about in the Hawaiian islands? - just trying to narrow it down a little.
                                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Working...
                                X