Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Noooo, we don't have a Toyota clone.
    Our are these two:

    http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/...er=asc&start=0

    (you will have to scroll down a bit)

    Let's see, if our friends will read this thread.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

    Comment


      Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
      Noooo, we don't have a Toyota clone.

      Let's see, if our friends will read this thread.
      Yes let us do that. this has been a kind of three horse race for too long.

      Comment


        I bet this is in Rotterdam... maybe?
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

        Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

        Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

        Comment


          Wrong bet. It is not Rotterdam.
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

          Comment


            The member who MUST know this place, was in since i posted it. I will wait for the two who MIGHT know it, and then give any hints...
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

            Comment


              It's Harlingen



              Øistein

              If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

              Comment


                Yep! If you turn around, you will have this view:



                This is Doeksen Terminal from where we see a lot of pictures by our fellow member Germen.

                And, by the way, i can recommend the Hotel "Zeezicht", which is visible also on Oisteins picture for shipslovers. You are living like in the middle of the harbour there... Here more information including nice video:
                http://www.hotelzeezicht.nl/default.asp?taal=nl

                Congratulation Oistein, now it's up to you!!
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                  No it is also not Scheidam. It is a place which is quite often mentioned here in the forum, so i think, some of our Dutch fellowes here will know, where it is.
                  i dont hope that you where reken on me,because i didn't had a clue
                  untill i see that google image,i have cross this bridge for several times,when i loaded somewhere in the neighberhood,i had to go to customs in Harlingen what was placed near the channel just further down the image in the innercity.

                  btw, it is Schiedam not Scheidam.
                  best regards Thijs

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                    btw, it is Schiedam not Scheidam.
                    OOOPS, I got it wrong. I should have known, but it is many years since last I spent any time in Schiedamsedijk.
                    (Or drunk some Schiedamse Jenever)

                    Last time I was in Rotterdam was 1988, but then mostly down river, in Brielle. Staying for close to 3 months at De Knijp, which was said to be the oldest Inn in town. (In continuous service since 1600s??)

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                      OOOPS, I got it wrong. I should have known, but it is many years since last I spent any time in Schiedamsedijk.
                      (Or drunk some Schiedamse Jenever)

                      Last time I was in Rotterdam was 1988, but then mostly down river, in Brielle. Staying for close to 3 months at De Knijp, which was said to be the oldest Inn in town. (In continuous service since 1600s??)
                      well i dont drink any alcohol so i dont know how it feels,but i can inmaging that when you drink a bottle of jenever (1 LITER) that you wont know if it is scheidam or schiedam
                      best regards Thijs

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                        well i dont drink any alcohol so i dont know how it feels,but i can inmaging that when you drink a bottle of jenever (1 LITER) that you wont know if it is scheidam or schiedam
                        A glass or two is more my style.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Oistein View Post
                          It's Harlingen
                          It is over to you Oistein. Looking forward to seen what you can come up with.

                          Hopefully more CVF members will join in to solve these puzzles, which has been quite challenging and educational, so far.

                          Comment


                            Forgive me Oistein for jumping in, i guess you have been too busy to post a puzzle, so i hope you do not mind me posting another.

                            Should be fairly easy to solve.

                            Which place is this?
                            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                              Should be fairly easy to solve.
                              Fairly easy to solve, he says. Don't recognise these furrin' parts, and don't tell me it's in Devon. I'll be down there in just over 3 weeks time and don't expect to see anything like that. (Wouldn't mind, though.)
                              Ivy

                              "To thine own self be true.......
                              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                                Fairly easy to solve, he says. Don't recognise these furrin' parts, and don't tell me it's in Devon. I'll be down there in just over 3 weeks time and don't expect to see anything like that. (Wouldn't mind, though.)

                                Nooo, you won't find this place in these parts, we be having some proper nice places down this way, but we be having nothing like that! Got a few old tin mines mind, they be interestin'.
                                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X