What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What place is this?

A little competition/puzzle for you all. Along the same lines as the 'Which Hurtigruten' thread, but this one is for shore based things.

In the image below is a famous building (marked within the red line), can you guess what building it is?

Too difficult? Need a clue? Well, I would give you one, but there are two very good clues in the photo, one clue should give you a good idea where in the world the place is, and the other clue in the photo should tell you what the famous building is.

The second clue may not be obvious, but you will kick yourself when realise what it is

Can you spot the two clues? Have a look and try to work it out, if you guess correctly then feel free to post your own picture puzzle.

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Abby Road Studios, 3 Abby Road, London GB.
    ōistein

If at first you donít succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Ahrgh...., you beat me, Oistein!!
      I should answer that early this morning, but I had som difficulties with the job pc here.
      The clues are the red double deck bus and the typical road marking of England, and of course the pedestrian zebra stipes
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Very well done, spot on both of you! And much quicker than i thought it would be guessed!

It is of course the famous Abbey Road Studios in N. London. And you were spot on with the clues, the red bus and the now famous Zebra crossing!

So it is now over to Oistein to post another puzzle, and to be fair to Sterkoder because of his computer problem, i think he should post one also!

Below, the now famous Zebra crossing on the cover of the Beatles Abbey Road album.

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Here is a new one, also with at least two very good clues in the photo.
          What is inside the big white one?

ōistein

Comment

After going off on the wrong track it suddenly occurred to me that this building looked familiar. I have seen this building elsewhere on this forum! I have confirmed the identity, but i shall wait and give others a chance.

Comment

Norwegian Aviation Museum in BodÝ.
              (Formed as a two-blade propeller, each section twisted as a blade also. Been there four times..., highly recommended as one of the top aviation museums in the world!)

Comment

Yes, you are right.

Your turn!
                ōistein

Comment

I'm not in the mood to make things difficult for you right now, so where's this?

Comment

Must be Saint Peterburg... no, I mean Moscow!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This must be the famous St. Basils Cathedral in Moscow - Russia

More about the Cathedral: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Basil's_Cathedral
                      ōistein

Comment

Difficult to find anything on Google Earth that you don't know about, and you are so correct...

Comment

It was actually a great idea to make this thread: here, we do have the potential to learn a lot about the world around us!

This one might not be easy...recently featured on NG Channel and touted as one of the biggest marvels - and mysteries - of human mankind.

At the height, there was more than a 100.000 people living here, but suddenly, they all vanished from the place. But, where is this?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            It was actually a great idea to make this thread: here, we do have the potential to learn a lot about the world around us!

This one might not be easy...recently featured on NG Channel and touted as one of the biggest marvels - and mysteries - of human mankind.

At the height, there was more than a 100.000 people living here, but suddenly, they all vanished from the place. But, where is this?
                            I think I might have thrown in something which appeared to be a tad too difficult, but to give a hint, here is what an image of the place looks like:

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              I think I might have thrown in something which appeared to be a tad too difficult.....
                              I spent an hour trying to work this one out last night, no luck so far, but i shall have another go later. I have the 'Far East' in mind, so will go off in that direction tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X