Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McDonalds

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
    So, does this count for the McDonald's thread?

What in the world....?

Someone beheaded Ronald?

Wonder what made people make this statue and I wonder what made the city council allow this to be displayed... kind of grotesque...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I think McDonald's is a symbol of the death of Venice and it's culture. The artist is mad that there is a McDonald's in Venice.

The mass of tourists have killed Venetian cuisine.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
        ....The mass of tourists have killed Venetian cuisine.
        That one I can easily understand.

A Mac Donalds as a take out in a big mall I see as "normal" but in Venice, where there is so much else to eat...?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Time for another McDonald's. This one is on the water front in Yalta. One of the more interesting one's I have seen anywhere. A round building with only pedestrian access.

Comment

Ok, my last McDonalds from last year's trip to Europe. This one is in the very western and fancy shopping end of Istiklal Caddesi in Istanbul.

Comment

Seeing these images reminds me it's be ages since I set my teeth into a (non-McD) hamburger!

Comment

Here's the McDonalds in Tallinn, Estonia

Comment

Dearest Lady E,

I've been to that one! With... ehmmmm... think it was a 3rd engineer that I met there....

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    ....I've been to that one!....
                    Me too!!!...and here's the photo-proof before paks challenges me
                    (...and I won't even think of asking for the photo proof of that 3rd engineer he met up with)

(...I didn't actually EAT anything there!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      Me too!!!...and here's the photo-proof before paks challenges me
                      (...and I won't even think of asking for the photo proof of that 3rd engineer he met up with)

(...I didn't actually EAT anything there!!!!)
                      ... I don't even think I have a photo-proof of the engineer or the "joint"....

Comment

Neither of these are particularly attractive (ugly) but I found their location interesting (annoying).

With the Arc de Dtriomphe in the background it's pretty easy to tell where this McDonalds is located.

It's a bit harder to tell the location of this one but that's the back side of the Louvre museum in the background.

Comment

Another batch of McDonalds from New York CIty. In general none that I saw were particularly interesting and in a city with so much great food there was no need to step inside.

I might have posted this McDonalds 4 or 5 years ago but I think it had a Wendy's restaurant next door instead of a credit card company.

Comment

Working...
                          X