No announcement yet.

This Is Louisiana- Cecile Plantation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To correlate what Ed says with what I wrote in #22 - the “frac jobs” is frac as in fractures and refers to the use of high pressure water to create further fracturing of the shale and so increase the rate of gas flow/extraction. That’s part of the horizontal drilling stage, rather than the vertical drilling to simply reach down to the shale layer in the first place.
    The “Haynesville Shale” is the name of the layer of strata, some ten thousand feet deep I think, that they are interested in – it dates from Jurassic times.

Comment

....what a thread. Now i understand why you were so exited about my farm report.... beeing a country girl.... thank you so much!
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Elizabeth, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread. What a wonderful piece of family history. Looking at your pictures i can well understand how you must have felt when you was a child looking out on it all - your own little world (Or not so little!). And i loved reading about the way your Grandfather - and his father before him, used to know when the ground was warm enough for planting. Fantastic!

And it's also very interesting to read that just over 200 years ago you could have bought a 1/3 of the USA for a mere $15 Million!

But tell me Elizabeth, despite having all of that space to play in when you was a child, i bet you still wanted to go adventuring even further, past those tree's in the distance? I know i would have.

Thanks for sharing such history, very interesting and enjoyable reading.
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

My dearest E., I'm ashamed, really I am. There is so much on CV to read and even after 7 months' membership exploration of new threads still gives me great excitement. I was looking at Bigboatbill's Mississippi River and saw his reference to your thread. I started up..... what thread..... where is it ..... what am I missing??
          And what an absolute joy awaited me, delving back into family history as it does (a great love of mine) and such stunning photography that it is as if you were giving me a personal tour of all that it means to you. I'm really there as I look into the scenes and hear about the people whose life it was. I'm only up to post 14, have to go now, but this thread will be a first on the list every time I visit CV because I'm impatient to find out what happened next, who did what and where you will be taking me. I just cannot fully express my appreciation for all the work you put into it, E.
          Last edited by wherrygirl; September 19th, 2010, 11:51.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Ivy...how kind!! What a smile you have put on my face this morning...when I woke up feeling like I was under a rock!!

I would so much like to do more writing/essays like this. ON the ever growing to-do list. But I am heading back to Louisiana on Thursday for 10 days and will carry my camera with me EVERYWHERE!!!

Comment

Just push that rock over the cliff and look forward to the trip to your "Loosiana", Elizabeth. Bring back more photos and perhaps some more about the family?
              And you must find time somehow for more writing - you have something very precious there.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

would this be " down in Louisiana, just about a mile from Texarcana" ? :P
                Great pictures! I really love pictures from the US. Keep posting!
                I have some family over there up in Oregon that I am going to visit some day.

Comment

Working...
                X