This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and here is nr 7

an opel insignia 2.0 4x4 turbo Cosmo sports tourer .pfffffffff names are getting longer and longer

build 2010 petrol engine ans since yesterday MY car

(green plates are of the garage, dealer plates , but now i dont have paint the licence plates )

not even negotiable. just

again

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

a big a55,with lots of power

atleast thats what the tailgate says

best regards Thijs

Comment

panorama roof, here partly closed with a sunscreen

which opens

best regards Thijs

Comment

i didn't want to leave the omega,because it also ments i would get a smaller car,but here are both of them in 1 image

yes they are, behind the insignia stands the omega.,meaning it issn't smaller, but still more than 100 liter less storage place

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

the ''Opel Knights''

best regards Thijs

Comment

goodby my friend, you are/was/ a great car, 100% of my expectations trully made

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                    wherrygirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Goodbye, old blue. I've done a few kilometers sitting in that passenger seat. Happy memories.

How wonderful... not many things beats taking out a new or relatively new car.

Looks great, perfect option for you. The shine of the car is great too - really shiny. Has it been treated with some kind of coating?
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    How wonderful... not many things beats taking out a new or relatively new car.

Looks great, perfect option for you. The shine of the car is great too - really shiny. Has it been treated with some kind of coating?
                    ---- and good bye to your old friend. May he live happy days on a green field somewhere out there.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I hope all goes well with the new set of wheels, Thijs, and that you come to love it as you did its predecessor.
                      Also, while you chaps bang on about the technical details, I would like to say how much I enjoyed the presentation of the announcement! A most amusing start, then plenty of pics. including the three cars with names superimposed on the numberplates, followed by the three named individuals standing with great determination one in front of each car.
                      With Thijs in front of old blue and Wesley championing the new one while Peter tried to keep the peace between them, It's not hard to guess who the culprit was who pushed his dad into the upgrading operation.
                      Cheers, anyway!
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The whole chebang started because of Wesley brought his car ro rhe garage for a anual inspection and saw that insignia. Saying that his dad drive an ols omega and that he should get something else.
                        He made a prise for it ( Peter was also there with old bleu to take Wesley back to home.) And Wesley send me an image of the car . ( the only downsize of it was that i had to bring money with me,instead the give me money for such unic omega) we went saterday just for taking a look at it and a testdrive. 13 years younger is a big step . But then again ot drives so smooth, and old bleu wassn' t cetting any youngher. Altought he had 2 weeks before his anual inspection , so gone money aswel. But more and more parts didn't work ,airco, 3th brakinglight, dripping and using oil etcetcetc, so it was verey clear that his end was near. BUT NOT THAT NEAR. Anyway i can drive for a coupple of years relaxet again. Means no complaning of the family that i need something youngher

Full cottage as we say in German (volle hütte). All available options. But as you say - outside big, inside small. But the kids are independent ond your model ships and trucks habe small size. It will work out. And you had at least one of the last real opel station wagons. Happy memories... and life goes on. Me for myself does also not now, what will follow after the citroen... hydopneumatic has been terminated... a volvo (expensive), a 2nd vw bus.... a skoda??? Time will show... in 18 months.
                      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I dind't know how it is called in differend countries , here it is a complete car , or full options.
                        Well i think i have a complete car, i havn,t read the manuals yet, but i saw it had wheels, a steering wheel ,but about the engine i wassn't shure.
                        The position of the gearshifter i hadn' t in me saterday. Where old bleu had his 5th gear was here 4th gear, whike the insignia have a 6speed gearbox. But the engine don't make much noise. It was that Peter told me that he was high in his rpm,s. Was i in sixt gear? Uhhhhhh, sh1t i'm in 4th gear. But it is a dangerous car. Sayerdaynight i made a drive to see how the lights are in the dark ( xenon lights) and did a full trhottle on the highway, within seconds i drove 180km. Damm he's fast. And that was even without the sport function. ( according Wesley differnd way of the steeringwheel reaction, harder suspension, but also higher in it's rpm's, wesley has the same car,only a 1.6 engine ,also a sportstype but not a 4x4 and a sedan,saloon, hatcback, whayever it,s called but not a stationwagon like mine)

Before o had the omega b ,i had the omega a station.
                        And just as you say, bigger as the omega b which was bigger as the insignia. Atleast at the inside.
                        The omega b had more than 100liters extra storage place as the insignia. So maybe for holiday when i have to take everything from the HC o have to drive twice.

I heard just some weeks back from Wesley that psa bought opel .
                        Je wassn't happy with that ( me too) robish cars they make. But also psa cancel every engune bigger than the 1.5 liter.

Be wise Ralf, buy German.

Well all and all , Old Bleu was the vehicle where of i show 5 people , but 3 cvf members Holland,at least a part of it. Dane and his wife Kelly, where i printed out the cvf logo and place that on the side windows, so that they could reconise me when i didn't see them,( when i made the car empty last week,those printed A4 size logos came out also, after that Ralf ,and Ivy, Ivy so many times that i had renew the passingerseat and later Ivy ,Ralf and ..... sorry i forgot the name of your wife Ralf. And a quick search on the mobile takes to long. Wasn't it Regina?

But i had many happy memories in and outside the car
                        with my cvf family. Great times

Do you still remember when we were on the ss" Rotterdam", and if we wanted thise audio guide on the ship?
                        And if so, what language you want? Dutch, English or German? The look at the womans face when we wanted al 3 of it.
                        Last edited by janihudi; August 28th, 2018, 22:24.

• Ralf__
                        Ralf__ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Her name is Regine! So you were not bad. Many remember her name as Regina. So she is used to that.

Oh, I love this bit:
                      wesley has the same car,only a 1.6 engine ,also a sportstype but not a 4x4 and a sedan,saloon, hatcback, whayever it,s called but not a stationwagon like mine)
                      only a 1.6 engine, sports type, not 4x4 and a sedan not a stationwagon. But the same car!!. Yeah. yeah, identical, isn't it!
                      Oh yes, I shall never forget that time on the s.s.Rotterdam, with the request for audio guides in each of three languages. Viva international friendship
                      Ivy

Comment

• Ralf__
                        Ralf__ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Be wise, buy german... i don‘t now. Nowadays it is difficult. I read a tyre test recently and the michelin was produced in germany, the pirelli in france and the continental in czech republic. And the same is with cars. Our fiat is from poland, i guess the only real original car is the mg, which is completely british! But the audio guide experience is the great story, i am telling that over and over again... thank you cv and all the dear friends from there!

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Porsche, mercedes, audi and bmw are still german.
                        Arn't they?

Well, the cayenne body comes from slovakia. The boxter was produced in finland and austria. Mercedes cooparates with renault, the 1.5 diesel and the citan is from france, many of the bmw come out of spartanburg, usa and audi is volkswagen and these components are produced all over the world... globalisation is everywhere.
                      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

OK, here's my pennyworth: my little Seat is Spanish with a VW Polo engine.
                        Ivy

Comment

Working...
                        X