Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Pictures of Cars, Buses, Trucks...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Attention Sterkoder....

    I was sitting "flickr-ing" through some of the albums at flickr, and look what I came across:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36081480@N08/4850819404/

    The photographer is named Stig, and in his albums, he's got some 6098 images from Norway with buses, ships, trains and cars....

    Remembering how passionate you are about old buses, this would send you into hours of looking at images....

    Take a look, it starts here...:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3608148...th/4850819404/
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

    Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

    Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

    Comment


      Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      Attention Sterkoder....

      I was sitting "flickr-ing" through some of the albums at flickr, and look what I came across:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/36081480@N08/4850819404/

      The photographer is named Stig, and in his albums, he's got some 6098 images from Norway with buses, ships, trains and cars....

      Remembering how passionate you are about old buses, this would send you into hours of looking at images....

      Take a look, it starts here...:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/3608148...th/4850819404/
      Did you like, Sterkoder?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

      Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

      Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

      Comment


        Oh yes, I can assure you: Sterkoder did like...., very much!!!!!!

        Thank you, my friend, for showing me this...., I'm so glad I start one week of autumn vacation today, making it possible for me to browse through all this

        Last Thursday, as I left work, I found this green little beauty parked beside my car at the Vestbase carpark.
        What do you say, Oistein...., those register numberplates, when did they get changed by two letters and five numbers....??? 1973...?

        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

        Comment


          As some will know, who have seen my car, but I attend many car shows in the UK throughout the summer. Here are a few images that I took at the Breakfast Club Meet in August.



















          Comment


            Great!!!

            On picture two there, how about that four-engined RAF transport plane Bristol Britannia; any images...??
            (And last, but not least, that Lockheed Neptune behind that blue Transporter in the last image?)

            Don't know if you've seen it before, but here's a link with pictures I took during an arrangement in Kristiansund in May 2007. many VWs

            Link from our old forum, now closed:
            http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/...pic.php?t=1189

            And another one, with cars from MSA EuroClassic visiting Kristiansund in 2008.
            http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/...pic.php?t=2384
            Last edited by Sterkoder; October 3rd, 2010, 18:35.
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

            Comment


              The only one I have is this



              I have a few more from the show which was held at RAF Cosford, I will post them in the aviation section

              Comment


                Thank you, Bill!!!
                This is truly a beautiful aircraft of its time...
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                Comment


                  Originally posted by White Star View Post
                  As some will know, who have seen my car, but I attend many car shows in the UK throughout the summer. Here are a few images that I took at the Breakfast Club Meet in August.


                  I have always been found of this type of Volkswagen mini-bus... especially since one of my dear friends in Thailand (which is a famous rock singer) showed me his. It was featured in one of his music videos as well.
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                  Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                  Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                  Comment


                    I have always wanted to travel round Europe in one of them. My friend used to own one and they have quite a following, if you pass another on the road they always flash their lights at each other

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      Did you like, Sterkoder?
                      Really looked through these albums of Stig at flikr.com now, and Jan-Olav..., have you seen all those very nice old hurtigrute-pictures he has taken...?
                      Pages 27 and 28 for a start
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        Really looked through these albums of Stig at flikr.com now, and Jan-Olav..., have you seen all those very nice old hurtigrute-pictures he has taken...?
                        Pages 27 and 28 for a start
                        I posted all of them by links in each of the ship's thread already...
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                        Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                        Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                          I posted all of them by links in each of the ship's thread already...
                          Just wait until you reach 47 yourself. The first thing that disappear is the ability to be over all at the same time and be on top of what's going on everywhere....

                          (That said, in a friendly tone, thank you for the tips).
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            Did you like, Sterkoder?
                            I must quote and comment one more time....., as I'm in awe over this flickr account of Mr. Stig Baumayer!!!!
                            Good thing I have a week off, because here I am, filled to the rim with nostalgia and memories, and I'm only at page 39 of over 300

                            Wonder what lays ahead of me?

                            This guy is sitting on a treasure, mostly to norwegians who experienced the time of his images, but also to europeans,as it seems like this guy and his family has been doing alot of travelling in the late 50s, 60s and 70s....
                            And have his father owned a number of interesting cars..., wow...!!
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; October 4th, 2010, 16:52.
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              Last Thursday, as I left work, I found this green little beauty parked beside my car at the Vestbase carpark.
                              What do you say, Oistein...., those register numberplates, when did they get changed by two letters and five numbers....??? 1973...?

                              Sterkoder, this nice Beetle with Oslo-plates was a nice car indeed. Oslo switched to this "telephone number" register plates in 1958. The rest of the country had its own "fylkesbokstav" on the numberplates. This system was in use until replaced with the current registersystem in April 1971.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by LN-MEH View Post
                                Sterkoder, this nice Beetle with Oslo-plates was a nice car indeed. Oslo switched to this "telephone number" register plates in 1958. The rest of the country had its own "fylkesbokstav" on the numberplates. This system was in use until replaced with the current registersystem in April 1971.
                                NB!
                                Don't forget that you on veteran cars (more than 30 years of age) can get old fashion numberplates today.
                                You can choose from the old "one letter and 1-5 digits" or the old Oslo style 6 digits in pair without regard to where in Norway you live.
                                There is only one drawback - You can't change to another old style numberplate even with a new owner. The number you choose will follow the car to the car breaker.
                                Øistein

                                If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X