No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model vehicle collectors out there?

i found images of my uncles truck,but also see now that they are both the wrong cabs.
    i have to get a cab of the first generation,so of to the fair again.
    btw Ivy,with trowing away i mean in a big box,chassis and cab i can use,the loading board goes away can't do nothing with a dismolished floor (just needed the side boards) and wheels i don't use those,there are nicer wheels now to use.

this model i bought of a friend of mine,who has the truckmodelbuilders forum.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Ah, I'm so relieved to know that the chassis and wheels are not going into the wheelie-bin, but into your miscellaneous box.
        I was looking at the two images on the top of the cab above. What do they represent? Their headgear looks like a chef's cap. Two other points: I assume that the use of the French and German flags shows that they trade with those countries, and I am curious about the use of the word Holland on the front. We use it a lot when we really ought to say the Netherlands, I am guilty of this often, but I have read that although it should really only apply to one province even the Dutch themselves are beginning to call their country Holland. Is this so? And is this why it is used on the cab, so that these ignorant foreigners know where it comes from?

i have to get a cab of the first generation,so of to the fair again.
        Any excuse...... Hope you find one, though.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I’m interested in the point Ivy brings up about “Holland”. As an English lass living in Scotland I’ve always been ultra-careful about the Holland/Netherlands distinction, all the more so for being aware of another province in particular –Friesland. This initially came from my grandfather farmer and the models of Friesian cows he gave me that unfortunately didn’t survive beyond my childhood to be photographed for various models and miniatures threads here!

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            I was looking at the two images on the top of the cab above. What do they represent? Their headgear looks like a chef's cap .
            they are called ''flipje''. they are the mascotte of a jam (marmalade) factory the ''Betuwe'' named after the fruitshed of holland in the city Tiel.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=flipj...w=1280&bih=676

or google de betuwe Tiel ,flipje,but after a quick look al in dutch

Two other points: I assume that the use of the French and German flags shows that they trade with those countries, and I am curious about the use of the word Holland on the front. We use it a lot when we really ought to say the Netherlands, I am guilty of this often, but I have read that although it should really only apply to one province even the Dutch themselves are beginning to call their country Holland. Is this so?
            transportation companies don't trade with other countries,they drive for companies who trade,so they are just hauling goods,not selling goods,like the flower trucks you made images of with the ocean liner at the side.that comapny buys flowers and sell them to stores.
            this company hauls containers nowadays ,but in past they drove sugarbeets like my uncle and they also drove live stock for the livestock markets.

holland is shorter then ''the Netherlands'' and for a strange reason every foreigner knows Holland,but if we say the Netherlands,they think over it as the capitol of Danmark.
            thatswhy we say Holland,but don't know any better as it always was like this.

for the sticker it's the same ''holland ''is shorter so cheaper,less material.
            there are 2 hollands ''Noord'' and ''Zuid'' north and south ,Amsterdam lays in Noord Holland,while Rotterdam lays in Zuid Holland.

And is this why it is used on the cab, so that these ignorant foreigners know where it comes from? ?
            probally,but holland is a more catchy name then the Netherlands.

Any excuse...... Hope you find one, though.
            that won't be a problem,there are tons of them,it's just that the mountain of unused parts is bigger and bigger.

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            I’m interested in the point Ivy brings up about “Holland”. As an English lass living in Scotland I’ve always been ultra-careful about the Holland/Netherlands distinction, all the more so for being aware of another province in particular –Friesland. This initially came from my grandfather farmer and the models of Friesian cows he gave me that unfortunately didn’t survive beyond my childhood to be photographed for various models and miniatures threads here!
            as i sayed above there issn't that much of a problem about holland and the netherlands,sure there are always people which are proud of there province (like me,i'm not a hollander,i'm a brabander),but i won't hate you if you calle me a hollander.

we if you come over (and i'm still a member here) and we will have a family meeting i buy you some friese cows.
            but not collecters items, just toy cows
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Thanks, Thijs.

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
              transportation companies don't trade with other countries,they drive for companies who trade,so they are just hauling goods,not selling goods,like the flower trucks you made images of with the ocean liner at the side.that comapny buys flowers and sell them to stores.
              Yes, sorry, I was trying not to be long-winded. That's what I really meant, that they delivered to other countries for companies who traded there.

but if we say the Netherlands,they think over it as the capitol of Danmark.
              Eek!!!! The Netherlands mistaken for Copenhagen????????

as i sayed above there issn't that much of a problem about holland and the netherlands,sure there are always people which are proud of there province (like me,i'm not a hollander,i'm a brabander),but i won't hate you if you calle me a hollander.
              OK Dutchie.
              Ivy

Comment

So, it is simple; Holland is part of the Netherlands., but why is the people living there called Dutch????

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                  So, it is simple; Holland is part of the Netherlands.

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                  but why is the people living there called Dutch????
                  maybe because of our neighbour Germany=Deutschland to Dutch,DeUTsCHland.

verry verry verry long ago the germans went west and settle down the riverdeltas and create holland and while it's low at waterlevel it became the ''netherlands''.

or something like that the story goes.
                  Last edited by janihudi; November 11th, 2012, 11:50.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Have you been to the fair yet to get the right cab for your uncle's truck? I'm hanging about here waiting to see the finished product.
                    Ivy

Comment

ask again in a few years

btw the fair is at 1 december.
                      however i ordered today for 500,00 euro for models to make,and i need for hundreds of euro's more stuf.

new orders

2 of these

2of these

image from wesley,i forgot to take an image of the complete truck
                      Last edited by janihudi; November 18th, 2012, 09:50.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

3 of these

4 of these but with another trailer

and then 2 fantasy trucks

and not to forget 2 of my ''highway cruiser'' and many more
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

however I ordered today for 500,00 euro for models to make,and i need for hundreds of euro's more stuf.
                          €500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and counting!
                          Are these models for yourself or ordered by other people,Thijs?
                          Ivy

Comment

yesterday eve dooing not much more then surching for stuff that i need for completing the models,think at lightbars ,chrome rims,airhorns,little lights,other than standard rims known as super singles,and muchmuchmuch more to complete a model so that it wil looks as the original but 50 times smaller.
                            now i have to order 5 container chassis,but have to know what they exactly want,but they cost between 20 euro (btw why do you have the euro sign ,and i dont) for the most simple and 80 euro for a chassis thats IS there's ,but expensive.
                            whit that the complete model wil cost then for them between 200,00 and 250,00,so this way they can lower there price,the truck have to be good,the chassis doesnt matter,just if there is a chassis it's alright.pitty

for every model more than 1 ,is 1 for my own,the others are ordered,and the fantasytruck is just the tractor,but there have to be asmuch on it as possable,lightbars ,bullbar,chrome rims,airhorns,the chassis hide with a catwalk and skirts,a backbumper,standing doubble exhaust and in the same red as the marcel vink truck.
                            so by the time i have ordered al the junk that i still need and for making and printing the decals for al those trucks it wil cost me again hundreds of euro's.
                            a hobby,such a nice way to spent your little time
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                              to complete a model so that it wil looks as the original but 50 times smaller.
                              If you are making the kind of model that you do, then I agree that it must be as near authentic as possible. That's what is attractive about those you produce.

(btw why do you have the euro sign ,and i dont)
                              Because I have a different machine, a Dell, American actually. It's on the same key as $ and 4 but you have to operate it by the Alt Gr key.

the truck have to be good,the chassis doesnt matter,just if there is a chassis it's alright.pitty
                              Once the whole model is complete, does it show much if the chassis is the cheaper type rather than the proper one?

the fantasytruck is just the tractor,but there have to be asmuch on it as possable,lightbars ,bullbar,chrome rims,airhorns,the chassis hide with a catwalk and skirts,a backbumper,standing doubble exhaust and in the same red as the marcel vink truck.
                              You've forgotten the fairground carousel with flashing lights on the roof.

a hobby,such a nice way to spent your little time
                              You're right, Thijs, and it's something that your eye for detail and painstaking care in doing things is well suited for. But I hadn't realised the parts were so expensive. There again, it's authenticity that makes them so. It must be really satisfying as you complete each new model.
                              Ivy

Comment

the nicer looking (and more expencive )containerchassis are more look a like real,while the 15euro (no Alt Gr do nothing) looks like this.

while they could have a chassis as they really got.

http://www.wsi-models.com/nl/white-l...tainer-chassis
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X