• Show
Clear All

the torpedo is still alive

it's also the model were Jan de Rooij won his first Paris-Daker rally with

best regards Thijs

Comment

still busy at the Jac.Kool models

the Merc is to reconise now from the back

also got the right size of decals now for the containers aswel the type stickers of the merc, 1933 , which stands for 19 tons and 330 hp

al 3 ready for the varnish
      best regards Thijs

Comment

I really love those "torpedo-trucks" - this is what I remember from my childhood years. There is one in Trondheim, operating out of the part of the port called Brattøra. I think it belongs to Stokke Transport.

It's a Scania I think.

http://www.stokketrsp.no/index.php

I know the son of the owner, he was a trainee at the ferries a while back.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          There aren't european truckbuilders anymore that build torpedo's.
          Those what are build now ,are build by costums companies.
          The iveco strator is an Australian model,but with the narrow cab, a Dutch garage build them now here too but with the wide cab.
          Scania don't build them either anymore, a Dutch company designes a new torpedo model for the latest scania model

placing the name plates behind al the windscreens,but then i see the michelin mascottes arn't white

a lot of plates

best regards Thijs

Comment

working at all the models the same time

the reefer trailer is in the varnish, so i can paint the other colors now ,starting with the air suspension

best regards Thijs

Comment

This is really amazing. Which scale is it? 1:43? I looked back, but i think you did not mention it.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks Ralf.
              can't remember if i had mentioned earlier, but the scale is 1:50.
              the most factories use that scale, Tekno ,WSI ,Conrad, Lion Toys, Joal as for the biggest factories, smaller factories also use that scale.
              siku was 1:55 but stepped over to 1:50.
              a little manufactory in England Smith models but others also made them in 1:48, but that is because thwy made them in inches and recalculated it is 1:48
              French companies use the 1:43 scale, which has as +point that cars models al made in 1:43, so trucks and cars fit together.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
              X