Clear All

bought me an American diesel tank

best regards Thijs

Comment

well, it issn't a rubberduck,it's a Holland duck

removed the al the paint of the trailer hood

best regards Thijs

Comment

had bought american style mirrors ,way to big.

bought today other mirrors at the model fair

best regards Thijs

Comment

bought also 2 sleeper boxes.
          not that i need them,but just incase.
          that man had more type of sleeper boxes,but sold out,and propably that he won't make new ones anymore.
          times are changing in modelbuilders world. he don't think that he can sold enough of them to get outof the costs of producing

now i have 2 types,i can make more of them out of resin

for a new project, but if it ever wil built????
          a donor model

the only image i have

best regards Thijs

Comment

For more pictures search in Google for "MAN Kurzhauber" and pictures. You will get a lot of them!
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats a place to search for it.
              First thing what the color of the chassis was.
              The cab color numbers i have.
              Was it the factory livery and what waa the factory livery then that time.
              In that time there wasn't much extra's on a truck, so i think that it was a standart truck, as MAN , sorry M.A.N built them that time. I can't even see what trailer is behind, 2 or 3 axle

meanwhile i still working at the models

i placed the mirror supports

just placed them for the image,but will fit correct

also wide,but less wide as the plastic ones
            best regards Thijs

Comment

after i spraypainted the cab/bonnet i noticed a line in the bonnet.
              after closer look at images i didn't see them on the originel truck.
              it was a line of the mold were top and bottomside came together
              so i removed them. also drilled a new hole on the wheel arches ,because left and right were differend, and filled the wrong hole again

best regards Thijs

Comment

painted the cab

painted the tank

best regards Thijs

Comment

now the complte truck is painted .it's now to wait for the decals, which i havn't ordered yet

Last edited by janihudi; January 31st, 2019, 20:40.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

with darkbrown paint i made some rust at the trailer, also in the black parts, but need some other brown too.
                    the long brown stripes are spilled liquid, as a try.
                    but i have to place the decals first, so the liquid flows over the letters

best regards Thijs

Comment

also the model drove over the edge ,like the origenal drove over it, but the daf didn't fall of the table like the origenal into the vally

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, that's cheating!

lots of ready painted parts which i can place the decals at

even more parts waiting for decals

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Enough "waiting for decals" to keep your decal-maker busy for weeks - always assuming you remember to ask him!

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        while al the time i had dooing nothing at the models i also had no contact with the decal maker,now i am working at them i have to order at ones for the decals.
                        normaly when i start with a model , i contact the decalmaker too for what i need.

in this organized mess i'm workin at the models.
                      between the red line,boxes full with donor models, ready parts, left overs, parts waiting to be used etcetcetc
                      in the shoe and booth boxes fresly painted parts,aswel in those plastic boxes, behind the row in sight is another row with boxes, full with …….

the painting closet, stuffed with donor models, ready painted parts ,ready models or models were is no place for anymore

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        in this organized mess i'm workin at the models.
                        No you.re not. You're just stuffing all the bits into boxes.

the building corner.
                      with lots of tools, parts ,kits etcetcetc

another storage corner,3 crates of spray cans, on top of that boxes full with small parts, and litte paint cans,top row also paint stuff,the right side a mess corner.

not that weird that i can't find parts sometimes, still looking at boxes where i placed parts in
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        First pic. !!!! Now I AM impressed

the plan was to do a lot of decal work on sunday,while a lot was ready for it
                      didn;t had ecals for everything, and at the end i didn't had them while i thought i had them left from when i build them before

had to made 3 of these trailers, and the decals which i need for it

but along the way i went further and further i knew i wouldend come so far as i thought and hoped.
                      some of the trailer fronts were differend painted as the other ,or after a closer look there was some paint over spray.
                      curtains sheets of the trailers which i thought there were paint very wel painted yellow, wen't so. the white plastic shines through
                      while al the repaint work i didn't more than this ,i trailer front and back, 1 only the front,1 only the backside and 1 container complete except 1 side, decals have to dry ,so i can't lay them on the wet decals

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        some of the trailer fronts were differend painted as the other ,or after a closer look there was some paint over spray.
                        curtains sheets of the trailers which i thought there were paint very wel painted yellow, wen't so. the white plastic shines through
                        Then all that must have been done by someone else, Thijs is too much of a perfectionist. Or perhaps he had been working so hard at them that he fell asleep while continuing to paint. Not to worry, you'll soon sort the bits out when you need them.

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i had made those trailer before, but now i made them again,for me is then dat i got to differed models ,but with the same trailer.
                        so made new images of a yougher trailer,but they have another kind of rooftop,i painted them as Always with a white strip of roofsheet,the new ones didn't had them but i had already 1 trailer ready, the one in the image,so made them as they are .
                    Working...
                    X