No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Duel truck has a search light at the cab,the Daf don't have that roofsupport there,so placed one behind the bonnet

but then those metal headlights are just silvergrey painted, not a good looking front then
    , drilled them out and placed those little diamonds aswel

notice, that aren't real diamonds,that's swarofsky diamonds.
    Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:16.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      notice, that aren't real diamonds,that's swarofsky diamonds.[
      You disappoint me! Mind you, Svarofski diamonds are just a leeeeeetle pricey, too.

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      But still cheaper

Absolutely wonderful job so far, janihudi.

Having just recently seen the movie, this is awesome to follow. Well done!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks J-O.
      At this moment it stands still.
      No paint, and no american style fuel tank or american style mirrors.
      The paint i want to use is ral8001,okerbraun.
      Not available in a spraycan, they have to make that for me.
      Make the paint, it's just a little and pump that in a can costs me about 50 euro.
      And just for one model.
      So i'm not jumping of joy right now
      Last edited by janihudi; December 30th, 2018, 00:35.

• pakarang
      pakarang commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I understand. That is a very high price for such a small amount of paint.

I'm sure that you will finish the project later.

didn't do much the last days,mainly dooing everything besides modelbuilding

went out to get a spraycan on a other place, a cheaper place.
    after 30,000 times trying to gleu a ladder on the tank, i bought other stuf, a 2 compunents glue,
    but not working well at this point, so trying it now for 30.006 time
    more or less done with the duel truck.
    did make the rearbracket for the mudflaps,
    but still not the parts yet

starting to go on with other models, 4 of a former company were i worked for.
    the 4 models as in #658.1 i talked about, making 1 trailer ready for spraying into the primer
    also with a trailer trailer cover,of another model were i have to make 4 of

so busy with many things, but it stops everytime because i ran out of parts or paint or decals

but sprayed some things in the primer

the rearbracket on the truck to place the mudflaps at
    also i filled the back side with that 2 components glue, in 2 times, here was the first time

for 30.000 times i tryed to place the ladder,but every time it goes loose again

Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:19.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

the boxtrailer that comes behind a old truck i drove.
      the rear bumper was broken,so made a repair with plastic, but broke very fast, bought some copper and make one of that
      i lost the landinglegs, take them from another trailer i got (the same model) but then again when i need that trailer i got the same problem.
      so take another one and make it so it fits, and also some repair work.
      removed the last paint on some parts and placed a dieseltank under it, it wil be a reefer trailer

the trailer cover which i removed the paint of but still some left picked that also out to remove the left paint, but the cover was completly rusted.
      so sand that al the way that al the paint and rust is away

Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:20.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

this is one the four ,one of i drove with.
        almost fineshed for years, but i was stuck on the other 3 models ,so stoped with this one to.
        but it was just 3 colors of paint ,decals on it and done,
        oh and make the side guard on it

the white strip and a step bracket ,lets hope the paint is still good to use

best regards Thijs

Comment

and sprayed everything in the white primer

best regards Thijs

Comment

Good heavens, you've been doing quite a bit of catching up on older models-in-the-making, Thijs. Great!
            #664.1 Is that gubbins in the middle the refrigeration unit? (Oh yes, I know all about reefer trucks now, ) Which is the diesel tank - is it that bit behind the landing legs? But it looks so small, though perhaps it is just to supply the fridge?
            #665/1 Have you got the decals for that one? And the wheels don't match yet - I assume that they are still to be painted - hope the old paint you have is still OK, otherwise there wil be more expense. Is that more refrigeration gubbins at the rear end?
            These unfinished models are something different, it's lovely to see you getting going with them again. Thijs, you must keep up the good work and get some of them completed now.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              Good heavens, you've been doing quite a bit of catching up on older models-in-the-making, Thijs. Great!
              Thanks

#664.1 Is that gubbins in the middle the refrigeration unit?
              what is gubbins?

Which is the diesel tank - is it that bit behind the landing legs? But it looks so small, though perhaps it is just to supply the fridge?
              yes thats the one, looks smaal, but can filled with about 200liter, and only for the fridge engine, a small one, even much smaller than thats is in your car

#665/1 Have you got the decals for that one? And the wheels don't match yet - I assume that they are still to be painted - hope the old paint you have is still OK, otherwise there wil be
              more expense. Is that more refrigeration gubbins at the rear end?

no ,no decals yet ,not for them all.. those are the correct wheeels, painted as it was, and still don't know what gubbins is

These unfinished models are something different, it's lovely to see you getting going with them again. Thijs, you must keep up the good work and get some of them completed now.
              i'm trying
              best regards Thijs

Comment

the club of 4
                the 2 at the left are my old trucks, the 2 at the right is for a collegue that wanted one, made also 1 for myself

there finished till the cab and decals

best regards Thijs

Comment

the first time i mentioned on the modelbuilders forum was 22 june 2007 , the first images is from july 2009 .many images there are gone
                  i had taken the order somewhere in 1997

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                    wherrygirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i had taken the order somewhere in 1997
                    Do you mean the order for the colleague in #669???????????? Poor chap - is he still alive to receive it???????????????

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes he is,and stop working in may ,so i will try to get them finished by then.
                    he had never payed in advance, so he can't say nothing about it, by that i told him that i could make it for 300.00guilders
                    what is in euro 136.13 in euro's.
                    a mistake that i have made 1 time before, set a price for a model, it's costing me money. had already had that 3x 25.00 = 75 guilders is about 35 euro
                    for this model i think i go over the 200 euro, but i had made a price for the model, so he only pay me that amount, costs me a lot .and not to forget, i get the total price for my own too for the model i keep

but i started with this
                  and this was just the base, lots of parts would added, make even my own parts out of resin
                  it just went wrong through the roofspoiler

best regards Thijs

Comment

2 old trucks were i drove with

a merc

and a man, loks the same as the other 2,but has a smaller cab.about 20cm,10cm each side.
                    had to cut the chassis aswel,and place there another part at it to get a 3 axle chassis

best regards Thijs

Comment

painted the bikeguard black

then wanted to paint the parts braun again.
                      take the spraycan shake it and

it imploded

i don't hope that more can sufferd of that, i got lots of them, which i can throw away.
                      like flushing money to the toilet

Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:39.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        a bycicle fall under protection
                        when we turn right and we didn't see the cyclist ,he/she can get stuck between the chassis parts or fall under the truck, those protection device push them away from the wheels.
                        i had told you once (i believe or placed it here) that i drove so over a cyclist.

in the images that are the white strips of plastic, the have to be painted black, but i glue them at the tanks, battery pack and more,there is some adhesive residue.
                        the grey stuf, for that i need the brown paint.
                        Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:29.

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, I haven't forgotten you telling about that accident, and I'm so very sorry that I reminded you of it, Thijs. I just wasn't clear what it looked like and so where it was.
                        Something I forgot to ask in my previous Comment was about you working with resin, in #671 with that incredible display of all those minute parts. In what form do you buy it, and how do you work it?
                        In that 15th century building in St. Mary's Street here, there are some beautiful wooden carvings beneath one of the first floor windows, one piece of which became very rotten a few years ago. A well-known local wood-carver used resin to replace it and I wondered at the time how it was worked and whether it is very easy or not. How did you find it?

• janihudi
                        janihudi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        no sorry for that, it didn't gave me a trauma

in that image there issn't any resin,the silvergrey parts are white metal,a soft metal

this is what i bought 3 years back, still didn't use it, 67 euro's unused

2 components for the resin, a tin and a small bottle for making the silicon rubber mold

here a the molds i tryed ,just small parts

it works to mix 2 proportional quantity of the big bottles and pour that in the molds, and let it dry a few minutes,but thats with small parts, bigger i don't know howlong

other builders told me about it, when i said that i need more parts of some , without buying models for just i part, and then is that model without the part, so not a solution

the darn picturepush was playing up me again,a new try

black, the rear and renewed bumper
                      it was broken when years back i removed the paint, made a new one out of plastic but broke the same day, made now one out of copper
                      green, the airsuspencion for the axles
                      red ,the bike protection
                      purple ,the dieseltank for the reefer unit
                      orange, the landinglegs

i am forgotten to place a spare wheel bracket between the black and green circles

best regards Thijs

Comment

a driver asked me if i could build a model for him.
                        he saw at the fair a model made of resin, but he found it to expensive, so he bought (unseen) a kit of it.
                        made the box open at home and closed it just at fast.
                        he know he couldend built that

the 5 white parts are Original tekno parts aswel some other too, the cyellow/white stuff is the resin

it layed for years in house and in that time the model was bent and tornt al over
                        this is a complete model

and what i build for others ,i build for me too.
                        but from Tekno parts,again i needed 2 chassis to make this truck, and this is without the trailer what lays here

bad images ,but photo from photo
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                          wherrygirl commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I don't blame him, seeing all those miniscule parts spread out.
                          But Thijs to the rescue - given time - LOTS of time.

• janihudi
                          janihudi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He didn't even had to wait that long.
                          In that time i was building in a row.
                          But he had just 5 year the pleasure of the model.
                          His wife found him dead onder the stairs, bad heart
                      Working...
                      X