Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big silence in this thread. How is it going Thijs, any progress?
    ---------------------------
    Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
    Deck plan geek.
    The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      I remerbered today that i bought 2 models a few weeks back. Had some ideas ( thats far i go, building them is something completly different) that i wanted to build so bought them as donor, but they looked to good for use them for that.

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      At the moment there is not much fun for me with the new car. Is in the garage since 2 weeks now, they had to pick him up with a trailer. Lots of oil had to be filled(5 liter a 21.85 euro a liter)
      The turbo was complete gone. But a new one wassn't available, 1 week to wait. Thuesday it was delevered and replaced. But stil not okay.
      Lost of compression in cilinder one.
      They think now that the engine gets a overhaul to make it 100%. But they had to look further for that.
      But it needs a week more, maybe more. It's just what s come out. A new engine head, a overhauled head, it' own head and let that one overhauled. I don't know this moment.

• Clipper
      Clipper commented
      Editing a comment
      Waaaaaah! What a nightmare Thijs. You have my sympathy.

My Saxo needs some attention right now but nothing as serious as you describe. Maybe a new head gasket, hopefully nothing worse.

when tekno had there 90th aniversery ,they had a event in there museum.
    many models were for sale for 90 euro,but nothing intresting for me.
    which i wanted where al sold out, the mack's.
    but bought me 2 lion toys models, well one and a half.
    bought them as donor for models i want to make, sometimes, but probably never.

and as so ever, i bought models that look to good to be a donor model.

a daf torpedo in the livery of the modelclub which i visit almost every 2 months, and the biggest in Europe.

the plan was to cut this in 2 behind the cab ,and make a other back side to it with 2 axles,so that there came a 3 axle truck

and i got this model what is not complete a lion toys model, the tanktrailer is lion, the cab too,
    but i never had seen a 3 axle model of this one,also the way the axles where placed and the strange engine.
    but it was so wel done, that it take some very close look to see how they did it.
    the truck is by this as called a code 3 model. build by someone self
    the cab is lion toys, the chassis is a conrad model,but don't know from which truck.

so just as the torpedo i keep it like this ,just because of how it looks.

but the trailer will not used, because i have the same trailer ,but with paint damage,so will use that tanktrailer as donor and this trailer goes to the other truck of the paint damaged trailer, then i have a nice set again.

the truck of this will be stored for use to buid an other model. so not really need that i bought it after i was at home in look better to the model, just bought it because of the 3axle chassis,never had seen that.
    but hey,just 25 euro a model,who cares. (may be strange as how i said it,but when you think that prices of 200 euro are common for a model,than is this cheap)

best regards Thijs

Comment

the parts thats belong to the lion toys model are the bumper,the cab, the mudscreens behind the frontaxles and the fifth wheel
      any thing else is conrad

also the engine issn't a daf engine,or what is usealy used as daf engine

best regards Thijs

Comment

• Clipper
        Clipper commented
        Editing a comment
        Fascinating!

i want to make a model like this one

the movie truck

it's the truck from the movie DUEL
      a dirty rusty tanktruck that's hunt for a red car till death
      it was the first movie of Steven Spielburg
      best regards Thijs

Comment

• Clipper
        Clipper commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember Duel. It starred Dennis Weaver aka "McCleod".

the truck of this will be stored for use to buid an other model
      Have you yet filled up that big bag I sent you?
      #634, ah - now you're talking! Get going on it, Thijs, it would be really great.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

OH, I really got to see this film, DUEL, right now...

It's not on APPLE TV here in Norway, I may have to search another medium.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

i suspose you have youtube

best regards Thijs

Comment

• Clipper
            Clipper commented
            Editing a comment
            The Duel was originally a short story by Richard Matheson, then Steven Spielberg's 74 minute TV movie, then a 90 minute full cinema movie, for which extra scenes were shot. Later, the same story-line and some of the footage were used in an episode of TV series The Hulk.

In the UK, the movie version and the Hulk version were aired by the same TV channel within one month of each other, causing lots of consternation and complaints. People felt very cheated. The TV company, in turn, complained to the agents etc from whom they had bought the licences. Last I heard, they never got any money back.

It's not my favourite movie. Although Spielberg thought Denis Weaver was perfect for the part, by the time The Duel was shown in the UK, Weaver was well known as McCleod. He was not a great character actor, therefore seemed to be exactly the same person but with a different name. It didn't seem right.

All things considered, The Duel was a bad movie experience for the British audience.

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes i knew it was used for a tv show, but i thought it was for the A-team. It was the part for shure that the truck went over the ridge into the valley.
            I reconise that part because of when the truck went over the ridge, the drivers door was open, also as in that tb show. Further i can't remember me anything out of the tv show.

Excellent janihudi.... thanks for the film-link, will watch this film really soon!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
            i suspose you have youtube
            Got to see it yesterday - FINALLY!

Great movie from a time when they made great movies. Recommended to others as well, if you are a fan of older, great movies.

PS: Ordered myself a die-cast toy-car today, from Welly ( http://www.wellydiecast.com/index.php ): the Jaguar XJ (since they don't make the XJL version)... just like mine, scale 1:24.

http://www.wellydiecast.com/product....search#pid=816

From China by e-bay, due to arrive some time after December 18th.
            Last edited by pakarang; December 2nd, 2018, 19:11. Reason: Added a PS-note.

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              had you tryed other manufactorys?
              minichamps, kyosho, burago, etcetcetc

For model makers, https://youtu.be/HO_0f8tcBuI (25 minutes).

Probably belongs in the Aviation forum but this is an active thread where the link is more likely to be seen.

There are many more YouTube videos about model making but I particularly like this one, mainly because of the lights and motors.
            ---------------------------
            Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
            Deck plan geek.
            The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              for a non aviation type of guy, i like it how its done with al the lights and rotating props.
              he made a beautiful model and coloring al the pits and pieces.
              even al those parts which you'le never wil see anymore.

• Tommi
              Tommi commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting to watch, but he would really need to put some more attention to the cable and soldering work :-)

• Clipper
              Clipper commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Tommi. Yes he admits at 14:20 that the wiring is a mess and that he needs to improve his skills in future models. Maybe he could do something more like a car's wiring loom?

not that i'm much into it,but i had to start somewhere. (though there are enough models i have to finish)
            it's a model for myself and a simple one.
            i bought 2 trucks with the same tanktrailer ,the best lloking trailer i keep it like it is,the other one i use for the model i want.
            the truck ,i have nothing for at the moment goes to the pile of leftovers

i will be a fantasiemodel, never build by the factory, and i wanted to use that black chassis in the background for the tandemaxles, but they have airsupension, which wassn't there yet that time.

removed the rims, there will be nicer ones replaced (better looking).
            also the landinglegs will be replaced, don't know what to do with the kingpin.
            in the paintremover, just like the paint, there used to better stuff in the past ,damn envirements rules.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
            X