Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still buying more stuff
    bought 1 merc for making a model which i drove some times at my first job as a driver
    this was easy,it's already removed the paint

but when he had 2 of them,well than you buy them both

best regards Thijs

Comment

i had bought this model for that purpose.
      but it is so comlete and without paint damage,i just keep it like that.
      also of the whole model i just need the cab and the front piece of the chassis.
      i cut off the rear axle and replace it with a 2 axle chassis

but this is how it should be looked like.
      only the trailer get the same lenght as the truck,i do have those extra freight loading platforms and the extra chassis. (but cant find them) i have to make them a little bit longer.
      the platform of this in in 1:1 6 meter,i need 7 meter, which is the same platform as on the truck

best regards Thijs

Comment

this is the only image i got ,for this moment

best regards Thijs

Comment

but when he had 2 of them,well than you buy them both
          Of course.

i do have those extra freight loading platforms and the extra chassis. (but cant find them)
          Of course.

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Wel thats nice.
            facebook remembers me that today a year back i got those parts delivered.
            4 loadingplatforms and 2 complete dolly trailers.
            i orderd 2 dolly chassis too,but not available.
            so have to order new ones.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh Thijs, they've got to be SOMEWHERE. Remember when you lost something a while back, searched everywhere but couldn't find it? Then one day there it was, underneath something else. Facebook reminded you that you certainly ordered the parts plus the date you did so. Have you by chance used them for something else instead? I'll have to get you a great BIG empty box and label it "All new spare parts IN HERE". Then every time you buy parts, put them in there even if you intend to use them the next day. That way they won't get hidden under or behind anything else.
              Might you have put them downstairs somewhere? In the shed? I know i do some daft things sometimes and then can't imagine why I did them!
              Have one last try searching. Only do it methodically. Start at the end wall of the attic, examine every shelf, tin, box even if you think you are sure what's in there. Then slowly move around the room. Finally examine every thing on the floor in the same way.
              End of instructions.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I don't have those dolly chassis.
                i thought i ordered them, but the seller diddn't had them anymore.
                but the 4 platforms and 2 dolly trailers i lnew where they were.

i have such a big box.
                it's labeled " attic"
                it's also shaped as the attic
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                  wherrygirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok,ok.

went todat to the DAF fair and bought me some models and more stuff

yeah i know,i never learn

i go to a DAF fair,and what do i buy a that that .... (well leave that to my truck thread) but's a Volvo

why such a simple model, basicly for the companies color and name, it's a company from here in Giessen and i have already 4 models of them,so to complete the set.
                maybe that i do some paintwork at it to make it more ''finished''
                best regards Thijs

Comment

but also bought me a DAF model.
                  i want this one ,because my uncle had such one too, as a few pages back you could see that i made a 6 axle truck with trailer (and sinsce then i did nothing anymore at it) of my uncle,he had this 5 axle truck with trailer before the 6 axle. trailer is the same,trailers mostly go after 2 or 3 following trucks.
                  so just buy it to have it when i want to build it.
                  and he, just 12 € so what the heck

best regards Thijs

Comment

years ago i bought me some coasters????? table trivet???? of old trucks 10 for 1 guilder. best buy
                    today i saw another one,but we never use them.(Henny is not allowed to use them,because there is already broke one) so bought it 2€ pfff and didn't knew anymore if i had that model

looking after them at home,yes i do.
                    wel now i have 3 of that model

also 4 images of a DAF truck made in the time that DAF had a ''merger'' with International Harvester.
                    in that time they build this model,but both parties wern't happy with each other.
                    there are only a few build.
                    but march the 31 i go to the big fair to pick up a kit of that model.which is made by a small home factory.
                    made them i small series. years ago i saw it to late,my pockets where already empty that moment.
                    i never saw them anymore,2 months back i got a tip that they available again.
                    mail that man ,and i can finally get one. (now find the time for it)

a origenal truck is in the DAF museum also
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

a very bad disease indead.
                      the only cure is donating lots of money

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                        a very bad disease indead.
                        The only cure is donating lots of money

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

anf here is the kit of the model of the DAF.
                          the same model of on the 4 images on post 625.
                          also see post 626.

best regards Thijs

Comment

it's a tipper chassis,a long chassis.
                            i'm thinking of making it a real American style truck with a big sleeper box,chassis is long enough for that.
                            the Original truck is stored in the DAF museum depots. Paccar don't want's it in the museum.
                            DAF was murged that time with International Harvester, a competition of Paccar
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

like it stands in the DAF museum

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X