Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spray painted the menure tank. AGAIN

also filled the trailer hoods with low-density fillers,and sanding and fillig again and sanding and filling again and sanding. I also sprayde the trailer hoods with the primer.
    Just as the menure tank i didn't look how they are now,just leave them to dry very well,though the paint and primer are totally dry within a few hours

best regards Thijs

Comment

made for the ad-bleu tank supports,which they hadn't them as like the dieseltank
      (the white plastic strips)

placed the tanks at the chassis (not glued yet)
      nicly full chassis

best regards Thijs

Comment

diesel tank at it's place

also the ad-bleu tank were it belongs

best regards Thijs

Comment

It's magnificent Thijs. The amount of care and skill you put into these - I could never get the painting and detailing right, but you manage it every time.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mark. but it's hopeless like this.
            it's painting over painting over painting, very diffecult to reach al the deatails .
            but there warn't any model kits for sale anymore last year,so had to buy already build models.
            luckly the cab is white,otherwise i had to remove that paint aswel

painted the air suspencion

painted the black mud screens grey,pitty they made them black,the manufactury don't deliver them black
          the first layer,need another layer

best regards Thijs

Comment

the difference in color,the grey looks better

both trucks got the grey mus screens now.
            enough for this day.
            tomorrow the second layer of grey paint

thats the darn thing when you buy a base white model.
            it's build.
            so must be very carefull with what i do.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

i'm satisfied with how the manure tank is now,so when i have the decals i can finish this model.
              but it's for my own,so no hurry. no place for it too.
              also the primer on the 2 trailer hoods are good now,so can spray them in color too

the diesel and ad-bleu tanks are ready for the HC

best regards Thijs

Comment

in my
                enthusiasm of painting it bleu, i was making everything bleu at the chassis
                also the cabsupport and the hose support

one support (for the hoses and cables) grey again,but forgot the white strip to paint bleu. done that noe aswel

cab suspencion/support is here stil bleu

best regards Thijs

Comment

finished with the paintwork at the chassis

also the mudflaps are done,including the flapbrackets (bleu stripes ) and the rubbers (the black stripes)
                  don't forget on the computerscreen it's not that nice,but the models are not that big. so hardley to see

best regards Thijs

Comment

made the traction wheels ready (don't have the super-single rims in house,have to order them)

and after placing the tyres back ,the bleu line was gone too,so paint it bleu and silver again,and bleu and silver again pffff

painted on one cab the backplate black. (the other will come too)

best regards Thijs

Comment

interrior removed so i can paint that too

everything is made out of black plastic,while it should be grey

but the ''wall'' should be lightergrey,but dont have that color

best regards Thijs

Comment

not that it makes any difference,you don't see it

made the inerior ready

best regards Thijs

Comment

It's so good to see you back at the modelling again, Thijs, and with all the old care and patience in evidence. You've certainly worked hard at it these last few days.
                          don't forget on the computerscreen it's not that nice,but the models are not that big. so hardley to see
                          Well, I 've worked slowly through all your photos and the work looks good to me. Much of it is very fiddly to do as the parts are so tiny yet it all comes up looking great. Was it very dificult to take the models apart when you bought them - were they glued or what?
                          One is for you and who is the other for - the boss?
                          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
                            janihudi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            didn't do as much i wanted,but the fun is back,though not in the amout as it used to be and as i wanted.

not that hard to get them apart,its more to be so carefull of breaking things,which hardly can't buy again
                            some parts are gleued,others screwed, or melted and others are just clicked,but you have to see and search wich is how mounted

yes the second one is for my boss,he ordered them also from me.
                            but it's more as in ; hee Arie (my boss his name) i'm gonna build that model,you want one too?
                            oh thats nice,make me one too. never asking about price or time.
                            he's not even knowing what i'm building yet

I'm impressed with the skill and patience you clearly have - this is something I could have done while I was still young, but now, I don't have that kind of patience any more.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
                            janihudi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            but it's also a way of finding a kind of rest in your head.
                            and when it's a hobby and you want it very much,you can do it.

like if you want a model of the ''norway'' and no one can do it for you
                            with babysteps you come to a result.
                            and the firdt one will never be that great ,but after a few models it will get there
                            Last edited by janihudi; January 5th, 2018, 11:47.

found a color of grey wich come close

and that you can see from outside

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                          X