No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thijs, Thijs, Thijs, this is great to see you back on the modelling again. OK, OK, I know you're pretending you haven't any time but I'm looking forward to seeing the start of it all. In #495 that looks like a £ sign on the packet at the right with the blue and yellow doodahs inside.
    You'll have to explain something to thickie. You said
    the model is a 5 axle tractor,while i need a 5 axle truck with a trailer.the trailers i don't have yet.so i have to cut the chassis in 2 and make it longer
    . And you showed a photo saying it had to be that one. But isn't that a 5-axle tractor unit with trailer behind, whereas you said you need a 5-axle truck with trailer. So why do you have to cut the chassis (of the tractor presumably) in half??????????????? Just don't understand these Dutchies.......
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

this is the model in de kit,but without the big white box behind the cab and the extra lights on the roof.
      this is a 5 axle heavy transport tractor.
      and that is to short for beeing a truck ,so i have to cut it between the second and third axle,see the other pic

and the we call overhere a model like the Highway cruiser a tractor ,and what i have to build a truck.
      but also for the trailer i ran in to diffeculties.
      if a buy a standart 3axle ( 1 axle in front,and at the back) trailer i have to cut the chassis aswel between the second and third axle,because i need a widespread acle set.
      but those models are mainly for supersingle tyres,while i need doubbleair tyre .(my container cahssis has supersingle tyres ,the wide tyre,the doubbleair tyres are smaller in wideness,like a front tyre and those are placed side by side)
      but eatherway i have to cut both chassis in two and make the truck longer and for the trailer i have mainly replace the second axle to the front
      its the E sign (they had told me how to get the E -euro sign on the button with the % and 5 and the euro sign.but forgot how)
      those are fenders behind the cab,those can be seen ion the image between the cab and the white box.
      those are tractor fenders,i need truck fenders,they are much smaller.
      they are in the kits aswel,but bought a extra set ,to try to cut them and make a silicon mal of them and duplicate them of resin.

you see ,so easy to understand.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

My € is on the 4 and $ button. To type it I press and hold the Alt Gr button and then press the one with the euro on it. Try that. I had to experiment to find out how - they don't tell you these little things!

I'll have to study my lesson in tractor/truck axles . (have to keep up with all this so as to know what on earth he's doing.) 0f course, the sooner you get going on this model the sooner I'll understand!
        But one thing I now know, and that is the name of the wide tyres - super single. I had an appointment on Thursday and was going cross-country on very narrow roads when I came up to a slow-moving farm tractor on SUPER SINGLE tyres - he took up 3/4 of the road width. Every time he met an oncoming car he pulled right over into the verge, covering me with clouds of dust, but although there were many farm openings and a few lanes on our side he did not pull into one to let me pass. I made sure he had seen me by pulling right over so that I was in his mirror, but the miserable so-and-so ignored me. Eventually he turned into a farm gate and I hoped he would drive over a SUPER TREBLE NAIL to puncture his tyre.
        Ivy

Comment

and than you have a Yank in the house,now to find a place for it.

it's a French truck

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

look at the exhausts
              best regards Thijs

Comment

from the movie Borsalino

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borsalino_(film)
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• pakarang
                  pakarang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is a beauty of a model, beauty of a design and perfection!

Rally Cross for big and small: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article11589689.ece

(Big kids and small cars that is)

Comment

did some clear varnish last weekend,the with parts did some weeks ago,the green last Sunday.

some mud shields spoiler parts and mirrors for a size,this is al stored in a shoebox

best regards Thijs

Comment

and painted the black parts on the bumpers.

(and hope that the image is turned well,after a update of the laptop)

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's turned well now
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

did not that much today,did some painting,painting the lines between 2 colors better on the mudscreens and paint the Mercedes star

so nice of frivers which paint the nations colors in the Mercedes star,in this case the red,white and bleu of the Netherlands,but when to do it 50 times smaller,it aint that funny anymore.

but a detailfreak as me i just couldend let it black.

not to much paint on the left one,but smaller holes in the star

how big is the star?
                      so big,or small

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Wow, I missed the fancy French model. Not sure I approve, can't really take it seriously, but I love the pistol vertical exhausts behind the cab.
                          And at last, a little more work on the Mercs. Placed in the shoebox like that just shows how small are the parts you're working on. And the stars - heavens, they're minute, aren't they? Now just keep at it more, man, you have a terrific backlog of trucks to do, all sitting in more shoeboxes waaaaaaiiiiiiiiting. . And you must have finished getting the rest of the dahlias up by now.
                          Ivy

Comment

it's from a Original truck,not just a fantasymodel

best regards Thijs

Comment

the pile of kits and parts is stil growing,sadly,but just 5 weeks work,3 weeks holiday,so hope to do a lot in that time.
                              so i can make some money of them.

yesterday got some more dahlia's out and some other plants,more next weekend,i have already buckets full for the bin,so i have to spread it a little
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X