No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the introducing of this model (the model 2800 was already longer built) was in 1978 and was for the 50th aniversary of the DAF factory,and the extra's were mainly the chrome parts,airhorns and extra lights
    best regards Thijs

Comment

• Clipper
      Clipper commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah right, that makes complete sense, thank you.

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      it's also prevents that they come in the drive shaft,when driving with a truck only

• Clipper
      Clipper commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, that makes sense too.

Plenty of DAF truck photos here. But the only ones with the DAF placed centrally were the 2800 and something labelled OCV-Rit. So is that your model?
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

yes,the DAF word was Always in the middle,till the new 2800 came.
      the model i bought was the last one with it in the middle after that it stands on the drivers side (for us left hand drivers)
      from that it was called the 2800 second generation.after that the 3300 and the 3600,all the same cab.after those models came the 95 ,the 95 xf and the xf 105 , and the xf (without the 105,though Always mentioned),and now with the latest model the new xf (witch everyone called the 106 xf,but not by the factory) the word DAF is back in the middle.the XF stands for eXtra Forte. don't ask,but see it as extra space,extra power,
      more or less ,everthing is better and more

though there stands 3300 on the grille,the cab model is the same

the ocv-rit stands for Oldtimer Contactgroep Veluwe- Drive,a group of oldtimer fans

those images where taken at a tourdrive of the ocv
      best regards Thijs

Comment

I saw a DAF truck this morning with DAF on the left as you look at it from the front.
        Ivy

Comment

yes i know it too now.
          on a fb group there was also that discusion about it.
          but it is probalbly done by people on there own truck.they had never heard that the factory had done it like that.
          Last edited by janihudi; April 18th, 2015, 11:30.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

I should have taken notice of what company owned the truck, but didn't think that was relevant as I didn't dream they would be allowed to change something like that! Thanks for checking on it.
            If it is about a truck - ask Meneer Vink! He'll know!
            Ivy

Comment

you may change what ever you want,it's yours.
              but the factory will no give you the garanty when parts break,what was not place or is origanal brand parts.
              but moving parts like the daf sign,isn't a problem,it wouldend do any harm to the truck.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

If your model trucks get stuck, John Deer to the rescue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw6Ad_9O2Rg

Comment

Will you be able to get some catch-up work done on your models this week, Thijs? Let's have some progress, man. No car, no truck show, on holiday so you've got to have something with which to occupy yourself!
                  Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    truckshow again,rain again.

We're getting sunshine instead of rain this side of the puddle, but the wind is still so bitter. I'm fed up with it. Yes, I remember the rain spoiling things for you at last year's show. However, I asked about the models , a question you are carefully avoiding.
                  Ivy

Comment

i had a few models in my hand today,but not special enough to buy.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

So tomorrow you do some work on those you have, eh? I want to see how they are all getting on. You're very painstaking (nouwgezet?) with your work on the models and that is why I enjoy watching them develop.
                      Ivy

Comment

no probably not.
                        stil some gardning to do
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

went today to a minature supplier.it's there own brand (wsi) but the factory is in China.
                          bought there 2 sets to build a 5 axle truck of our company 1 for me,and 1 for the boss
                          .when i'm gooing to build it?
                          only heaven knows.
                          but it is the older model of a Volvo the FH3 while now htere is model FH4
                          so had to buy it qiuckly before there out of store.

i have now 2 of these sets,the model is a 5 axle tractor,while i need a 5 axle truck with a trailer.the trailers i don't have yet.
                          so i have to cut the chassis in 2 and make it longer.
                          it is also a tipper system and also a vertical loading system,so i need many more parts,but that can wait,it's the model that was inportant

this one it have to be

best regards Thijs

Comment

and some other parts i need for it,but need so much more that this

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X