No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, coc.ky, got it! Why didn't you say all that to start with? It was interesting. (Wretched man, makes these announcements and gives no clue as to what it is all about.)
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      didn't saw that.but nice to know that when you think of me,you think of a coc.ky person when there only stands ****y.
      how could i know that you wanted to know why the pistenbully hahaha

You should know better than to say "when you think of me you think of .....". I merely repeated your own words. The omission was pretty obvious, wasn't it, given the context!
    And of course, IF you had just happened to notice this past year or so that I have shown interest in your model building, as I am in anything creative that people do, then you would have known that mere announcements are not enough. I like to know more, the why's and wherefore's. So stop playing the "innocent".

Men !!!!!
    Ivy

Comment

did some decalwork today.
      mainly repair work on the white stripes of the green mercs
      but everything is on it now ,including the licence plate at the backside.

also placed decals on the inside of the windows

best regards Thijs

Comment

and the new decalmaker mailed me the samples for the menure truck

best regards Thijs

Comment

So when do we see the complete Mercs.? Photo-call, please, when they are ready.

Err-rr-rr.... I shall get it in the neck now, for daring to ask, but:
          a) in #461.1 and #462.2, that pair of raised wheels behind the cab, are they for extending the flatbed? And how is "cargo" like that loaded, anyway, by crane or by ramp up the back. I know you showed me about low loaders a long time ago, and I think that the base level remained at that level when ready to drive. I remember that I was questioning the clearance above road surface, and you assured me that it came within the specified level.
          b) is that the manure truck you were working on at the beginning of last year? I looked back to find it.
          c) will the new decals for it be of the colours in the samples?
          If he beats me up, Adrian, rescue me quickly, won't you?

By the way, I see you have done a crafty little edit in #465. Yeah, yeah......
          Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            So when do we see the complete Mercs.?
            Photo-call, please, when they are ready.
            within years,i think.

Err-rr-rr.... I shall get it in the neck now, for daring to ask, but:
            a) in #461.1 and #462.2, that pair of raised wheels behind the cab, are they for extending the flatbed? And how is "cargo" like that loaded, anyway, by crane or by ramp up the back. I know you showed me about low loaders a long time ago, and I think that the base level remained at that level when ready to drive. I remember that I was questioning the clearance above road surface, and you assured me that it came within the specified level.
            will come back with this in the weekend

b) is that the manure truck you were working on at the beginning of last year? I looked back to find it.
            could be,don't know when i ''speeded'' up with it

c) will the new decals for it be of the colours in the samples?
            no ,will be red,other wise i would ran out of red ink in the printer

If he beats me up, Adrian, rescue me quickly, won't you?
            euhh?

By the way, I see you have done a crafty little edit in #465. Yeah, yeah......
            yeah,otherwise we keep asking from what and where,so better tell the whole story.
            but was with the DAF,so didn't fit in the HC thread.hahahaha
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Mercs. You said everything was on it now, so I was looking forward to seeing the finished models.
              Your manure tank was at #365 but looking at it again just now it started Dec.'13, at #308 and showed how you were having problems with the right yellow for the tank. Looking at the December ones I saw the colours for the decals.
              No, the edit was about the coc.ky bit - you had filled in the whole word as I've just written it. I enjoyed that tale of your trip to Ulm, with the map, it just shows the sort of things that can happen in your job plus it was a coincidence that you passed Stuttgart, unaware that through a forum, one day you'd get to know someone living there .
              Ivy

Comment

weekend came early.

a truck arrive anywere where is a load with the bed in driving position.

to disconnect the neck, lower the bed hydrolic, disconnect the wires and hydrolic hoses

the bed is now on the floor
                best regards Thijs

Comment

when elctric wires and hydrolic hoses are diconnect and the pen is out,the truck drives away.

and lowerd the ramps. (don't know if this is done before disconecting,the lighter can be done by hand,the heavier ones probally by hydrolic)

best regards Thijs

Comment

drive the machine on the trailer bed,

top up the ramps and connect the neck again in the reverse way.

best regards Thijs

Comment

the hydrolic cilinders are here 4 platic tubes with iron pins.but they can keep the bed up.

but this is a toy,nice for starting a collection for boys,good looking models ,low price ,low enough to play with.
                      our boys here started with this kind of models too.they stickerd there names on them painted the lights and wheels and it looks already better.
                      the wheels on the neck are spare wheels,but here for decoration.

you see,no painted rear lights.

best regards Thijs

Comment

That was an excellent demonstration, Thijs. Thanks very much indeed.
                        I will try not to keep asking about things, I am a pest, I know. Sorry.
                        Ivy

Comment

you only can get smarter by asking things
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

the past weekend done some things like building the trailerchassis, spraypaint them and paint some parts and wheels of them.

sprayed the trailer hauls and sheets in the primer and the hauls white.
                            but if i don't do much with building, dust will be more and more at the attic.

i could spray teh green Mercedes cab in the varnish,but am afraid for the dust,so didn't do it yet.
                            thats goos,while i was spray the trailer hauls white,dust was there,and the ventilator was blowing al the time to the outside and the kitchen hood was sucking air and dust al the time.
                            so have some sanding to do .again
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

• Clipper
                              Clipper commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wow, those trailer chassis are impressive. Such a pity that much of the detail becomes hidden in a finished trailer.

• janihudi
                              janihudi commented
                              Editing a comment
                              this are very simple chassis,and this is all,just the back bumper issn't there yet.

today i was at the DAF fair,a lot of stuff , brochures , images , gifts and also models of the DAF cars and DAF trucks.
                            not complete cars or trucks or parts .
                            and offcorse i (and Wesley )came home with a model. (the same model)

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X