No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing happening in the model truck department. He's slacking AGAIN.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

it's not gooing hard,had a argue with my decal maker ,had some samples for the manure truck for decals.
      saterday there is a fair again,hoping that the man with the pistebullies is there,and argeuing further probally with the decal maker.

but how about this for a diorama

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/

or type ''Elgin park'' on you tube

best regards Thijs

Comment

Now, that Elgin Park is a pretty awesome project.

Read about it on a webpage recently, and was amazed!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hey Thijs, those dioramas were beautifully done. That is something that you could create with some of your trucks, they would be great. What about it? Or are you into pistebullies now?!
          What's the problem with the decal maker?
          Ivy

Comment

Hi all, I've not been here for a while and am pleased to see that the (Dutch) model scene is still very much alive.

Sorry to report zero progress on my Corgi models restoration. Trouble is the work is outside my experience and I would need to make a big investment in materials just to get started.

Hey Ivy, are you aware of the 1970s Crown Ducal design named "Norvic Citrus"? I keep an Ebay watch on it with a view to making up fruit bowl numbers at my mother's place. Anyway, the "Norvic" bit always makes me think of you. If you're in the market for a really nice dinner/tea service, there's one on Ebay right now - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231471140503. I wish needed it - the price is very attractive.

I hope that Wherry poster is looking good.
            ---------------------------
            Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
            Deck plan geek.

Comment

Hallo Clipper, what sort of work needs doing on your Corgi models? Does it mean having to locate various parts to replace broken ones, or would you need to actually make them yourself? When you say materials, are you speaking of tools, etc.? They can be expensive, but you may be able to improvise and find odd things around the house that may be useful. Paints can cost a lot, as I expect you'd have to have special ones, wouldn't you? But it would be good if you could manage one or two Corgi's.

The Dutch department hasn't done anything for ages, apart from arguing with his decal maker. I asked a question about the problem two whole days ago, but he hasn't answered.

I had a look at that service. It is quite pretty, but I like the cups best because they have the pattern inside as well as on the exterior. However, at £80 incl. pp. I don't think I'll be tempted. I have a tea service but all the rest of my china is made up of a hotpotch of my mother's and bits and pieces I have acquired over the years. There is a very attractive tea-shop in the town which opened last year in what was originally the Midland Bank. They have done nothing to the structure of the building except remove the counter, but have redecorated it beautifully, and the old bank manager's office is available for private parties! It is in a prime spot, bang in the market place and proving popular, but it has one striking thing about it. When you enter for the first time it all looks very chintzy, carefully laid tables covered with double cloths, but then you gradually realise that not one piece of the china matches. Pretty dainty little teacups, saucers and plates, but each is of a different pattern. You'd have a hard time trying to find two chairs the same, too. I love it! So the inside of my cupboards are rather like that, every piece different apart from the tea and supper plates!

So the Norvic bit makes you think of me, does it? I'm not sure how to account for that!?
              And the Wherry chart does very well, Clipper. If anyone calls I launch into the history of the wherry and the story of how the chart came to be on the stair door. It looks good and I'm very happy with it.
              I'm horribly OT, I know, but never mind........ just this once!
              Ivy

Comment

Ivy,

I understand "Norvic" to be the adjective derived from "Norfolk". If you Google "Norvic", you'll find things like the Norvic Clinic, and Norvic Fencing.

The Corgi models are the ones discussed at #403 et seq. I need paint stripper, primer, various colours, brushes and some sort of painting booth. For me the job is not trivial. I'm not sure it will ever get done.

Your tea-room sounds cool. Next time I'm over your way ...
                ---------------------------
                Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                Deck plan geek.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper View Post
                  Ivy,
                  I understand "Norvic" to be the adjective derived from "Norfolk". If you Google "Norvic", you'll find things like the Norvic Clinic, and Norvic Fencing.
                  Yes, but oh, Clipper! You have committed a fearful error in the association. I live in Suffolk, and I'm not sure that I should ever forgive you. It just won't do.

The Corgi models are the ones discussed at #403 et seq. I need paint stripper, primer, various colours, brushes and some sort of painting booth. For me the job is not trivial. I'm not sure it will ever get done.
                  Yes, sorry, I should have looked back. But looking again at the pictures you posted, and at the one of the set you found on the net, it would be so worth doing. And as Thijs said, they are from your childhood, so precious.

Your tea-room sounds cool. Next time I'm over your way ...
                  OK, you're on. And you can choose the table with the cup you like best!
                  Ivy

Comment

• Clipper
                    Clipper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry Ivy, I got my Norfolk and Suffolk muddled. It's all very confusing for someone from Berkshire and for some daft reason I thought you were in Norfolk.

he had send me decals which warn't right.
                  and complained about it that i had made a mes of ordering them.
                  i told hem it was just for looking how to made it and what i needed.
                  but how could he make them when he didn't have the cab sizes.
                  so it became arguing about it why he was making decals already.
                  and other decals he made which wern't right.
                  but todat there was the modelfair again,and he had made them now not al right but that i can handle and he had 2 trailers for me which i need for the mistake i made.
                  http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...793#post168793

and those are kits,so blance and not build yet.

best regards Thijs

Comment

i got 2 of them,and when the time is there,seeif i can dismantle them,they have to placed on a 40ft flatbed container.
                    it will be hard i think.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

on facebook i'm friended with a captain on a seavessel but also a truckmodel collector.
                      and he was churging for a DAF model with a lowbed trailer from the brand JOAL.
                      on a kind of ebay i had found one,and after he fair i had picked that model up too.
                      the dozer don't belong to it originally ,but was sold as1 model.

best regards Thijs

Comment

a set what originally never can be seen,the dozer is to heavy (39,2 ton) for the truck,but joal is more a toy than a collectors brand
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

btw i'm more buying stuff than that there is build the last times.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Umm-umm-um! So is one bulldozer for your model friend and one for you? Can you rephrase the last post, Thijs, I'm not sure what you mean - apart from the fact that you're enjoying yourself spending loads of money.
                            Come to think of it, I've just been wondering why you have to get it on to a flatbed? Do you mean take it off the caterpillars? And why must it go on a flatbed, whatever that is for? The whole point of the thing is being on caterpillar tracks. I'm befuddled. Hee-eee-lp.
                            Ivy

Comment

the white truck with lowbed trailer including the bulldozer is for the captain.
                              the 2 pistenbullies are for myself.
                              i'm planning to use the ''highway cruiser'' for a model with my 4 axle chassis and as load the 40ft flatbed container loaded with the pistenbully.
                              1 for me and 1 for my boss.,thatswhy i bought 2.
                              have now 2 trucks ,chassis,flatbeds,pistenbullies,the only thing is missing 2 times the time.

a few years back i had pick up a empty 40ft open top container on a wednesday.
                              when i had it and call my boss for the container nummer i had he told me ,go home start driving tomorrowmorning around 10am so that i could load Friday morning at 6 am.
                              eehhhhhh?so i said thats issnt'a Ruhr aeria trip.
                              no ,it is south of Ulm (Germany)
                              this was late december,because the next week Christams was on theusday and wednesday (don't know anymore which year)
                              coc.ky as i am ,i started thursday morning at 6 am ,so that i would be early there.

drove to the border (1),filled the tank there clean the mirros and windows take a coffee and drove into Germany,
                              and 1 or 1,5 hour later stock in a trafficjam (2).a car crashed ,so they closed the highway.thats take 1 hour,so i got my 1 hour break and could start again for 4,5 hours of driving.
                              had no more trafficjams in that time so went very wel,after 4,5 hours i had passed Stuttgart (3)(if i knew Ralf that time,i had ring him and paused before Stuttgart)
                              take another coffee at the tank/service staion (which was in my days shorter at stuttgart) and drove further and make a second stop at another station (4) (at the ''aichelberg'' worldfamous for truckdrivers,i had driven the old ,a steep and curvy highway up and down seperated (the pink ring) by a mountain and the new route with tunnels through the mountain) to look in the road mape in the shop where i had to go.

easy peasy,take exict there strait over the roundabout and of the road the factory,no need to buy the map.
                              start again drove overthe ''aichelberg tracee'' to Ulm,take the road through Ulm ,to the road to Laupheim (5),take the exit and was there around 6pm

and parked the truck at Arrow 1 for the night
                              in the night arrived another dutch truck with a 20ft flatbed.
                              and we report us Friday morning for loading.
                              he would be loading the macine on the flatbed ,while i would loading al the other equipment for the bully.
                              like the catterpillars,the dozerblade,the resceucap (a closed brancard) the crane,the back snow cutter etcetcetc.
                              drove to the loading place at Arrow 2 they opend the topside with the crane and start loading.
                              the other driver got loaded the machine itself messure the hight and came out at 4,17 meters.
                              he wouldend drive with it (max 4meter) and laughed when he said, ''i early home this Friday'',and drove away after discharging again.
                              i drove away around 12am take the same way back to Rotterdam and changed the containers at the coast terminal.standing stil there 12pm.

the next year i saw that driver again,he wassn't that happy that weekend.
                              when he came back in Rotterdam he changed his flatbed for another one with a thinner bed/floor,went sunday night back to Laupheim loaded the machine monday drove back as fast he could,because the container had to be deliverd at the terminal before Christmas.
                              guess who laught a last and as hardest??

and that dear Ivy is why i wanted a pistenbully as load.
                              and yes i know it is not the same as the story,but the most models i build and the tsi models are Always with containers,with the flatbed i got a some other model.
                              an expencive model for sure

truckmodel 38e
                              chassis 98e (which of i dont use the truck or containers)
                              flatbed 36e
                              pistenbully 25e
                              and thats without the decals and all the other stuff that i need for making it the ''highway cruiser'',
                              wich btw didn't even drove then,it was my former DAF that i drove that time

Last edited by janihudi; February 15th, 2015, 12:07.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

• janihudi
                                janihudi commented
                                Editing a comment
                                could be so Ombugge,and as maybe the best known one, every other brand piste vehicle is called now pistenbully .
                                the factory is Kassbohrer ,they also make trailers ,chassis (for containertransport and busses,not in Laupheim though

• Clipper
                                Clipper commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thijs, thank you for your kind reply.

Interesting to note that there is a "Photo Contest 2015" on the PistenBully web site

http://www.pistenbully.com/usa/en/pi...test-2015.html

Maybe the competition could be won with a nice diorama of a disassembled PistenBully on a low loader.

• janihudi
                                janihudi commented
                                Editing a comment
                                o boy,now you have gave me an idea.
                                but will probally for the contest in 2018 or 2019,
                                with my building speed
                            Working...
                            X