Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    a Renault Magnum ,a manure truck,i bought a model of it i the komatsu livery,wesley take the trailer and i used the truck for the rebuild.
    already stripped here but with the yellow paint stil on the model.
    this is the same model as that i used for the manure truck.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
      meanwhile also the 3 red DAF cab's coverd with paper to spray the underpart of the cab dark red
      I guess that much of the skill lies in the masking and knowing in what order to apply the colours.
      ---------------------------
      Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
      Deck plan geek.

Comment

Did you use the wrong yellow for the cab by mistake, or as an undercoat, Thijs?
        Yes, Clipper, those cabs are very neatly parceled up to mask them, aren't they!
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper View Post

I guess that much of the skill lies in the masking and knowing in what order to apply the colours.
          yes ,you start painting with the lightest color and go to darker colors.
          those are easy cabs,totally light red,mask everything that have to stay lightred ans spray the lower part with dark red and also the bumper part and the step part.

but a lot of time goes in,the al the cabs wil look the same,so that the line on every can is the same.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          Did you use the wrong yellow for the cab by mistake, or as an undercoat, Thijs?
          not by mistake ,but on purpose.
          the can i got of Kasteel Meeuwen wassn't a full one, it are small models so a lot of paint is passing the model.
          so using the wrong color (wich i have 2 cans of ,for a other model i made) i got me a right spray can yellow saving undercoat.

now is this not the hardest color to spray as in a opaque layer???? red is by far the worst color.
          but you can't get a colored primer in a can,besides white,brown ,grey,so when i have to do bad colors i spray them with primer and even stil wet,a thin layer of the color,so i got me a kind of colored primer.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

have sprayed them now several times,and removed the masking paper,but red is a awefull color to spray,you keep seeing those lightred on the cab lines.

best regards Thijs

Comment

inclusive the bumper parts.

and this is what they would gonna look like.

best regards Thijs

Comment

also painted the Renault cab in the right yellow color,bad kind of paint anyway,orangeapplepeel paint.
                now al i have to do ,is spray the tank yellow,go to the firm for messuring the red lines and what color red it is.

best regards Thijs

Comment

It's difficult to see in the photo of the actual Brinor truck which is light and which is dark red. It seems to be darker on the roof section, then on the side it seems lighter down to the white line, then mainly darker below.
                  You're whizzing along with it now. At this rate you'll be able to start on the Western Star soon,
                  Ivy

Comment

here between the white and yellow line Ivy

best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, I saw that and also the difficulty with the pattern of ridges in the lower part of the first cab at #350.2, which seem to be lighter. I thought that perhaps the dark red paint was not thick enought to hold but kept draining off the metal ridges. But it may just be a trick of the light catching them.
                      But in #353 I was talking about the whole side of the cab in the photo of the actual truck. Again, maybe it's the light, but it seemed as if the roof section of the side of the cab was darker than the section below down to the white line.
                      But you know the real truck and you have your models in front of you! It's probably all just the way the lighting falls, so that in the photos it looks different.
                      Ivy

Comment

did some work again today

i had painted the light reflectors chromesilver ,but remember me that i had aluminumtape,so here the left the painted light,right the alutape light.
                        see the difference.

also placed the big piece of the catwalk.

best regards Thijs

Comment

also made the interieur some better,sharper lines on the chairs and dashboard.

best regards Thijs

Comment

the Original truck didn't have a mirror on the backwal of the cab with the Renault logo,but it is what you can see oftern here in Europe.
                            so every artist have some artistic freedoms,in this case i made a mirror here.

also painted the rear lights of the truck,and placed the mudflaps.

this is what i had done at the truck for today
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

the work at the slurry tank,was some little paintwork.
                              like the licenceplate light.

and the controlecloset and valves

and dead man's button?????
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

start painting at the rearbumper,chromesilver for the lights,and also to give some pipes that galvanized look,and the cotourlights black,the rubber then,there lights also chromesilver

and painted the automatic grease system.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X