No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got a great deal of fiddly work done, Thijs. And I'm glad the decal maker is doing things for you again, that will save a lot of worry.
    What's this about a bike drive and bike protection. Bike???
    Which is the "crocodile mouth" in your photo, and where does it go?
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      What's this about a bike drive and bike protection. Bike???
      bicycle protection guard.don't now what name you use for it,but we normaly call them bicycle catchers.

green is the complete '' bicycle catcher''
      pink are the verticle holders which i have painted chrome silver and sprayed bleu.
      orange are the headpieces also painted chrome silver,to make a round headpiece. (protection)

best regards Thijs

Comment

little ''helping hands'' which you can clamp little parts in for painting or glueing or what so ever where your fingers are to fat for.

yesterday eve i sprayed every thing what was sprayed in the primer,so every thing what is now yellow,green and bleu.
        also painted parts satin black of the Renault Magnum.
        and in the middle the chrome silver painted little parts of the bicycle protion guard.

best regards Thijs

Comment

"crocodile mouth" = "crocodile clip" or "croc clip"

---------------------------
          Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
          Deck plan geek.

Comment

he yes,i could mane them clip aswel,but we cal them here ''krokodillenbek'' ,translater says ''crocodile mouth'',so just take that over.
            but as you also can see,not much ''crocodile mouth '' here anymore,have to throw them in the paint remover.
            these clips came also with a magnifying glass at it,but because i used them most for spraying i take those off.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

• Clipper
              Clipper commented
              Editing a comment
              Thijs, I know these Helping Hands. I bought some for my father over 20 years ago, and recently found them when going through his belongings.

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              they're great,i got 10 of those,1 with 3 on it,1 with 4 and 2 single ones,makes 29 clips.
              and still to short sometimes,but then i took some of Henny's clothes pegs of the line and use those,
              and after that i bought me iron pegs,those are better.
              but those pegs are just handy for paintwork,not for spray paint.

Clipper, crocodile clips - of course, stupid of me. (I wonder what colour poor Henny's clothes pegs ended up? )
            Thanks for the bicycle catcher details, Thijs. Going to start on a model Mammoet Western Star soon, aren't you?
            Ivy

Comment

matching colors.

in the purple lines the chassis mounting,because you cant place the verticle holders on a container (because they changes) it had to be mounted at the chassis.
              just 2 simple holders stripsover the chassiswith forks at the end, that hold the verticale holders.

in the green circles the verticle holders,silver and bleu for those chassis bleu for the bleu chassis,silver (aluminium look) for the green chassis.
              the black ones,are for a normal box trailer,but came from the grab boxes of tekno ,but as a sample how the aluminum horizontal strips, the actual bicycle catcher are placed on the holders.

in the red circle the front piece,push them at the front of the alu strips,and closed the open sharp ends,so that you can't cut someone open.

but these are just short catchers,like these (back yo quote) ,but these are at a chassis what have the looks that you cam make it look longer or shorter,at box trailers the runs about the landing legs.

for those who follow my posts,can maybe remember that i told about a accident that i had with a cyclist when i made a right turn,she drove against my traction axle and fell,and run over by me with the trailer.i wont say that it would have happend (at that time there was no protection for it) but when she fall,she was maybe pushed away by the bicycle catcher.
              what if i was further into the corner,she probally run against the bicycle protection and pushed away through it,and i wouldl never run over her.
              but this is al after after talk
              Last edited by janihudi; December 31st, 2013, 14:52.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

yesterday drilled the 5 holes for the airhorns ,the antenne and the orange lights,not here at the image(also not visable), but now also filled the 2 holes of the removed roof spoiler.

Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2014, 12:53.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

also yesterday sprayed a lot parts yellow for the slurry tank

also are the bumpers white now and already painted the lights chrome/silver, so can paint them as ''hamburger'' lights,.
                    horizontal lines with red,orange,red.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, just emailed you about the problem. Check it out.
                      Ivy

Comment

I think I get it all right about the construction of the bike protection assembly. Thanks for the explanations. My goodness, you've got some patience.
                        Yes, I remember you mentioning about the cyclist, but I have never asked you about it because I didn't wish to bring back painful memories.
                        Ivy

Comment

(I wonder what colour poor Henny's clothes pegs ended up? )
                          at this moment most of them are bleu.with the iron pegs at the right box.

the cab of the Renault sprayed in the primer

best regards Thijs

Comment

and sprayed in the wrong yellow.
                            on the lower part i painted the foglights,but maybe that i wil drill holes in it,and place pieces of glass

also painted the interieur of the cab dark grey dashboard and floor parts.light grey the seats and back wal and bed is inviting you with a bleu sleepingbag.
                            (the passinger seat need some extra work,very thin paint)

best regards Thijs

Comment

meanwhile also the 3 red DAF cab's coverd with paper to spray the underpart of the cab dark red

they belong for the model with the troubble trailers of ''brinor''
                              Last edited by janihudi; December 31st, 2013, 23:01.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X