No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    That's quite a toe-in on the rear wheels in #238.2, isn't it? I haven't noticed that in the other models. Or are they just still a bit loose?.
    the little pins for the rims didn't go easy in the rims,so i have dril them a little out,but even that little was to much,but when it stand it's gone.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "but maybe there is some sunshine behind the clouds,there is a new type of printer that print white,and that is the point that not many people can make decals.".
    the dutch saying is achter de wolken schijnt de zon. ''behind the clouds is the sunshine,what is more or less ,even when things are negative,there wil come some positive things.we can also say here ''na regen komt zonneschijn'' ,after the rain ,wil come sunshine,what is the same kind of thoughts.

Might you get such a printer yourself and make your own decals? I've often wondered why you didn't do it, although I know it would be just one more thing to do and your time is limited. Anyway, it's a good thing that your chappie is at least going to make them for your present models .
    wel,l it is the type of printers they made decals with are not longer produced,spare parts are long ''not availeble'' the inkt tape's almost gone.
    and oki wouldn't make new series of them.

now oki made a new type of printer,but costs more than 2.000,00 euro,but you can also lease them for 89,oo a month.
    you see,behind the clouds comes the sun.

but the main problem is you have to draw al the name's, advertising and etcetcetc on the truck out in the computer to make circles real circles.
    so you have to zoom in a picture very far and make the lines perfect.
    no need to say that takes a lot of time,and for the few models i build way to expencive.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, I was quite happy about "some sunshine behind the clouds", though I'm glad you gave me the Dutch expression. In English we usually say "Every cloud has a silver lining" but your version was quite clear, Thijs. But what I meant was that your "sunshine" might mean that you had a solution to the problem and I was not clear as to what that was. However, now you explain about the leasing of a printer, so I understand.
      Thijs, this is surely a big problem for you when making future models? Apart from the expense of renting a printer, drawing all those different designs on the computer would certainly take time. There must be some designer software that would do it for you easily, but there again that means money, and the software would have much in it that you would never want to use.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

You know, I must be learning something from watching you construct these models, apart from the skill, determination and dexterity (new word for you!) that you possess. I often sneak a look at trucks as they sweep by, but today there was a chance to study one at close quarters and while it was slowly moving.
        Just up the road from me there is a woodyard which frequently receives loads of wood and pallets. The road is of normal width but is packed with parked cars. They are so spaced in small lengths on alternate sides of the road which means that traffic can only really proceed down the middle. Added to which there is a bend part way up which results in you driving blind no matter which way you are going.
        I met a bus head-on a while ago, slammed on the brakes hoping nothing was driving up my exhaust and, although I had right of way just there, the bus steadily kept pushing on, using its weight, like these truckies. Glaring at the driver I had to edge up on to the pavement! All this is just to show what a tricky road it is. Today a Bartrum's truck with a very long trailer had been delivering at the woodyard and the poor driver was cautiously backing out while a chappie held up the traffic. The side of the road he was backing on to was clear except for one parked car. Yes, right opposite the woodyard entrance. So while he was busy avoiding a jack-knife I studied all the underside, and remembering your explanations of what was what in your models knew which "box" was which. I even found the ad-bleu one! Felt quite chuffed.
        We have a saying: "little things please little minds."
        Last edited by wherrygirl; February 21st, 2013, 17:32.
        Ivy

Comment

wel wel,you have learn something from me,a few months like this and you can do your exame for your truckie license
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Yeh, and I know which end the engine is, too.
            Ivy

Comment

i had try place some aluminium foil on the exhaust to gave it the chrome look,not completly satisfeyed but for a try it's better than silverchrome paint.
              i have done this on a extra exhaust,so i have to spend some more time on the good ones.speccially how it is foiled around the volvo name

best regards Thijs

Comment

and placed the decals on the front and backside on the trailers of the models of a former boss of me.(long time ago,my first company as i driver started in 1985)

front side

back side

best regards Thijs

Comment

i had try place some aluminium foil on the exhaust to gave it the chrome look,not completly satisfeyed but for a try it's better than silverchrome paint.
                  The foil looks good, it must be very tricky smoothing it round the word "Volvo" and the indentations. You have plenty of patience. Why was the silverchrome paint not so good, Thijs?
                  Decals look smart, too.
                  Ivy

Comment

today placed the foils over the silencer,and that i see now,on the right silencers the word ''volvo'' was even smaller,so harder to make it readeble.
                    and hard to read,it looks better than with the paint over it,although i would have sprayed a lighter kind of chrome paint over it.

best regards Thijs

Comment

and then it look like this.

which comes close to the original,but the tank is to short,so a little space between stays,but it looks better then with the airtanks

best regards Thijs

Comment

Coming on beautifully, Thijs.
                        Ivy

Comment

today i drill some holes on top of the volvo cabs for toplights and airhorns,the others are done by chines factories.

and al sprayed it with white primer,together with a lot of other parts that have to come white.

also saw a part of the exhaust silencers ,they are rond,but with the bigger tank (a to big tank) i had to cut of the topside of the silentsers,otherwise it would almost lay on the ground.

best regards Thijs

Comment

looks better this way.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Your workmanship is awesome, Thijs!
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

thanks J-O,dooing my best.

sprayed the volvo cabs and bumpers of them.

a little ''dry fit'' ,this is how iy gonna look.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X