No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model vehicle collectors out there?

the model brand WSI dont place antenna's on there models,just a dot.

i wanted antenna's on them as it original is.
    sadly i can't get mercedes antenna's,so place there antenna's of a scania on them,which are to long,so have to cut them.

in the circle's the 2 dots what pretents to be antenna's.

after grinding the dots away,drilling holes for the antenna's.

Last edited by janihudi; January 27th, 2013, 16:56.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

and then it looks like this,the most right one had a 1 cut antenna,this is the lenght they al get.

the driver had placed chrome wheelcovers in the traction wheels,there are no model covers for those rims,so the nearest way is placeing chrome rims.

on the 2 steeringaxles are also chrome wheelcovers,but i'll wait till last,sometimes the glue is making parts white through the chemical reaction.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

You're extremely clever Thijs!! I'm not at all I could actually see the parts you're creating, let alone do anything with them!!

The finished article is beautiful, the care and craftsmanship shine through.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

thanks Mark,but things are getting worst now my decalmaker is making less decals for others now his printer live is almost done
          best regards Thijs

Comment

this is how the volvo (not the one that was driven to scrap in germany ) looks with tank and exhaust .

WSI deliver 3 kind of exhausts in a set,but the one that is most used,they made it as 1 piece with the ad-bleu tank and lose airtanks that have to be gleued ad it.
            so you get this.

the right exhaust,with the to smal ad-bleu tank.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

the right exhaust they make with a separate ad-bleu tank,and the left one ,which is the most used they make it as 1 piece

so with the help of a grinder,it looks like this

best regards Thijs

Comment

and as you can see it's still issn't right,but i'm not lengting the tanks,but it's looks better and coms closer to the originel than the kit

meanwhile spray painted the parts for the merc green and the grilles grey ,
                still have to spray some parts green and check if everything wel sprayed or that had collecting dust,
                then i have to remove the paint of that part and start over again.
                (on 1 roof spoiler i saw already some dust)

start drying merc parts.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Mmmm-mm-m, got to sort that lot out after supper so that I can see what's what. Although it's not exactly what you wanted, you sound fairly pleased with what you've achieved, Thijs.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

You've had to do a lot of fiddling about to get the result you wanted, Thijs. But it's good now, the length of the tank isn't so bad and a little extra space at the right, but certainly it is as near perfect as you can get it and almost identical to the original in #230. It looks great, well done. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
                    You know, when you showed Ralf and I all those models in the case two years ago, I little realised the painstaking work and infinite patience that it took to make them!
                    Ivy

Comment

just babysteps,but gooing further
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Yeh, big baby!
                        Ivy

Comment

No ditje, not a datje in sight, and what about these models - its time they were shown in their finished state.
                          Ivy

Comment

baby steps ivy.
                            went yesterday to the fair again to pick up some decals and talk with my decalmaker that he wants to stop making them for others.
                            (btw the models of the ss ''france'' and the ss 'normandie'' ware still for sale for 400,00 euro a piece) he want to safe his printer for his own models.but he shall make the decals i need for most of the models what i'm building at this moment.
                            but maybe there is some sunshine behind the clouds,there is a new type of printer that print white,and that is the point that not many people can make decals.

today i made the 2 volvo chassis almost ready,placed 3 tanks on each model,muted the engine and mudscreens,sprayed the catwalk with clear varnish and place the reck for the lightcables and airhoses.
                            exhaust i have to make it chrome look and have to grind a part of it away,thanks to the big tanks i have placed now.

best regards Thijs

Comment

now i have placed a bigger tank, the end exhaust don't fit anymore,so i have to grind the top part away,so that i come closer and higher to the tank

best regards Thijs

Comment

They are certainly coming on now, Thijs. Soon be done, eh?
                                That's quite a toe-in on the rear wheels in #238.2, isn't it? I haven't noticed that in the other models. Or are they just still a bit loose? #239's done some mileage already, look at the state of those tyres.
                                I don't quite understand what you mean by "but maybe there is some sunshine behind the clouds,there is a new type of printer that print white,and that is the point that not many people can make decals." Might you get such a printer yourself and make your own decals? I've often wondered why you didn't do it, although I know it would be just one more thing to do and your time is limited. Anyway, it's a good thing that your chappie is at least going to make them for your present models.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X