No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model vehicle collectors out there?

the old closet where i spray the paint in,with a cooker hood at the back,for the spray suction.

and is also a storage place

every color you want,i'm not Henry Ford.

almost 3 oranges boxes full

best regards Thijs

Comment

but the first day of christmas i sprayed the chassis.

and the back side of the rims and there axles.

today the containers,which all 5 are Hapag LLoyd orange

best regards Thijs

Comment

and the front side of the rims,the green chassis get the red rims,the bleu chassis silver grey

and also sprayed the diesel tanks and the exhausts of the merc.

for the volvo i need to order, new bigger tanks
        best regards Thijs

Comment

i always use old shoe boxes for storage,or for transport to the customer when it's finished,the lid is also easy for place tiny things,so that they wont rol away on the floor.
          and all the boxes i need for the models i'm working at this moment.
          not to forget that every where are other boxes which i want to build.(about 15 to 20,even now i open boxes and see a model of a truck and don't even know anymore in which livery or what kind of model i want to use it for.

best regards Thijs

Comment

A very comprehensive set-up you have there, Thijs, I had a good look round. But green chassis with red rims????? Oh no..... surely not. I saw my Morris Minor in Norwich just a year or two after I had sold it in 1980, and going up to the owner I had a brief chat about "my" dear little old car. She said I was lucky to have seen it, for she was moving down to Tunbridge Wells in Kent the very next day. I was sorry to see that the carpets had gone and - horror of horrors - it had been given a stringing of red around the bottom of the doors and somewhere on the front, I forget exactly where, maybe on the panel surrounding the radiator grill. It completely spoilt it!
            And, what is that TV doing perched high up there? Eh? "Yes, Henny, I've been so hard at work painting all my trucks. Supper ready? Well, I don't think I have time." Meaning: programme not ended yet.
            Last edited by wherrygirl; December 28th, 2012, 20:30.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              But green chassis with red rims????? Oh no..... surely not.
              well that's the firms livery.

we al hate it when they do a ''make over'' of our beloved cars,but it's there car now,we can't do anything about it.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Must admit that seeing the above photo - well, it doesn't look so bad after all. Quite attractive, in fact.
                But what I wanted to add to my previous post was that I'm really impressed by your use of the cooker hood in the spraying cabinet. What a great idea.
                Ivy

Comment

well it's not even my idea,and this was just a test case,but leave like this.
                  it's not the best way,better was 2 cooker hoods at the side.
                  now i''m spraying right in the hood,so i place peaces of paper in front,the hood sucks it against it.
                  if they stand on the side,they stays cleaner,but then i had also had to made 2 pipes to go out.

i hardly look at the tv,most the radio is on,specialy now between christmas and 24.00 at 2012-12-31 ,the top 2000.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

I'm impressed with the whole set-up. A little mini factory. Paint spray booth. Special clamps for holding the parts. And, is that a turntable in the paint booth so you can easily turn the parts to paint all sides?

Comment

yes that is a turntable,have it for years,the layer of paint is now about 1/1.5 mm.
                      in the beginnen is was a cheap michael jackson,living in a plastic tent,but only when i was sparying.
                      i let down a big plastic sail that closed the attic from the rest of where i was spraying,and a fan to the roofwindow.
                      but there were always holes where the spray fumes went through,so that wassn't a succes.
                      untill i saw at my decal maker set up a cooker hood,so i made mine one too,
                      the problem now is, it sucks the dust to my models aswel.
                      in rainy days it's also the place there the washed clothing hang to dry,so always dust there.
                      so if i gonna spray, i let the hood run for some time,without the paper for the hood,hopeing that the most of the dust is away.

lots of clambs,but always in shortage of it,so i got extra helping hands of clothespins??????.(if this said nothing to you,say it and i make an image,but this came out the translater)
                      Last edited by janihudi; December 30th, 2012, 11:15.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

You really go to a lot of trouble to get the right conditions for your work. No wonder the models look so good. In good weather, do you ever do any spraying outside? Though I suppose you'd have to put them back indoors to dry, for fear of insects etc. getting stuck on them.
                        (clothes pegs)
                        Ivy

Comment

no,always inside,just dragging around with models is hopeless.
                          or it fall of collecting dust or bugs.
                          somewhere left in the junk i have a lot of plastic cases with lids,so cabs and other fresh sprayed parts go in there,but containers are to big.

so they are clothes pegs,well i will not use that word much,so it will probally end in the row as ''sintext''.
                          Last edited by janihudi; December 30th, 2012, 16:46.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

not that there is much space in the closet,but its goes.

so its a layer of plastic primer and 2 or 3 or 4 layers of colorpaint.
                            and a few minutes later you have a lot of grey mudscreens for a merc

and offcourse ,always wear protection

best regards Thijs

Comment

Another thing I noticed, Thijs, was that despite the masses and masses of stuff you have there, whether storage or laid out, it is all well ordered and clean. Well, you may have smartened it up for the photo session, yet I think it is probably always like that. You will always be able to quickly put your hand on whatever you need.
                              Ivy

Comment

not always Ivy,i thought i had painted rims and when i was gooing further, i was in doubt if i had paint those or not,neverteless never found them back.
                                so painted rims red,months later i found a box with the exact amount of rims that i needed.
                                just the same as there are kits wich i don't know anymore for what i want to use that kit.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X