No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model vehicle collectors out there?

if it's right you found,ad-bleu is a liquid that is sprayed in the exhaust to clean the exhaustsmoke for cleaner smoke.
    the name of clean (Truck) engines is Euro and is scaled in 1,2,3,4 and 4 is already done,the now new build trucks are euro 5 and the newest trucks are euro 6
    1 to 3 issn't build anymore,the ''highway cruiser '' is euro 4.

those reaction bars prevents the axles to tilt
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
      1 to 3 issn't build anymore,the ''highway cruiser '' is euro 4.
      Time your boss upgraded, then!
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

sorry my mistake,the ''HC'' is euro 5

1 to 4 arn't build anymore
        best regards Thijs

Comment

So you won't need to reproduce your beautiful logo yet.
          Ivy

Comment

after the 3 merc's i started at the 2 volvo's.

whay came out of the box

and what you need for the first assembly.

and where is what mounted.

best regards Thijs

Comment

and sfter the 2 volvo's came 8 daf twin steer models

all out the box

and what i need from it

best regards Thijs

Comment

however on 6 models i have to made a modification at the chassis.
                the real and fantasy truck have/wont a ''danish'' bumper at the rear

so i have to grind the last crossbar and the 2 ends of the stringer?????

top chassis,the original

below chassis,the modificated.

and then it wil look like this

best regards Thijs

Comment

and after a few hours of builing you have this

3 merc's + 2 volvo's + 8 daf's =13 chassis

best regards Thijs

Comment

I had a quick peep at these soon after you posted them and was surprised at how much you've done already, Thijs. I want to come back and study the parts and your "before and after" illustrations with everthing labelled, you have done it with such care. But it will probably be tomorrow, as tonight we have our Bunga.y Society supper and as I'm doing the raffle I've been busy getting things ready for that. It's pelting down, the forecast said it will do so all day, so everything and everybody will get soaked. I hate "do's" anyway. Isn't life fun. Roll on New Year.
                    Ivy

Comment

Amazing work Thijs. It looks like you have a factory assembly line going.

Comment

#172-3 OK.
                        I think I understand the Volvo from your photos - but there is a part between nos. 11 and 5b which is not numbered and I cannot see it on the chassis. In #157 there is a similar part at no. 26, which you label as the frame connecting the truck and trailer. Would that be it in the Volvo? If so, maybe you haven't yet attached it, as there is no trailer yet.
                        I suppose a Danish bumper is so-called because the Danes manufactured it first!? Either way, is there an advantage other than the facility to attach multiple lights? And room for stickers .
                        Many thanks for all the displays. If the buyers of your models watched as you worked, I can't see how they can carp (bedillen?) at the price!
                        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                          I think I understand the Volvo from your photos - but there is a part between nos. 11 and 5b which is not numbered and I cannot see it on the chassis. In #157 there is a similar part at no. 26, which you label as the frame connecting the truck and trailer. Would that be it in the Volvo? !
                          yes it's the same supply as on the merc,but then for a volvo,every brand or even type of a truck make there own model.

here is the volvo and differend as the one in the kit

this is from the merc ,and alsodifferend from the kit.

If so, maybe you haven't yet attached it, as there is no trailer yet.!
                          it wil be always at the tractor it's also a tractor thing,you won't see it on a lorry. but from here come's the light cables and the air supply hoses for the trailer from
                          the reason that i didn't placed it ,is that it wil be stand there alone with only 2 little points as connection (besides the glue) so when i still have to work at the chassis i can push/broke them from the chassis.

I suppose a Danish bumper is so-called because the Danes manufactured it first!? Either way, is there an advantage other than the facility to attach multiple lights? And room for stickers
                          just for closing the back of the chassis,so it will be a clear sight of the truck,and also you can place a big rubber mudflap on it.but yes you get also a lot of place for extra lights.

Many thanks for all the displays. If the buyers of your models watched as you worked, I can't see how they can carp (bedillen?) at the price!
                          because they see the prices of the model factories and that are alot less then my prices,but mine time and hands are more expencive then chinese hands.
                          i have to spray every cab seperate with paint,the have a standard for cabs that can handle hundred or more cabs and they are sprayed in a few minutes,they also make a truck from a company .while i made trucks from the drivers self,including name plates behind the windowscreen.and i don't build them at costprices,i want be payed for the time aswel,i made costs for it too
                          Last edited by janihudi; December 22nd, 2012, 22:00.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Thanks very much for your answers and the illustrations. You must have a whole library of photos of sections of trucks with all the variations according to the make!
                            while i made trucks from the drivers self,including name plates behind the windowscreen.and i don't build them at costprices,i want be payed for the time aswel,i made costs for it too
                            I should think so too, they're getting a detailed, personalised model for their money. So long as the orders keep coming, Thijs, and they obviously prefer your models to the factory made ones.
                            Ivy

Comment

what i forgot, ''bedillen'' is bedingen.

they always ask how much the model will cost,i always tell them;i don't know.
                              i have to surch al the parts,what paint,and i don't even know how much the decals (watertransfers) will cost,because i dont make them,i have to buy them.

so i made the bill when the model is ready.

so they want to carp a price for the model,which i wont give ,because it wil always cost me money.

they sometimes try to haggle (afdingen) ,but they never succeed in that.

so ''bedingen'' is making a price in advence
                              and ''afdingen'' is trying to get it sheaper as the price is
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

No, from what you say, "bedingen" doesn't seem to do.
                                Google's translation for "carp" was nonsense. So I looked up "carp" in my old dictionary and it gave bedillen. Carp means to make a fuss about something because you don't agree with it, you object to what is being said or asked of you. It's not the same meaning as "bedingen" although after you have carped (objected) you may well try to fix a price in advance (bedingen) if it is the price you object to. "Carp" is a very general word, and doesn't necessarily refer to a price.
                                You make lots of pictures of your models and show all the parts in the plastic bags. Then along comes THAT WOMAN FROM SUFFOLK and wants to know all about the bits and what they are. So you carp at all the time you now have to spend on numbering and labelling each little part, just to keep her quiet!
                                But as you're a nice, kind Dutchie, you do it.
                                But many thanks for the explanations of those words, Thijs.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X