Motorbikes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorbikes

I was about to post the following photos under the “random pictures….” , but then I thought that many of you are bound to see and photograph some of these bikes from time to time, so this is the thread for you all to use.

My photos are from the Armed Forces Day in Edinburgh, 25 June 2011.

The parade along the Royal Mile I featured in another thread was not the only event taking place there that day…actually first to set off from the castle were these Harley motorbikes!

I hope the photo the passenger was taking worked out OK!…
    (OT remark aimed at pakarang : that Starbucks seen in the background is the one I visited on successive May Day mornings and commented on the interior refurbishment.)

Comment

After, or strictly speaking during the second parade (for I was more or less keeping in time with it as I struggled through the crowds) I headed downhill for Holyrood, and then up to a high vantage point ready for the fly pasts. It was only later that I realised that the bikes were all in a line along the park road. So here are some photos:

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is bye bye from ME …as you can see !!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Harley-Davidson motorbikes

Hey !! Motorbikes !! Cool !! But please try to change the title of the thread just into "Motorbikes", because we see also Suzuki, Triumph, Indian here...
              So we could all use the thread for our bikes...
              Last edited by Ralf__; June 27th, 2011, 17:55.
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Re: Harley-Davidson motorbikes

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                Hey !! Motorbikes !! Cool !! But please try to change the title of the thread just into "Motorbikes", because we see also Suzuki, Thriumph, Indian here...
                So we could all use the thread for our bikes...
                It's done by request of Lady C
                Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Re: Motorbikes

Many thanks Oistein…such prompt care and support.

And Ralf, as you saw I got quite carried away here!…the event was billed as a Harley thing, but seems to have grown, as did my enthusiasm for taking and posting photos!

So now we have an official Motorbike Thread started by Lady C-gull…who would have thought!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Motorbikes

I will be very surprised if our member Haakon doesn't pop in here too... I know he has a love of big motorbikes!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

No suitable threads found for these two veteran bikes, seen in Singapore yesterday:

I assume there are some bike enthusiasts on CVF so I hope this new thread will meet with approval.

Comment

• ombugge
                        ombugge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No suitable threads found for these two veteran bikes, seen in Singapore yesterday:

I assume there are some bike enthusiasts on CVF so I hope this new thread will meet with approval.

• Ralf__
                        Ralf__ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The Royal Enfield is truely a beauty! A classic bike which is still build today. You can even buy it in Germany! Good idea for a new thread.

• wherrygirl
                        wherrygirl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh, what memories that recalls........! I used to ride pillion on a good old Royal Enfield 350.

Sorry, I did not notice that we already have a suitable thread before I stared a new one, call Motorcycles, a few days ago.
                      Maybe the Administrator, or one of the Moderators, can merge these two??

Comment

• PoloUK
                        PoloUK commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Topics merged as requested.

In the merger of the two threads the software managed to lose a couple of Comments/Posts. I'll just pop them in here. After my Comment here Ombugge asked who was "driving". My response was that it was my husband (before we were married) when we used to explore the Esse.x countryside, visiting its remote and charming small villages. I don't think I had a camera in those days except perhaps the old Brownie which really belonged to my parents, but I so wish that I had some photos now by which to recall what we saw. Those villages will doubtless now be part of suburbia, their character lost, chain stores lining the main streets and each place indistinguishable from the next.
                      The old Royal Enfield 350 was the first important vehicle in my life. The second will be shown soon in the thread on my visit to Stuttgart under the guidance of Ralf and Regine! That came as a tremendous surprise that they kept from me until the last moment!
                      Last edited by wherrygirl; November 30th, 2014, 18:01.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Now that you have cleared up the mess I made I'll add another bike here:

This one seen in the lobby of Imperial Hotel, Vung Tau, Vietnam.

Comment

Not a veteran motorbike this time, but to show that in Vietnam ANYTHING can be transported on a motorbike, moped or scooter:

Helmet and dust mask is now standard (almost), but shoes are optional:

Comment

Working...
                          X