Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

i was spotted by a member of the truckmodelbuilder forum,who is driving on a carrier.

Originally posted by wim
    Gisteravond op de DDN rond 20.00 een tankje afgeleverd op een auto afgeleverd,en dat was onze Thijs ,gauw aan de kant gaan staan en 2 mooie foto,s gemaakt van onze grijze vriend :lol:

best regards Thijs

Comment

You have been stalked ...
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I don't see you waving to the camera but at least you wore your safety vest.

Comment

i didn't know that he was there,(collgeu modelbuilder) we have to wore that vest,other wise the security visit you,and after a few time you're banned from the terminals for some weeks.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

i had to go just north of Coblenz to load a container,startde at 5,45am would need about 3to3,5 hours for it,and i was expected at 10,30am to load,so al the time of the world.

NOT

traffic jam started at Eindhoven after a collision of 2 cars,and after that almost the complete highway and secundairy roads in germany lost and lots of traffic jams through the snow and accidents.
            al in al,i just made it to the parking just before the highway exit i had to take,and that take me 4,5 hours,just needed 15 a 20 minutes more for the loading adres.the maximum for driving is 4,5 hours.

at the parkingplace

at the clients place

that he is not that dirty,is of the driving lanes (of the wheels) where ''clean'' and the max speed was reduced to 60 km and a lot of stop and go
            best regards Thijs

Comment

a lot of extra weight of the snow

the backlights that i cleaned at the parking,just as inviceble as the licenseplate

best regards Thijs

Comment

after loading i could back to home,roads are clean in Germany,so that went wel.
                almost home and the temperature was rising,i got of those little icicles.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

What a journey! I thought of you yesterday morning (NOT at 5.45a.m. though ) and wondered how it would be as I saw on the TV weather map the previous night that The Netherlands, Belgium and N.W. France were having the same as East Anglia. Once you've reached your 4 1/2 hours max. how long a break do you have to take, Thijs?
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I am glad you made it home safely. When roads get like that I try to stay at home where it is safe. Many of the log truck drivers in our area are not the most professional (and that is being polite).

Comment

after a 4,5 hour drive we have to take a brake of 45 minutes.
                          we may cut those 45 minutes in 2,have a stop of 15 minutes and later a stop of 30 minutes,and only like so,first 15 than 30.
                          as long we made those stops within the 4,5 h drive.
                          and the belgium rule is even stupider,you are not allowed to make that rest behind the wheel,when you stay in your cab.we have to take them on the passingerseat or in bed,they say,behind the steeringwheel issn't resting,you are on your workingplace,so thats no rest. belgiums idiots

i have seen some trucks crashed that day,but more cars Dane.
                          there was also a mass crash on that day in the rhur aeria region,100 cars ans some trucks,severals wounteds,but no deadly victums
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

I was again on my way to Czech Republic this week and was quite lucky to be just about 50km South of that area with snow falls. So i had dry roads, although it was really cold and a lot of snow in the air, but it stayed in the clouds. Phew! I wish that this winter is finished now!!
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

you may also be lucky you wasn't in france.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

i have a small coffiemaker in the merc,but not on a fixed place.
                                so after almost 2 years it is time to make such a place.
                                drawing and cutting at a piece of thick paper,
                                you get this.

after folding it ,it looks like this.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X