Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

That all looks great now, Thijs. I like the new carpet and the matching cloth on the table, and your tiger rug on the back wall. You have worked hard on it, bless you.
    You are going to feel really good when you start off tomorrow.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Did you do the wood work for the new shelf? It looks like a nice custom fit. I can't wait to see it finished.

I like the blue carpet. Now you need some red and white seat covers and you are set to drive in the USA.

Comment

yes it's looking betterwith the new carpet,the truck issn't that much black and grey anymore.

yes it my own work,looking almost every episode of home improvement,so i hve learn it from the best
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Great work, the truck looks far more personal now. I bet you'll feel more like home now?

Comment

thanks tommi,yes it's look better now,but stil things to do.

hinghway cruiser by night

maybe to much light.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Ooohhh Michelin men by night!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                absolutely great to see our ship has taken to the road!!!!
                Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                now you know why i needed a good drawing of the logo.
                plan was to call the truck
                ''lighthouse'', of al the extra lights on the truck,but the idea i got didn't work.nobody see what there stands in the way i had planned.
                maybe when i got more time i'll explane it.
                this was the first try how to place it on the cab.

the problem was ,my boss or the merc seller didn't see what there stands,or other poeple.

the idea was that the truck was the capital L seen from the left side (artistic freedom) with the lightbeams lighting up the CV vessel.

and made that in differend ways,without and with a trailer.

best regards Thijs

Comment

and in differend sizes.

for those who didn't see the capital L

best regards Thijs

Comment

another problem came up with that the roof is differend at both sides

this side i got the whole side of the roof

this side there is the air intake for the engine,so just the half of the roof side

so thank to al the problems,the solution became this.

a new name but with our vessel
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, the idea about the lighthouse is very witty, Thijs. But I don't think it would be as instantly understood as the logo you finally had. We use the word "cruiser" for road vehicles as well as ships, as when we say cruising along at a steady speed, so it fits well. Further, when you first showed the design I thought the choice of the motorway sign representing letter "H" was brilliant.
                      Ivy

Comment

that i skiped lighthouse was also because the name for lighthouse is in dutch ; vuurtoren what is in englisch firetower.
                        and you al would knowthat the first lighthouses where firetowers the burn every night a woodstack on top of it.
                        so that was also a reason to skip lighthouse,worrieng about if non english speaken people would underdtand the term lighthouse.

i had my doubts about the cruiser,is it a term/name in english.
                        there is a car the PTcruiser,but in maritime way i wasn't shure about it.so just taken the gamble that it was right.
                        but highway cruiser sounds better then highway cruising,and the name stands for the truck itself so cruiser was better.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

and you al would knowthat the first lighthouses where firetowers the burn every night a woodstack on top of it.
                          Well, I confess my ignorance - I didn't realise that. Isn't it strange - the things one ought to know but doesn't!?

i had my doubts about the cruiser,is it a term/name in english.
                          Well, I don't know about any cars with Cruiser as part of their name, but when we speak of ships we say cruiser just as we say tanker, tug, whatever. So I see no problem about using it as you have done. And it suits, cruising along at a steady speed - at least I don't think you're a boy racer, not with the truck, anyway.

but highway cruiser sounds better then highway cruising,and the name stands for the truck itself so cruiser was better.
                          Quite agree.
                          Ivy

Comment

I passed a truck as I was going to Norwich this afternoon. Yes, OK, I passed several, but you would have been jealous of this one. Today has been miserably dull and even at 2 p.m. I had my sidelights on. Round a bend came this vehicle with a row of lights above the cab from side to side, others at the base, more along the top of the trailer (which I often see), then in my mirror I saw that the complete rear of the trailer was outlined in more lights. Howzat?
                            Ivy

Comment

you see them more and more yes,on the back of the trailer ain't gonna work in the container service.
                              i have spend more then enough on this one,so not much more i think as it is now.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

You know, this might raise the total resale value of the highway cruiser...
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X