Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone is spying at you? hahahaha
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      not only me.
      she stands there every Monday,theusday and Friday,when its not raining to hard.
      for about a hour.
      makes about 100 to 150 images of trucks.
      but nothing of photoshopping.
      she place them as they came out of the camera.
      i crop them a little and some more or less coloring,brihtness ectect
      but when so would do that cost her a lot of time too,but it's sad that she takes them while we are far away.
      so the round roundabout we got closer pics of our trucks.

she had taken Wesley also a few times

the Original image

and after some photoshopping of me

best regards Thijs

Comment

She is like a human web-camera then ! LOL

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

well it seems that the HC is some longer to stay.
        a few months more.

the boss will starts talking with the 2 dealers in January
        ordering and building and deliviring is a few months. so mayby begin summer a new one.
        for now having fun with the merc.
        but in a huge dilemma now.
        had be sitting in a new merc,and for some reason about the interior ,i didn't was so sure anymore. about the storage places and lockers.
        should i get for a DAF?
        today i sat in the DAF at the truckshow,the DAF though the biggest cab,seems smaller than the one a got.
        yes the roof is higher,but the storage places where smaller,specially under the bed and the lockers above the window.
        it doesn't like to be the place wunder that what the space cab was that i drove.
        so i'm in a HUGE DILEMMA now

best regards Thijs

Comment

and another night over in Rotterdam

a very early weekend

best regards Thijs

Comment

past week it snowed in Holland.
            here more than on other places
            near my home more than at Rotterdam port.

yes yes , i know,compare to scandinavian countries it's nothing,but here it is a lot.
            ideal for speed cameras
            best regards Thijs

Comment

the next day even more snow.
              and that time not heavy containers on the truck

and when it snows the upcomming 3 weeks,there will be not snowed merc images, tomorrow starts my 3 weeks holliday
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Keep on trucking in SAFETY!

Comment

had been on the road again.
                  bad week for me anyway,also because of this,when you get the truck back with this

and nobody had done it.

last time for making it clean and stuffing everything back in again?

best regards Thijs

Comment

Too bad that nasty score on the paintwork, Thijs. You always take such good care of it.
                    Do you yet know what boss is getting for you as replacement? I feel quite sad that the Highway Cruiser will no longer have its images on this thread, showing off all its lights and the special logo. Look, you must do something with the new truck, make it Thijs' truck, not just any old one. Add loads of lights, you've got the Henny sign, Rubber Ducks, the Michelin men, and might the table top also fit, I wonder? You worked really hard staining that and getting it right. And the logo, could you get another decal made like it?
                    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
                      janihudi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      no not any news yet about the next one
                      if there will be any lights ,i don;t know,he don't want that anymore.
                      the table won't fit,it's a complete other truck even when it will be a merc.
                      don't know what to do wiith the logo,if he will allow it. if so i can call the new one also highway cruiser, or make a new name for it
                      don't know yet. i still do like the HC name and logo

• wherrygirl
                      wherrygirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I like the HC name very much and its logo just gives that little twist of difference to the meaning. Shame about the lights.

well the bullit is through the curch. (dutch saying, don't know if they say it elsewhere too)

the boss asked me which is my favorit truck?
                    more or less needles to ask. it's daf
                    but i want a merc again.
                    why ??????
                    daf is tattoed on your hart
                    yes, but the service of the merc garage is better

he wanted to steer me to daf.
                    what do you want to buy for a merc?
                    a bigspave 450hp tri-axles. (the middlehigh roof)
                    ohh!!
                    buy me a DAF then.then i get a super space cab (the highest roof)

uhhh???
                    yes higher roof, bigger lockers. i want space

and i want more hp

no it's enough hp
                    drove this week 2x 27tons netto + 23tons for the truck and containers,i want more hp then that
                    no ,no need for that.the torque is more of what you have now (460hp)

and many more blabla

and will see what he do.
                    but i'm also the only one ,which was asked for drivers favorit. so i can't overplay my hand to much
                    so i wait for now,but it can't take to long,while the truck is not any usefull anymore after june.
                    within 6 months it had to be replaced

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, I just sat and laughed and laughed, reading that, for I could see it all in my imagination. Cheek of the devil, you have, but also much of his luck!
                      but i'm also the only one ,which was asked for drivers favorit. so i can't overplay my hand to much
                      Yeah, yeah, boss's pet, aren't you?
                      I'm getting quite excited, waiting to see what you'll end up with. Then you MUST furnish it well, as you did with the HC. None of this "Won't bother" business.

(Your saying has the English equivalent of "The die is cast". Die, in this case, = matrijs. All courtesy of my splendid Dutch dictionary!)
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

That was a nice talk. No decision yet? Why don't you ask for a budget and then you can make your own proposal what to get for that money? I am sure it is possible to get an arrangement.
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

yeah wel there was more said as in waht stands in the post,but that was the most direct sentenses.

still don't know what he will buy,but when he's is figured out,he wouls tell me it right away. he said.

i don't ask to much. the merc salesman says that a merc is more expensive that a grilled chicken (Scania)
                          and i don't know what will be placed in those grilled chickens, but it seems that there will be some extras on/in it

he told me some time ago he wil order one and most delevered right away that day.
                          because 7 years back he ordered a merc in the morning ,and just pass noon,i called him that the turbo of the truck was broken .
                          i was near cologne that moment.

theusday morning i drove away from home and the indicator for low coolant level.
                          but only in left corners,otherwise everything oke.
                          at the discharge adres in Ratingen Germany i tild the cab up to see if there was a leak somewhere.
                          and yes it was.
                          i thought a hoose leak ,but it looks as it came somewere at the hose clamp.
                          call the garage and they say it was beter for beeing save than sorry and drive to a garage in Germany.
                          arriving there and replaced the hose it was still leaking,after further searching they saw it came out of the coolant reservoir. so replaced it for a new one.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Hahaha 2 days later it was Wesley's turn to visit the garage.also a coolant problem.
                            broken water pump.
                            so also a tipped over cab for him

Last edited by janihudi; February 9th, 2018, 18:04.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X