Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep. the shit hits the fan

this is not the way to park a truck for the night

parked him close to the side,so when my collegue did come he had place too.
    when i want pull him a little further to the road,the truck slides away and i was stuck in the earth
    never can get him out by myself
    best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

also the chassis was slide in the ditch

best regards Thijs

Comment

when you parked this way ,it issn't so great to sleep.
          watching a dvd it was oke to lay down with my head on the steer side,but when i go to sleep it wassn't that great anymore.
          your feet higher than your head isn't that comfortable.
          so turned around so my feet were at the steerside now.
          a little better,but not much,i was sleeping now on a slide,every time i slide to the lower side,and not at the normal way in my bed,needles to say that i didn't sleep wel

this morning (6.45am) when the loggers truck came and we discussed how we can do it,,we decided to hook up a chain at the front containerpost and lift the container with chassis up and i drive forwarts.
          in 10 seconds i was on the street again.
          ends well.
          all i had the do after loading,was bring the container to Antwerp

a trip of 405km

but i drove via Holland ,not the green line from Aken to Luik ,but from Aken to holland over the E314 to Belgium and then back to the green line.
          about 15 km less to drive
          drop off by Antwerp,pick up another one ,another place,drop that one off at Rotterdam,pick up another one ,another place and went to home.8pm back home
          best regards Thijs

Comment

sometimes place enough

another not even place for a car ,because of sleeping drivers which park there for the night,and also think that they are the only truckdrivers on the world,
            meaning taking the place they want,the other time ,in this case trailers parked from the market and fair in giessen.

leaving a gap were no one dare to park in.
            excapt one stupid driver from Giessen

best regards Thijs

Comment

so al in about 50cm left between front and back
              best regards Thijs

Comment

and i did it twice,see the differend containers

best regards Thijs

Comment

For sure you know the TV series "Outback Truckers".
                  http://www.discovery.nl/programmas/outback-truckers/

I did not think that such an episode can happen with a Dutchman in Germany, but you did it, man.

I see, Germany is killing you. No allowance to drive on the roads with the heavy truck (but looking at your later pictures, there might be some sense in this rule), spoiling your health with Currywurst and driving like Max Verstappen practising for the Rallye Monte Carlo 2018. Finally changing containers at a very conspirative place out in the woods. I will not ask what the hell you were doing there???!!! Why this place??

Anyway. I had fun reading and thank you so much for posting. And i am full of respect for your parking abilities. Will help a lot if you have to deliver in Amsterdam-Centrum. If they let you in with 40+ tons...

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes ,i know that serie,but not following it ,just stay tuned when it's on tv.
                    the thing is with those programs ,there is Always a problem.
                    if it's about trucks, vessels,airplanes,tunneling,there is Always a problem.

the load was in this case within Dutch limits (50tons) with al of the axles i have the axle pressure would be oke ,also for german roads,
                    but there is a limit,so sometimes you win,sometimes you loose.

looking at the smartphone at those images there is also a small video of focusing before the click.
                    then you see it wasn't that fast,but it looks good at the images.

i didn't change the containers,i had to load those logs.
                    we do it many times ,in Holland ,Germany ,france ,Belgium, just were the costumer want us to load.
                    the loggerstruck collect them in the Woods and bring them to the roads,our trucks are not capeble to drive in to the Woods.
                    the loggers have some places in the Woods were there is place enough for loading it into the containers.
                    with the gps they have coordinates ,which they send to our office,the place them in our system ,we press navigate and where the flag on our screen is,is the loading place.

uyes we go into those city centers aswel,but not with those weights,40 or 50 tons.
                    mostly for people that immagrate and load the containers with there households.
                    but where it is we go there,
                    sometimes i need to get a parkingpass for the day,because it is in the pedestrian area .
                    we only can get in if they lowered a big cilinder into the street.
                    i had be staying the whole day for loading a container,on a Sunny hot day,icecream shops everywhere.
                    had a great day

to get it between the cars i had to go for,-backwarts for 5-6 times,its now about 50 cm,if you staning in a angle you dont even have those cm,then it is about 25 cm

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    but i can't show you where it was,
                    google take away google earth on internet explorer,if you want it back i had to go over to chrome.
                    are there many changes in use?
                    even worst,al the pinpoints i had made on GE are lost now aswel

Thisj -you are nor having a comfortable run; I just hope things improve for you!

Comment

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    it wasn't not that bad,the trip was a nice one,but the way it had to be done.
                    they know i don't want the make those trips,but just because when i keep my mouth shut,they gave me more like this,and i'll be away the whole week.
                    i had done that for 7,5 years,went away Sunday eve and could be home between Friday afternoon till daterday afternoon.
                    with the possabilety that i had to change trailer in Rotterdam (i was riding with ferrytrailers between Rotterdam and UK,) un Sunday morning when the ferry arrived.
                    it did happend that i came home saterday around noon,the trailer i need again came in Sunday morning,so to Rotterdam on Sunday morning,change trailers,go home and went away Sunday evening.
                    not much of weekend left,for newlyweds.
                    but i enjoy the work. (then)
                    but stil love to make those kind of trips.
                    but not every day and every week. so sstttttt.LOL

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post

I see, Germany is killing you. No allowance to drive on the roads with the heavy truck (but looking at your later pictures, there might be some sense in this rule), spoiling your health with Currywurst and driving like Max Verstappen practising for the Rallye Monte Carlo 2018. Finally changing containers at a very conspirative place out in the woods. I will not ask what the hell you were doing there???!!! Why this place??

Anyway. I had fun reading and thank you so much for posting. And i am full of respect for your parking abilities. Will help a lot if you have to deliver in Amsterdam-Centrum. If they let you in with 40+ tons...
                  He-he-he!
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

well for people with a wel trained eye ,must have seen the difference of the truck. (not you Ivy,you know it)
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

• Ralf__
                      Ralf__ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You are the best! And loading in the city with icecream is for sure better than in germany with currywurst. Not healthier, by the way, but nicer.

• janihudi
                      janihudi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      nonono, icecream can i get everywere,currywurst just in Germany.
                      a German grossery (lidl) had a German week,and i just HAD to go

plenty of German sauseges 4 half meters bratwurst,2 pots of 8 bockwurst, 2 packaging of other bratwurst ,4 currywurst ,1 package of 2x3 (in German fleiskase) but english name don't know,but a kind of meat and 1 packageg potato salad.
                      let the joy begin.
                      so sad that i have to lost weight

OMG - what can you do with the man??
                    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      almost there.
                      before the '' shit hits the fan''

is this when they talk about the ''tunnel effect''?
                      Absolutely brilliant shots!
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

almost every Monday ,Wednesday and Friday she is spotting trucks,and announce it on Facebook,
                        so we knew when she is there and which time.
                        today it was my turn.

and i spottet her

in her image you can see me taken the image of her
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Must be a great Lady for you - interested in trucks too!

GIGGLE and LOL!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
                            janihudi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            she had taken me for several times now, but i have enough at 1 lady. more than hands full. lol
                        Working...
                        X