No announcement yet.

Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the primer don't need long to dry,but i sand it when wet whait a while and primer it,yesterday late (stil light though) i smeared the bleu paint on most of it.
    the truck just have to go for 3 a 4 years.
    i when i see the rust at what was painted last year,when we where dooing it good,what the heck,next year it's rusty again.
    last year it was for a long term,but now .....,next year another layer blue.
    we have the ame here with the weather forecast,we looked more for England (UK is out of the quistion,seems) for the weekend as for holland

for the volvo's i believe they have a spare,because we have many volvo's,not for the merc,there are only two,and only 1 on them with white mirror covers

lots of snails here too,a lot of scratces of broken houses when Indy and i walking in the dark
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Ah, it's disheartening when you see all the parts you spent so much time on last year rusted all over again. Are all the other truck drivers as painstaking as you with their vehicles? Your boss ought to be grateful for the way you smarten it up.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

some of them are taking care for there trucks,i'm not even the most dooing.
        the others are more of polishing,i'm not,i just hate rust.
        this weekend a lot of Tsi trucks are at the truckwash.
        tomorrow (kingsday) in a lot of cities /regions is a truckrun for physically or mentally handicapped people/cildren.so they want there truck in and out cleaned and polished.
        there for me is not needed to battle against rust,there trucks are driving,mine just stand still.
        he likes it when we do it,aslong it dosn't costs him money,besides the paint.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

now i 'm making the highway cruiser neat at the outside,i'll also can do the inside,better said ,the dashboard table.
          the paint was boken of when i made it ready,by tighten the screws.
          the aluminium sheet bend more then as i had done it.
          also now i have a support for the mobile Phone holder,i can apint that also.

best regards Thijs

Comment

covered up the table ,so that only that will be grey what have to be grey.
            just 1 shade,don't need 50

and that al under the watchfull eye of my pal.

best regards Thijs

Comment

all grey now,not looking how paint drys.

what goes fast,spraypaint drys qiuck.

best regards Thijs

Comment

every thing is done now,even the clear varnish is dry.

al i have to do is placing the carpet.

best regards Thijs

Comment

but that might be a problem.

but i still have a day,she wil go,sometime
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Do you mean that you have finished everything? Wow! You've done well this year.
                    But whatever are you going to do with yourself all day tomorrow?
                    Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                      janihudi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      nono just the table part,tomorow further with the chassis and the rusty cab parts

I thought you'd been quick! But the weather forecast for tomorrow seems OK, so you should be able to get quite a bit done.
                    Ivy

Comment

a short weekend last weekend.
                      came home on saterday morning,with a dirty truck,so no painting or polishing,and went away again at sunday 8pm.
                      for loading logs in Germany.

the time for arrival is for cars.

but after Dortmund i didn't follow the highway to Kassel,but take the route over landroads,curvy roads,with many up and down over the hills.about 1.5 hours

time of arrival in the forrest 2,12am

the highway route says 435 kilometers,when i arrive at the loadingplace in the forrest i drove exactly 400 kilometrs
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Why do you collect all our wood? I thought the Dutch are building up ships nowadays with steel, not with wood like in former days. Did i miss something???
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

i don't know where those loads go to,but it's a 3 days job,every day several containers,8 on monday.
                          but there goes just about 12 or 13 in a container,10,11 meters long.so there will be enough left though for the Germans and in that region ,for the Dutch to enjoy .
                          the Dutchies don't buils ships anymore,it's became an Asian job.
                          and if we build them,we don't build them anymore.
                          IHC where cornel and his brother working had a few years back a order for 10 vessels,everybody happy,many vessels a few years work,so many people at work.
                          not.
                          the men with money ,the Executive Board,dissided to get east european welders for the job while there wasn't GOOD DUTCH WELDERS anymore to find.yeah right
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post

the time for arrival is for cars.
                            how the navigation system wants to go

here on google earth,the bleu line for the navigation,
                            the red line how i drove

that the red line don't go to the yellow pin, is of the highway stops there

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                              but after Dortmund i didn't follow the highway to Kassel,but take the route over landroads,curvy roads,with many up and down over the hills.about 1.5 hours

time of arrival in the forrest 2,12am

the highway route says 435 kilometers,when i arrive at the loadingplace in the forrest i drove exactly 400 kilometrs

the highway stops just a little left of roadnumber 7 on top of image,from there just landroads

but i was ''flying'' 80/87 km/h while 60km/h is max for trucks,but 70km/h is accepted.
                              the sooner i was there,the earlier i could drive monday,i need (according to Brussels) 9 hours of rest,who are they to disside?

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X