Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still waiting (mobile pics)

behind the timbertruck,collecting the logs.but there was no place ,to load,so went back to the parkingplace and wait. Again.

though the navigation bought me there,just for shure i had the roadmap ready,as you can see in the window,on top of the map the black circle,the camera lens cap
    best regards Thijs

Comment

How much have you done on the HC, then? Come on, let's have the details. (Bet he hasn't done a thing yet, just lounging in front of the TV all day.)
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

finally loaden,35 logs of red oak about 25 tons.

and when i finally went,after 200 meters,road block.
        another timbertruck was loading smaller logs,cost me about 15 minutes.
        on the GE map second image,berkenlaantje.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Friday parked with collegues.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          How much have you done on the HC, then? Come on, let's have the details. (Bet he hasn't done a thing yet, just lounging in front of the TV all day.)
          you mean about sanding and painting?
          not much,yesterday the rims sanded and paintd the bleu line again,but don't have a carr (for 7 weeks already now) and Wesley is gone,and don't want to go on the bike with paint and thinner.

the greu is the primer

best regards Thijs

Comment

went back this afternoon to finish the wheels,painting the spots with silver.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Do you remember the trouble you had last year with those wheels? You had such a lot of hard work to do so as to get them looking good. They look fine now.
              But what is this about the car? What is wrong, has it packed up completely, Thijs? And do you mean that Wesley has moved out permanently - or was just out at that time?
              I have just gone back and watched that YouTube again, showing the loading of the logs. Good precision work. I liked the way, when the pile of logs in the trailer was high enough, he used the grab to push the next ones right in.
              I like these forest images - and (dare I say) particularly the two in #674? Or were they also taken by someone else?
              Ivy

Comment

Greatly enjoyed these truck-in-forest photos in conjunction with the GE maps.

Comment

oh yes ,don't talk me about it,it given me still nightmares.
                  i got me another engine for the car,it'd oil consumption was very high,remember i bought in the weekend at Bun9ay oil again.
                  but also the dynamo was bad,and some more,it was cheaper to build in another engine than repair.
                  the car is good though his age.
                  but the mechanic got heath problems than the other than they where to busy with there normal jobs,and so on.
                  and Wesley was to a friend,so no car.for me.
                  al pics are from me now

thank you Cecilia
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

al pics are from me now
                    So it's safe for me to admire them!
                    That's very bad luck about the car. Yes, I remember you having to get some oil down at Halesworth, when we were on our way to The Triple Plea, I think it was. But they really ought to do something about your car after all that time, just because one mechanic is ill is no excuse for not putting someone else on the job as soon as practicable.
                    Last edited by wherrygirl; April 25th, 2015, 17:28. Reason: corrected text for smilie
                    Ivy

Comment

it's not a normal garage,they have a garage in there free time,bisede there normal jobs
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

A bit of moonlighting!
                        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                          oh yes ,don't talk me about it,it given me still nightmares.
                          i got me another engine for the car,it'd oil consumption was very high,
                          Are we talking about the Mercedes Benz Highway Cruiser here? Never considered something else?
                          Regards; Sigve.
                          ---
                          IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

I know Thijs won't mind my putting in something here, for it was I who picked up on something he said further back.
                            We were talking about the "sprucing-up" he was doing on the truck - the Merc. Highway Cruiser - ready for the truck festival coming up in May. He happened to mention that he was unable to buy some more paint and thinner as he has had no (private) car for 7 weeks. Naturally I asked what the problem was with the car and he mentioned having to get a new engine as it needed so much oil and there was also a problem with the dynamo. When I was in the Netherlands in May last year he had unexpectedly to top up with oil once while we were out and then when he and his family were over here last August the same problem arose.
                            The "nightmares" Thijs mentions were when he had a lot of work to do on the truck wheels last year to satisfy himself that it looked good for the truck festival.
                            The problems are with Thijs' own car - he did not bring the Highway Cruiser over here for the weekend!
                            Ivy

Comment

yes you're right Ivy.
                              i could take Wesley's car ,but he wanted to go to a friend.
                              i didn't want to buy paint,but the cartonbox with every thing in it was hard to take on the bike.

the nightmares was of because the fluffy blossoms,when we where spraing the wheels and it all stick in the wet paint.

today started with sanding and primering the chassis,but bad weather today.rain.
                              so when it was dried up i sanded the rosty parts adn while there was another rainshower coming up,quickly in the primer and placed a mudscreen over it,so it stays dry.
                              and i wanted to do a lot this 3 day weekend, monday kingsday.
                              but the weather forcast isn't that great for the weekend.

and this morning waiting for my turn at the truckwash i noticed that the mirror cover plate was gone,again.
                              stolen by the east european merc truckdriver that stands beside me,or lost while i was driving?
                              anyway its gone.
                              lets hope i got another one before the truckshow,otherwise i wont go,i wont stand on a truckshow with just the half a truck.

thuesday,i'm gonna load matches Wannabees.but looking at GE it's in the middle of a city,at the old stationstreet.
                              w'll see
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Did the primer dry OK, Thijs? The BBC weather map always shows at the right of the British Isles a stretch of Europe from part of the northern French coast up through Belgium to Denmark and often a little further north, so although it doesn't give the temperatures for these strange foreign parts it does show the weather fronts. You may be lucky tomorrow for there will be patchy rain but drying up later in the day, then Monday doesn't look too bad so far.
                                So you may be able to get quite a bit done - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
                                I should think that you'll be able to get a new mirror cover in time for the show. Get a couple while you're at it, then you have a spare half a truck in hand for next time.
                                Pity about the matches, I was quite enjoying the forest scenes - EVEN if there were no bird pics. (Miserable Dutchie). Which reminds me - when I was trying to hack at an unwanted fern in the garden I uncovered a few snails hiding in the depths, and some were those pretty cream and brown striped ones that you used to photograph.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X