Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    but again Ivy ,your behind.
    also here the technic is so far that the truck brakes for you ,if the driver won't do it,and accelerate again when the car is away
    What do you mean/ When does the HC brake for you? You say that you're watching the road - can the truck sense obstacles also?
    on the more luxury cars already availble,on poor people cars,like seat probally never.
    So I assume you have ALL this in the Opel????
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      What do you mean/ When does the HC brake for you? You say that you're watching the road - can the truck sense obstacles also?
      the HC can't,but if my Boss had order it,the HC could do it.

with brake assit

at the start of the video,the ''eye'' of the braking system.

but this can happen without brake assist and a sleeping driver,or ''not paying much attention on the road '' driver.
      watch the grey car

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      So I assume you have ALL this in the Opel????
      yes,thatswhy we're Always so far behind you,the opel had sense an obstacle, (for 4 days a seat),so he brakes.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

yes,thatswhy we're Always so far behind you,the opel had sense an obstacle, (for 4 days a seat),so he brakes.
        Absolute RUBBISH. Wesley will confirm that you never got anywhere near me on those long straight roads I remember him saying to you "We're only in second gear yet!!" Any "seeing eye" system as in those videos would never even have started the alarm. Yiou have to admit it, you rarely managed above 50mph anywhere.
        But seriously, does the Opel have this?
        I'm very impressed by the video demonstrations. Of course, that means you wouldn't even have to watch the road if your boss had the system fitted. Obviously he thinks he is paying you all that money so you really ought to have something to do to earn it instead of dozing on the bed all day. Don't blame him.
        Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          no ,the opel havn't it too,it's to old for those systems.

the maincourse that the most trucks are driving without al those systems is the price tags.
          the freight price won't go up for al those extra's,even worse is that the tonnage of loads get less by every kilo of the truck itself.
          thatswhy many tank trucks and bulk loading trucks have the smaller cabs,with as less extra as possable.
          so the less the truck weights,the more kilo's of load he can take.as in Holland 50 tons,Belgium 44,Germany 40,but Scandinavia 60 tons.

I don't know what it is currently here, but it was 40 tons. It may have gone up now, though.
        Ivy

Comment

Recently i heard a wise sentence: "what we call luxury today, will be standard tomorrow". I agree to this, studying your wonderful guided truck tour, comparing all that with the 1624 and 1632 Mercedes truck my uncle drove when i was a child and copilot during school vacation - looking similar to these ones:

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7477/...e393e6e9f5.jpg

http://www.powalski.com/bilder/Schle...ch25042009.jpg

http://www.powalski.com/bilder/Brilo...on14052011.jpg

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

with the last model i had drive too.

i started with a DAF 2800 and i was proud with it too.
            as you say luxury today ,standard tomoorow.and it goes very fast

here a list which country how much is the maximum

http://www.internationaltransportfor...df/weights.pdf
            best regards Thijs

Comment

If I win the lottery I'm thinking it might be fun to get a guided tour of Europe from that passenger seat. Janihudi drives and I take pictures.... it could work.

That seat looks pretty comfortable. Does it recline?

Comment

no,no,no,no,no,yes

which about the answers of all the questions of the chair.your chair i ment.

no suspencion,no recline,no heating,no shifting,no armrest.,but it has a seat belt.

it is just a chair so you can sit there and rest ,eat,and i Belgium it's required to take you're rest there (if you stay in the cab),it's not allowed to take your rest behind the wheel.

so it can only recline it a bit,and now i have a thicker and higher matras ,it's even harder to recline it.
                it's mounted on the floor,so i can't shift it too.

it's a one driver truck seat,you can sit on it for a while,and when you turn the seat up a lot more space.
                thats the whole idea behind it,but the main cause for Dutchies is,it's much cheaper.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

in the lower closet stuff like the Jack and wheel wrench a airhose,rachet straps and other things a don't need much. (or never) and spare twistlocks

5 steps to heaven

best regards Thijs

Comment

behind the cab a ladder and broom and the closet for the fire extinguisher

alt the wires and hoses between the puller and pulled vehicle

1 air hose for stock. (keeping the air tanks Always full)
                    1 air hose for command. when i brake,the air valve opens and give there command to the trailer brakes
                    1 ABS cable
                    1 cable for the lights
                    1 cable for accessoires like work light, fog light,steering blocking

best regards Thijs

Comment

behind the grille,not much to do for me.
                      no oil dipstick,only a red cap when there have to fill some oil in the engine,
                      and from the red cap (see it as a clock) to 2 o clock you see a little black cap on a white transparant tube,the filling for the tank of the windshield washer.

the Kings throne

not well focused,but top row from left to right

the oval ,the fast venting,for when i go out the cab or for a walk through the cab,press this in and in a second the air goes out of the chair
                      beside the oval a turning button,for heavy or light drivers,gives more or less suspension depending the drivers weight
                      next big oval,setting for driving position
                      gooing up a small square,chair heating in 2 positions
                      3 in 1 block buttons, for air cussions in the back of the chair,can pump them up or let air go,for the best support of my back
                      the big grey one,for recline the back
                      at the frontside of the chair a button ,to make the seat longer or shorter,depending of the drivers legs
                      the black braket under the chair,to slide the complete chair front or backward
                      the black box with all the buttons ,the commandbox for the airsuspencion of the truck for the second and third axle.
                      it's in a holder and has a spiral cable so i can take it out of the cab,just for 1,1.5 meter,so i could look if the hight is rigth for the trailer to connect.
                      never take it out though,do it by feeling and 30 years experience
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

how i see the dashboard while driving

my throne from the passinger side

best regards Thijs

Comment

the passinger chair,seat down.

seat up,for more space

the only thins this chair can do is seat up/down and a little recline.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

a lot of mirrors to watch

best regards Thijs

Comment

looking at the world through a windshield.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X