• Show
Clear All

the ''armrest'' with the gear command.
    it's all electric manual shifting ,but the gearbox does it automatic

1= gear lever
    2= neutral button
    3= function button
    4= switch for automatic or manual shifting
    manual shifting is nothing else as that i choose the moment of shifting,the automatic gearbox do the rest

armrest turn up,so that i can get of my chair to walk or dance through the cab.

1= gear lever
    2= splitter switch
    3= the turn up armrest
    4= handwheel for set the angle of the armrest

mine is drawing A

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...&part=in-depth

when i start driving i have to press 1 in the drawing or 3 on image and shift the gear lever
    Last edited by janihudi; December 24th, 2014, 19:41.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

I've decided to stick to my Seat.
      Exactly where is Drawing A in that manual? How am I supposed to make sense of what you're on about if I can't even find the pic.?
      You say
      manual shifting is nothing else as that i choose the moment of shifting,the automatic gearbox do the rest
      Must the timing always be decided by the driver or can it be left entirely to the auto gearbox? I have had no experience of an auto gearbox in a car.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i thought i had copied that piece ,but you can't copy a part of it.i think

so here is the drawing.

if the switch is in A the gearbox do it all by itself,from 0km till 87km i only have to place my foot on the trottle.
        the nerds in Stuttgart have there ideas of what is the best time for the truck to shift,but sometimes i think it's better to shift sooner.
        the computer wants to make more rpm's and take 2 gears ,and falls very far back in rpm's.
        i overrule the computer by shifting by myself at less rpm,go just 1 gear up and the engine don't falls far back in rpm's

but overall the truck and i have the same idea when shifting,many times when i think;when you wont shift up ,i 'll do it for you,and then the truck is dooing it too,and then he goes 4 gears up 2 from me and 2 from itsself.

but this is how it works.

i press button 1 (on the drawing) (3 on my image post 601-1),and push the gear lever (1 in image) to direction 2 or 3 to reverse
        the computer goes automaic to the first gear the first time,when he rolls he knows by then if it's light or heavy loaded and make by that the plan for what way he wants to go,and thats ak i have to do.
        if i want to overrule it,i can shift the gearlever to (2) and he goes 1 up when heavy or 2 when light,by it's own.
        when it's heavy loaded and i know a whole gear is to much i use the splitter (2) in image 601-2 for a half gear.

1/5 gear up = splitter
        1 gear up = gear lever forward and press function button
        1 1/5 gear up = gear lever forward and splitter the same time pull up and press the function button
        2 gear up = gear lever forward and function button (but it works only when empty or light loaded

Last edited by janihudi; December 25th, 2014, 11:50.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

under the bed,betwen the chairs,2 drawers.

the lowest in use for the maps ,gloves,container seales and spare bulbs

best regards Thijs

Comment

the upper one is the fridge ,with some place beside it,for all kind of stuff,as long it's smaller than the space.

and pity enough,smaller as what i had in the DAF.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

and it have also a table on it.

which also can be used when the fridge is closed.

best regards Thijs

Comment

the nerds in Stuttgart have there ideas of what is the best time for the truck to shift,but sometimes i think it's better to shift sooner.
                Ja, ja, of course Thijs knows best.
                I got a bit confused with "i press button 1 (3) on my image". But you don't need to explain further, Thijs as I have worked through it all and get the picture. Thanks for explaining it all. I'm impressed by the gear functions, the way it is programmed to recognise heavy/light loads and plan accordingly.
                Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i have changed the sentence Ivy

You're in absolute luxury in that cab, aren't you?
                Ivy

Comment

yep,nothing wrong for staying a week on the road .
                  the only thing i miss is the warm tapwater which i had in the DAF .
                  and by that i mean,in the DAF i placed the jerrycan with water in front of the passinger seat,where also was the end of a hot air canal of the nightheather which warm the water in winter time.
                  but the HC gives his warm air from the Heather by the Original warming system everwhere through the cab,so no 4 big holes as in the DAF,means also i never got the water warm.
                  even worst,when i left it in the side closet (which come later) in a cold night,i could make me a wiskey on the rocks.

behind the chairs are 2 big closet's.
                  behind my chair lifting the matras,then a lid ,you see this.

about 50/60 cm deep
                  with in 2 boxes with all sort of things ,1 can of oil,a toolbox with al sort of bits,a safety helmet and 1 shopping crate with some microwave food dishes,canned food ,waterboiler and a lot of cans with drinks.(wich is almost empty here,but is full now)
                  limonade only means cola,orange,and the mu beloved German Spezie,or as here swip-swap,a mix of 50/50 cola /orange.

from the outside you can also get in there.the top closet.

best regards Thijs

Comment

There's a good lad! It was what I decided you meant anyway, and I'm glad you have confirmed it.
                    You know, all that is needed now is for a computer link-up between the steering and sat-nav, then there will be nothing much for you to do except lie on your bed, read, watch television........or even take videos as the HC careers on its way.
                    What a life!
                    Ivy

Comment

seeing it from the side.

and now we're here anyway,the lowest closet.

toolbox,gloves,chain, container lock,hamer ,wire pliers or translated from dutch a concrete cutter,we cut the container seals with it,so many clients which order goods from all over the world,don't even have a wire cutter to cut the container open.so every thing i need to do my daily job,outside the cab

mine was a gift from a German client in Wiebaden,was just a few monts driving for the company and i havn't a wire cutter,so ask for one to open the doors.wait he said,have to get 1 at the office.
                      and came back with a brand new one,never used before.

i said that's nice,i need this one,wait a while i bring it in the cab. as a joke.
                      he said, yes no problem keep it.
                      what are you joking?
                      no keep it.
                      i bring it into the cab he unloaded the container,but wassn't happy with it that moment.
                      i was on an old chemie factory,what was closed and they make it as a aeria for smaller companies,but entrence and exit by 1 maingate with security.
                      and when he ring to them and said; driver has stolen the wire cutter ,keep him here.
                      but i could drive away without problems,have been there a few times more,but i used his cutter then.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                        You know, all that is needed now is for a computer link-up between the steering and sat-nav, then there will be nothing much for you to do except lie on your bed, read, watch television........or even take videos as the HC careers on its way.
                        What a life!
                        you're behind Ivy.
                        the technic is now sofar by the sat-nav the truck knows where it is,and knows what road it's driving at and that there wil be a hillclimb after a few minutes,so starting to accellerate so that it's start with a higher speed at the climb,it's also knows that just for the top of the climb it's decelleraid by free-roll,that at the top start gearshifting again and acceleraid.
                        and this all for feul saving.
                        i believe that Volvo have to drive there and the system save the info for the next time,other brands use the info from the sat-nav in there computer and drive by that system.
                        while Volvo has in in there own system,it seems Always working,while the others need a working sat-nav ,if thats break down, the truck knows nothing.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

So what do you do all day, for goodness sake? And there's me thinking that you were so hard at work all the time...... You don't even have to steer!!!! Mind you, does it recognise idiot drivers in front of you or pedestrians dashing across the road at the last minute? I suppose you have your uses there in the cab, just to keep an eye on that sort of thing.
                          But can I have all that for my Seat, please, I have so many books to catch up on that I could do with the time.
                          Ivy

Comment

behind the passinger seat ,the same closet and the same way to open.

3 yellow things = 2 wheel blockers and a safety helmet
                            a lightbleu box for dangerous goods in case of problems
                            a dark bleu bag,battery starter cables
                            a blak bag with sign shields for dangerous goods and garbage loads
                            a jerrycan with water
                            the long silver colored the Power Inverter, which make 24v to 220v
                            the small silver thing is behind the chair and is the computer for the on board computer for the office .
                            under the helmet 3 pilons and a warning triangle

and the same closet seen from the outside

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                              So what do you do all day, for goodness sake? And there's me thinking that you were so hard at work all the time...... You don't even have to steer!!!! Mind you, does it recognise idiot drivers in front of you or pedestrians dashing across the road at the last minute? I suppose you have your uses there in the cab, just to keep an eye on that sort of thing.
                              But can I have all that for my Seat, please, I have so many books to catch up on that I could do with the time.
                              the HC don't have all those goodies,so i have to do it all by myself.
                              WHAT AM I DOOING ALL DAY??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????
                              99% of my time i'm avoiding idiot drivers and pedestrians.so i havn't time to read the facebook status while driving,or reading papers that time.

but again Ivy ,your behind.
                              also here the technic is so far that the truck brakes for you ,if the driver won't do it,and accelerate again when the car is away
                              .if you cross the line you hear a buzzer,croosing left line,then from the left speaker,crossing right from,well you got the idea.

on the more luxury cars already availble,on poor people cars,like seat probally never.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X