No announcement yet.

Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to do now, just little things, he says! And then comes a long list of various paint jobs, wiring up yet more lights, rim cleaning, etc. And BEHOLD, the lights in all their glory.
    Thijs, you're going to have to get up at 4a.m. on Saturday to give it a last-minute polish and check-over. And make sure that Wesley is in postion to see you depart from home, arrive at the show-place and then take masses of showing-off photos - (better include the driver, I suppose!). I'm looking forward to seeing it all.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i told the boss that i want to be home early so i can go to the truckwash,hope it will be dry then, chrome polish al the chrome stuff at Friday,make a last cleaning round,and not to forget ,place the wheelnutcovers back,and drive to Nieuwendijk to the parkingplaces,there.
      so this is the last weekend,to ''hobby'' on the hc and after the show i can neglected him again.
      i believe that there will be about 70/80 trucks,if i go early i can take them complete on the images.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm exhausted just imagining it all.

So let us all pray for dry weather during the next weekend and no road works on your way. And as comment for the light show: Wuuuuuuuuuuhhh!
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

i do hope so that it will be a dry weekend,otherwise al the polishing and painting would be useless,

the are nothing that road works here, from Giessen (in fact from the locks) to the highway A27 is a complete overhaul till august,in parts but neverteless,till august i have to make a detour.
        and the weekend of the show,the exit is closed for roadwork,but the driveway i have to take now is also the one where i would drive onto for the show and take the next exit.
        so i cross the highway now instead driving on it,and go through the polder to Nieuwendijk
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Whichever way you go, it will be a great day. I hope your boss is impressed by all the work you've put into improving the HC.
          Good luck
          Ivy

Comment

oh yes,he was impressed when i was there,besides the mudflaps then.
            he is happy anyway.the truck looks better then before,and it costs him not a penny
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Well????? ?? ???????
              Ivy

Comment

hopeless.
                the whole day dry/rain,dry/rain,dry/rain,every time a race to a tent for shelter,luckly it was across my truck.
                not many visiters aswel thanks the rain, at 5,20pm the sun came and the rain kept away ,but at that time the first trucks went already,and i left about 5,45pm
                but i had a nice day as fun with other drivers,just a shame off the rain.
                images will come in the trucks thread,and some of the HC here.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh Thijs, It really was a great, great shame. We had exactly the same weather here, at times it was torrential, and because the TV weather forecast map also shows the Netherlands, Belgium and part of France I could see what it was like over there. I was so sorry for you. But you had fun with other drivers, that was good. You always make the best of things!
                  I look forward to the photos of the HC and might even peep at the others as well, to see what the competition was like!
                  Ivy

Comment

from today, world famous in our little part of the Netherlands.(clik to the next image,and maybe in the newspaper tomorrow)

http://www.bd.nl/regio/den-bosch-en-...mAIto.facebook
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

And behold the Highway Cruiser!
                      Who is that daring to stand in front of the gleaming Rubber Truck Duck?
                      Ivy

Comment

i'm sorry,but it was not allowed to shoot those people
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Probably for the best!! The truck looks great though Thijs - you'll need another 'project' now!!
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

thank you Mark,after 8 weekends i'm done with it,cut my fingers many times on the chrome wheelrings.
                            i got stil my 1:50 projects where i can loose some time in,and over 1,5 weeks i got me another BIG PROJECT.
                            a project that talks.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Babbel,babbel, babbel....
                              Ivy

Comment

Working...
                              X