No announcement yet.

Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Thijs, I was so wishing you'd have a break.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i did not much,just the tank bracketts sanded and put it in the primer aswel the chrome rings,.
      the guy which painted the wheels came for a talk,so that cost me a hour too.
      so tomorrow when it's dry i painted it bleu.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

so after the fifth weekend of toil???? i painted the outside profile of the wheels and the tankbracketts bleu.
        thats the profile that is on the edge of the wheel to the tyre.

best regards Thijs

Comment

the bleu tankbracketts
          probally no one will see it,specially when we parked close ,but I KNOW.

best regards Thijs

Comment

done,the only thins missing here are the nuts covers.

i even sanded the ringbrackett that was rusty,primer it paint it silver and spay it in clear varnish,to get the same result as the rims.
            the brackett is within the red line.

best regards Thijs

Comment

i'm even so crazy to paint al those rusty screws.

best regards Thijs

Comment

damn,he's looking better after every weekend.

best regards Thijs

Comment

60 bleu nuts covers.

i thought to spray paint them.so spray them in plastic primer after we clean them with thinner.
                  Wesley would spray them bleu,while i was bringen the truck back.
                  when i return he stopped because of the paint was ''walking ''away.
                  i try it too,the same result.
                  so we had to paint them with a brush,60 in total.
                  this week we/i have to paint the six corned top and spray the with varnish.

as you can see ,the top are not wel covered with paint.
                  i had this problem sometimes with modelbuilding,on silicon this spray paint wont stick properly,
                  so these plastic covers are probally silicon covers.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Those nuts in #512.2 are dirty. Yes, I know they'll have their covers on but you'll KNOW that Ivy has seen them .
                    But seriously, it's a shame about the nut covers, first with the spray paint not holding, then the silicon tops not taking the paint properly. It must have been really tedious doing so many covers with the brush, Thijs. Why didn't you paint the tops at the same time as the body of the nuts, with the paint brush?
                    I hope there is nothing left to do after the covers are on. I can't see that there is, everything looks so fresh and clean and just look at the mirror finish of the metal surround where the nuts are in #515
                    It's all really first rate, isn't it?
                    Ivy

Comment

the whole covers had that problem,not only the tops.that the tops didn't painted yet ,is because i can hold them while painting them.
                      so tomorrow the it's dry,i can hold it at the body ,and paint the top.
                      i have to make the mudflaps hanging right,still some white paint on the cab,so minor things,but if it rains or i got a heavy container next weekend,it issn't a big problem.

yes,dooing my best Ivy,just 1 weekend,just 1,then it's over for the show.
                      boy what will i be happy then.

best regards Thijs

Comment

You'll simply have to tell your boss that the HC must be available for inspection by the queen of Bunga.y when she arrives. I'll bring him a bag of Bunga.y rusks as a pressie.
                        Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                          janihudi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          what are rusks??

• wherrygirl
                          wherrygirl commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A cross between a "beschuit" and a "klein afgeplat brood". They are quite small and sold by the bagful.
                          A different kind of rusk is for babies to eat when they are cutting their first teeth.

• janihudi
                          janihudi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          oke,we gave those kids ''kakies'' biscuits,or ''lange vingers'' a long airy cookie with sugar

Who are you supporting with this colours? PEC Zwolle or Schalke 04?

To be serious: You are doing a great job ! I hope you will not join the next truck meeting and keep on trucking, not painting. But i can clearly understand that you - once you started this plan - will present your truck as its best. But take care that the guy beside the truck behaves himself.
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
                          janihudi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          PEC Zwolle .schalke 04,what is that,can i eat this?
                          i'm that type of guy that''do it right,or don't do it at all'',
                          but to be honest,i wish i didn't started it ,that far,just clean it.
                          spent now 5 weekend on it,1 weekend to go and than to the show.

I think you chose the blue color based on the hull of the SS Norway?
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
                          janihudi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          my boss choose this color on the container chassis and the name on the cab,i got the only bleu truckchassis of the company.
                          it was mutch cheaper on the Merc than on the volvo's,so he left those grey.
                          the number of the bleu paint is RAL 5002,don't know which the ''Norway'' had.

the last weekend for the truckshow.
                        didn't do much,there is not much to do anymore,just ''little'' thing.

replaced the mudflaps,the wheren't hanging level and the same height,but now they do.
                        placed outside lights at the backside of the truck.
                        so for that i have to drow 10 meters of electric wire underneith the truck.
                        clean out the rims for the third time this week.(have to keep them clean now,otherwise the brake dust wil ''burn'' in the paint.
                        painted some cables bleu,and some other stuff
                        spraypainted the bleu hoses and cables black.
                        and did some repair on the white paint

best regards Thijs

Comment

and I said,let there be light.

and darn I got it.

(those on the outside ,at the back)

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                          X