Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best regards Thijs

Comment

I like it! very neat. Yes, matt or satin finish is nice on wood, better than gloss.
      If you're not going to make me an armchair, then you can do some of those metal thingies you sink wooden posts in. One of my washing-line posts finally fell down recently. I put in three many years ago in a triangular shape so that I have three line lengths. But I left the cement level with the soil on this one, instead of raising it 2 or 3 inches above the ground with a sloping surface so that rain would run off, so I'm not surprised it has finally rotted. I have to laugh when I remember replacing another one a few years back. I made hole, battened it with timber, mixed cement, put it in hole and stuck in post. But I had underestimated the amount of cement mix needed, so got half way through the job when it ran out. I rushed up the town to the hardware shop and said "Quick, more cement mix before the post falls over".
      So this time I must make sure I buy enough!
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

why not a drymill?hamer the foot in the earth and place the mill in that,and it's ratateble,so you can be stand there where you stand?

you could also add some pebblestones in the cement,that will fill it up aswel.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Ah, translating in my mind to what a Dutchie might call it, that's one of those rotating clothes lines with many rows of lines round it, isn't it? You had me foxed for the moment. But I think I prefer my three wooden posts. If I bought a mill it would be more expensive than one piece of 10cm. x 10cm timber, which I should be able to get at the woodyard across the road, and I'd still have the other two posts standing there doing nothing. Yes, I could add some pebbles into the mix, though I like to make a tight hole round the post and with the strong winds we have here it is better without too much coarse aggregate.
          However, many thanks for the thought, Thijs.
          Ivy

Comment

yes well,we just call those a ''drymill''.
            you could make them into flowerstands Ivy.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
              you could make them into flowerstands Ivy.
              Or grow my runner beans up them.

Ivy

Comment

are that the same beans as the magic beans?
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, I'm trying to remember where I put the magic spell.......
                  Ivy

Comment

it's time to finish the dash table.

the old and the new table's,and NO they arn't side by side table's.

all the assecoires on the new table and mounted.

best regards Thijs

Comment

now to the truck and see if the mascottes are lightning up.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

DARN,now i see how good i manege to get to that burr-walnut wood look,i'm mad about myself that i didn't finish it sooner.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

That is just PERFECT.
                            Those little lines between the blobs make a difference, don't they? You've made a good job of it. Very realistic.
                            So what next? There must be something that still needs doing on the Highway Cruiser.
                            Ivy

Comment

i thought that too Ivy,just perfect,even better as i thought.
                              mudflaps are in order now.

the ''duck's'' sillouet

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X