No announcement yet.

Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also sprayed the aluminium parts for the table and the screws with primer,daf chassis mat grey and finish it with a mat varnish.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, that part of the table that you have done the kattebelletjes on and stained a second time has come up well. Be careful with the rims, the squiggles are a bit dark. I should think a third coat of varnish over all would be OK, don't you? Anyway, you will see when you compare it with the dashboard. And the metal parts done, too, even the screws - it's going to look good, Thijs.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i thought that to Ivy,but can't changes that darkness anymore,stained the table this morning (gonna have a late start) for the second time.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Don't use too much layers, it will reduce your allowed load capacity...
          ...and they guys were out playing again, this time not only blocking the highway again but also using their foghorns at clear sight!
          You are real outlaws!
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

You know what it is, Ralf, they're practising to run a series in competition with Ice Road Truckerson TV.
            Ivy

Comment

after comparing it in the truck,it wasn't look right,so made a try with a third layer of the walnut stain,just a piece with it,and at the underside.
              ,still it wasn't the right one.
              found between a lot of old cans with paint,a can of mahogany stain and smeared that on it,on the second laer as a little piece on the third layer,and that is gonna look good.
              atleast good enough.

1= the third walnut layer
              2= the mahogany over the third layer.
              3= mahogany over the second layer walnut.

so section 2 looks the best,it got that special color of the Burr-Walnut wood
              best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

yesterday i made a third layer of walnut stain,and late at night a layer of mahogany stain.
                  i'm happy how it's look now.
                  al now to do is sand leightly and place a satin varnish over it.

best regards Thijs

Comment

You know, this is very difficult, because you're working with nature materials, while the Merc guys use plastics!!!
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thijs, I am very proud of and for you. When I was first looking through what you were doing and then changing to the mahogany stain I was worried. Mahogany is a very strong, reddish colour, isn't it, whereas walnut tends to blue, and I wasn't sure from the photos in #381 and 382 that it would match. But then you added more layers, including the walnut and it looks very good. As Ralf said, the manufacturers used plastic materials where you can do great things easily, but you work with natural ones and the results can be unpredictable. Great stuff.
                      Er-err-er.... I could do with a new armchair to match all the new things I've been doing here at home (you'll see in September!). Any chance??????
                      Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                        while the Merc guys use plastics!!!
                        not only the Merc guys i think,never been in one,but i suppose that even the mr. Rolls and Royce and mr,Bentley use that material too.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                        Thijs, I am very proud of and for you.
                        thank you,you make me blush.

Mahogany is a very strong, reddish colour, isn't it
                        yes ,thats why i went over to mahogany,the burr-walnut gets darker and darker,but not the red glow on it,so i tried mahogany. (which i had an old can of)

Er-err-er.... I could do with a new armchair to match all the new things I've been doing here at home (you'll see in September!). Any chance??????
                        what, to see it in September?nope,no change.

still redecorading after the water splash??
                        Last edited by janihudi; March 3rd, 2014, 21:44.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

still redecorading after the water splash??
                          No, but now want two armchairs re-covered because they are shabby and want new window and door curtains in the living-room.
                          Ivy

Comment

haha,house decorading,a never ending story.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

was in the garage this week for some hours, got a the ad-bleu system failure.
                              so i ask them if they had some iron for me,so i could make mudflaps brackets.
                              they gave me more than 3 meter,an even then i came 10 cm to short.
                              here the result of my sawing ,bending and welding for the brackets.
                              only have to grind the edges round and drill some holes.

made even a complete drawing how to make them.

best regards Thijs

Comment

made the table ''ready'',don't think that there wil be a second layer satin varnisch.
                                i rather go for a mat varnisch then.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X