Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aaai Ivy,you didn't seen post 358?

yes this wil be the first timethat i and the truck wil be on a truckshow,a small one ,just about70 trucks and here nearby ,in Nieuwendijk.

no ,no flowers,the images you see of trucks with flowers are of the tour with people with disabilities.
    no prices to win eather,just some trucks from the neighberhood
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, I did see #358. But I was stupid and didn't think properly. After it's been serviced I suppose your truck goes back to the boss's yard ready, as you say, for someone else to use it? I can imagine when you finally get it back you'll be examining it all over to see if anything has been damaged!
      What a shame, I would so love to have seen it again and have a look inside. But you must still get someone to take photos of you and Highway Cruiser, drag that Wesley along! Is it a static show, or is there a drive around as well?
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i will be there al day, i'll make image's to but without the prettiest driver (me,myself and i) on it.
        just a static show all lined up on the parkingplace of the villagehouse.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Not good enough. I said I wanted photos of you in and standing by the H.C. See to it, man.
          Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            ... drag that Wesley along!
            Wesley?
            ---------------------------
            Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
            Deck plan geek.
            The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

my son,i have 1,5 son's.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

the first layer of stain is on it now,today a second layer and see how thats gonna look,other wise a third layer,or maybe a 4th.

best regards Thijs

Comment

before there will be questions about the spots on the table,this is why.

http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...4511#post94511

try to reproduse the woodtype.

now i have type it otherwise Ivy,now translationside says.

Burr-Walnut wood dashboard.
                  does this make any sence?
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                    before there will be questions about the spots on the table,this is why.
                    Oh, you know me well, don't you?
                    try to reproduse the woodtype.
                    now i have type it otherwise Ivy,now translationside says.

Burr-Walnut wood dashboard.
                    does this make any sence?
                    Yes, perfect sense, that is exactly what we call it in English. Walnut is a beautiful wood and burr walnut, where the small twigs have made all the blobs, is lovely provided it is used in small areas, like the dashboard and now your table. You have taken on a very tricky task there, Thijs. If you study that dashboard there are all the burrs just as you have made them, but also the wavy lines of the grain that curve around the burr spots and many short scribbles (kattebelletjes?). If you can use a fine paintbrush - like an artist's brush - and very faintly draw those lines and scribbles in it would be very realistic. Keep them fine and faint. But if you do, try it on the paper or a spare bit of wood first. It needs care, but you are extremely careful in all your work.
                    Ivy

Comment

don't think to do THAT,a lot of lines to draw then.
                      that i'll did it here,was if it didn't work,you can't see it,because of the carpet.
                      but as can be seen on the side panels,it's a bit dead wood.(no lines or what so ever,just 1 color of stain.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

taken images while driving a truck is 1 thing,but filming while you drive is another thing.
                        no images of the ''highway cruiser'' but filmed from the ''highway cruiser''.

with a colleague back to Rotterdam.

best regards Thijs

Comment

with another colleague back to Rotterdam,the same as when we where overtaking here.but we filmed it to.
                          http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...594#post169594

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                            wherrygirl commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeh, these little boys with their camcorders playing about on the motorways. I think I'll stick to to-ing and fro-ing on the ferry when I come over.

this is the clip my colleague made while i was filming him by overtaking.he made this with his Phone straight onto facebook,but he did't placed it on you tube.
                          i played the clip on the laptop, meanwhile filming it so i can place it on YT,horrable quality though

best regards Thijs

Comment

this is what you mean Ivy?tried a piece of it,and gave the underside a second layer,just for seeing what it will look like,and if there is a third layer needed.

best regards Thijs

Comment

after the part i have done for the burr-walnut look, stain that part for the second time (darker part of table) ,dicided to do all what will be in seight.

this week i will stain the whole table for the second time,after that take it ti the HC for comparing the color with the dashboard,and then will see if a third layer is needed.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X