No announcement yet.

Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you had a nice day out in the harbour last week... That is a job!
    I like the "brothers-in-arms" pictures, but i guess your colleague does only do trips at daylight?
    There are nearly no lamps at this other truck!!
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

What a miserable time you had last Tuesday. Is the height restriction because of bridges, Thijs, or is there another reason?
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

the other merc is a second hand truck,the truck there was ,was to much repair on. (from the company that was taken over) this driver is back to TSI for the thrid time,and can good comunicate with the boss.he liked merc very much ,(i'm building the green merc for him) so my boss thought that it was cheaper to build that merc and sell the Scania.
        when you buy a new truck it's cheap to build extra's on it,when you buy it second hand and at the merc import garage but delivered at our merc garage ,it cost a lot for extra's,because they diddnt deliverd it,only make it ready for us.so they make not money on the truck.every little thing on it as extra cost a lot then.
        the boss plan was to place the sticker above the sun guard aswel,but i talked it out of his head,it would look bad that big sticker behind the lights.
        but the driver want to place 2 lights besides the sticker.

there is a height limit in europe for 4 meters,a few extra is allowed (we have a permit for 4,10 meters because otherwise we couldend even drive the high cube containers.
        my truck hight is then 4,07 meter.

the miniumum height of highway bridges is 4,10 meter (in holland) and that will be announced as 4 meter ,for save.
        if you are higher then you have to have a permit for every way you want to drive at,and over alternative route without the height isseu.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          ... but my table is just triplex
          "Triplex" was (is?) a brand name used on laminated car windscreens.

Rear ones with heating wires were "Triplex Hotline".
          ---------------------------
          Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
          Deck plan geek.

Comment

maybe it was better to place ''wood'' behing it,but glass or wood it is made from 3 layres of material.
            more layers is here called ''multiplex''
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Thanks, Clipper, I was puzzled by "triplex" as to me it meant laminated windscreens, which was why I asked Thijs whether it was what we call plywood.
              Ivy

Comment

sorry Ivy ,
                but as you said 3-layer wood,so i also thought that you knew what i ment.
                a 3 layer window screen is what we called ''gelaagde ruit'' a layered windowscreen.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• Sigve
                  Sigve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Janihudi; I have posted a post for you in my gallery thread. Have a good weekend! Regards, Sigve.

• janihudi
                  janihudi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes i have seen that (great image ,great truck) ,but indeed, i havnt repliet on it,but i will

sorry Ivy ,
                but as you said 3-layer wood,so i also thought that you knew what i ment.
                It's Ok, Thijs. Just that you said your table would only get the colour, not the texture of the wood, so I was confused (not unusual for me ) about the material from which the table was made. I'm looking forward to seeing it, anyway, when you've had time to get it finished.
                Ivy

Comment

cut roughly a piece of carpet for the table 2 weeks ago,last eve i cut it so it fits
                  'now only have to sand it and stain it,hopefully it's ready for may 10,then i and the truck are on a truckshow here nearby

best regards Thijs

Comment

I hope you will soon post an interior picture of your truck!
                    Regards; Sigve.
                    ---
                    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

most of it is done,maybe from time to time some little changes,but no big things,if there would be something like that it would be bleu seat covers.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

hopefully it's ready for may 10,then i and the truck are on a truckshow here nearby
                        Latest date: May 28, when you will have the CV family presentation!!!
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

i think yhat there will be no truck that time,by that time he had to go for maintenance,and i will be at home for 1,5 week he stays in Ridderkerk,so when ready another driver can ruin him when his truck has to go in for maintenance
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post

Latest date: May 28, when you will have the CV family presentation!!!
                            Hey, hey, hey!!!!! Are you sure about that date, young Ralf? I'll be arriving in Woudrichem on the Gorinchem ferry about 3p.m. 21 May. Or doesn't that count? Cheeky chap.
                            Ivy

Comment

[QUOTE=janihudi;n170950 hopefully it's ready for may 10,then i and the truck are on a truckshow here nearby[/QUOTE]

Thijs, I was busy last evening, just stopped by to tease that Ralf, but I saw your post and left it till now to comment.
                              I do like that blue carpet you have cut for your table, it's going to look very smart - you work so hard on your truck, getting it the way you want. And you're going in for the truck show - you've not done that before, have you? Is it actually in Geissen or somewhere else nearby? Now look, as well as your own photos of it, well decorated with flowers all over, you must get someone to take photos of you in and standing by the truck.
                              And also, this year I must get up into the cab and see at close hand all the work you have done on it. OK? After seeing your photos here of each stage in what you're doing it would be great to see it in reality.
                              Ivy

Comment

Working...
                              X