No announcement yet.

Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a very light motorbike, NOT an E-bike, once when I lived-in at a school in Hampshire. The seller took it and me up to a nearby wartime airfield - of which there were plenty as up here in East Anglia. I knew the airfield and its barriers across the runway to stop "speed merchants", but he obviously was not familiar with it. I got on, revved up and zoomed off down the runway. Ahead of me was one of the barriers. I knew there was a break in the middle of it, the two ends overlapping and not easily visible till you were right near it. I slowed a little, curved tightly right then tightly left, and I was through. After a bit, I returned the way I had come, to find the chappie a nervous wreck. Not knowing about the break, he had viewed with horror what he thought was going to be an almighty crash. Even though I returned safely he was still shaking........
    I bought the motorbike but unfortunately, for various reasons, did not get to use it and eventually found a buyer. Nice little thing, though.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I KNEW you are the person in the overall who is known to the world as The Stig in Top Gear TV series. It has to be someone with long experience on abandoned airfields!!

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
        I KNEW you are the person in the overall who is known to the world as The Stig in Top Gear TV series. It has to be someone with long experience on abandoned airfields!!
        %&&%$&*^%!!! I've been rumbled!!! Yes, the slender, white-clad figure, performer of hair-raising stunts and whose ID everyone would give their eye-tooth to know.........is..................ME
        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
          We'll have a 600km tour together, Ivy and i will show you the different behaviour of the truck drivers. We'll spend a while on the A61, the "Dutchmen Route" and we will see a lot of Thijs colleagues. You will accept Thijs three minutes for overtaking and also Henks and Claas', but after waiting also three mins each for Rob, Arjen, Mathijs, Joost, Ruud and Frans, you will get a little bit annoyed, when also Wim, Frederike and Lodewijk change on the left lane (which is the overtaking lane on the Continent). Oh and we won't forget de families Terpstra, de Vriees and Klomp, which are towing their caravans with 100km/h sticker to Austria...
          not much left anymore of the ''dutchman route'',it's more a ''polsky route'' now.

you have learned almost al the dutch boys names and family names Ralf,but the fam Vink is big to, in this neighberhood.
          why do you think we have the NL stickers on our cars.

i bought me in the start of my trucking carreer in Germany a sticker with ''gemeinsam gehts besser'' , ''togetter goes better'' with a drawing of a truck that puts its arm around a car.
          unfortanally cardrivers uses the i,i,i,i,i,i,i,i,i, rule.
          the ''first i,than the other'' rule.
          Lucky for them,truckdrivers don't drive by that rule.

finally the 4th attempt after yesterday works.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

PEACE, boys, PEACE. Or else I'll have to show you a thing or two on the old airfield.
            Ivy

Comment

• Ralf__
              Ralf__ commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, we could both have the sticker and be sure, we 're acting according to that. That's why i did not mention the Vinks, of course!!

''Brothers in Arms''

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

WHERE is Rubberduck?
                Ivy

Comment

at the attic,i first have to sand the new table,before i can pickling??? it,but it's raining every weekend.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                    wherrygirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "Stain" is probably the word you want. Pickle is what you do to rollmops, i.e. put them in vinegar. Stain is a clear liquid of any colour that lets the grain of the wood show through, not like paint. Is the Dutch word "bevlekken" or "smetten"?
                    Google Translate is very misleading for this - masses of words.

the dutch word is ''beitsen'' that with the clear paint.
                  my translatersite says pickling,so very wrong then.
                  but my dashboard has the ''wortelnotenhout'' look,if i translate this it wil come out as carrot walnut wood,but i believe the name is sandlewood?
                  anymay you see it also in the luxury cars,but my table is just triplex,so it will only get the color,not the texture of the wood
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, Google said "beitsen " at first, but only gave the one word "stain" plus many other words meaning "pickle." Then looking at the alternatives the other two words seemed better. But now I have looked at my dictionary and, yes, "beitsen" is exactly right.
                    It says wortel is "carrot" or "root" but doesn't give "wortelnotenhout". Yes "sandelhout" is "sandalwood".
                    Is triplex what we call 3-ply wood? Three layers stuck together? If so, then even that will have a grain which will show up much more when it is stained, won't it? Nice. When you've stained it then you must French polish it! . (That will keep him busy......)
                    Go on, man, get on with it, then.
                    Ivy

Comment

last thuesday i would pick up a 40 ft flat container with pallets car parts.weird what should come out of Iceland of car parts?
                      anyway i went to the terminal to drop of and on the same terminal pick up the flat.
                      my boss told me this trip at 8,45am when i cam at the trminal at 9,10 stil nothing in the truck computer.
                      finally at 10,40 the info came in,went upstairs to the driver deskand gave them the papers and info.
                      ''do you have a customs document Driver?'' nope!
                      while waiting for the e-mail for the doc i look through the window and saw the flat containers parked on the quay,1 whit a Mercedes sprinter bus ,a high top and 1 with a cat machine.
                      both overheight.
                      so i called the boss ,WHAT is on that flat because i'm looking here at 2 flats and both overheight?
                      ehehehe 2 linde forklifts,27 ton on the flat.
                      whow big forklifts than.
                      finally at 12,30 the document came in,so go to the terminal to change containers.
                      drop of was in minutes done,but it taken a while brfore the other came.
                      so went to the check point when will the flat come?
                      talk with other over the walky talky,and came back to me.
                      flat is on the quay driver,got overheight,have to be loaden with the crane.
                      so drove to the quay and saw this,

best regards Thijs

Comment

not really 2 forkliftstrucks,but the mast and spreader of a big container forklift truck.
                        stacked on the flat with a floor of 60 cm and the mast with the forks upright the hight was 3,92 meters high,to high for me.
                        don't forget that my chassis is 1,10meters aswel,so total would be about 5meter
                        so stand there for 5 hours and went away without the flat.
                        but was on the quay anyway,so take some images there aswel of the cruiser.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

on monday i had to load in Datteln Germany,pallets with cement.
                            2 pallets of them where with dabgerous goods,and then you have to place the stickers on the container and the orange shields (dangerous cargo shields) and the front and backside of the truck.
                            just made those images for IF the stickers where blown away by the driving wind and the enemy (cops) stop me when the are gone ,i had the prove that they where on the container but blown away.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X