Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when little boys,plays with big toys.
    last week a collegeu and me had the same job,costums clearence in Duisburg Germany and unload in Haltern am See Germany.after that change the containers in Duisburg and deliver those in Rotterdam.here on our way back to Rotterdam.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

and as you can see ,the tv screen holder is here stil on the table.

here he is filming me,while i take a image of him,but just to late focused.

best regards Thijs

Comment

and as you can see ,the tv screen holder is here stil on the table.
            Well, of course, look who made it!
            You two had fun, by the looks of it. That one-handed driving again too, I see . But it must be nice to have company now and again on a long drive.
            Eddie Stobart was in my road again Friday. Because of the 8-week long renovation of the town centre diversions are everywhere, and so are cars. He was parked on the street, but was obviously wanting to deliver to the woodyard again, though how he got in this time goodness knows. I couldn't stop to take photos. But if he is going to be doing their deliveries then I must watch out for him.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

yes ,the last thing they think about, are the truckdrivers.
              they have parked there cars,so thee problems are solved.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, you forgot to take pictures of the 10km traffic jam behind you two racedrivers.

But of course you were lucky and had an almost empty highway....

Oh, how i love these Spanish drivers here in my area, which are blocking the left lane despite of the no overtaking signs for trucks...(don't know how they manipulate their limiters...)
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                  yes ,the last thing they think about, are the truckdrivers.
                  they have parked there cars,so thee problems are solved.
                  Oh no, you've got it wrong there. The parking in our street is all legitimate, it is the actual road markings that make it very difficult. The double yellow lines (no parking at any time) are badly placed, using first one side then the other, but changing right on the bend. So the road is turned into one lane with a kink in the middle (not known by a visitor until the last moment) and with visibility nil from whichever direction you come. One day there will be a head-on. I narrowly missed it once with a bus and had to go up on to the pavement although I had right of way. But buses (and many trucks) are like that, the "bigger than you" complex. With Eddie Stobart he was actually at fault, being on double yellow lines, causing further restriction of the road and further chaos. However, I don't blame him, as he had nowhere else to go for the moment and would not have stayed there.
                  No, the problem is the diversions caused by the road works. They are sending much more traffic down my road. And that will go on until about Easter. So E.S. trying to back into the woodyard was going to be a major operation, causing long traffic queues back into the town centre. It had to be carefully timed as soon as a momentary gap appeared in the traffic. Then the fun would have started!
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                    Thijs, you forgot to take pictures of the 10km traffic jam behind you two racedrivers.
                    no 10 km or even lesstraffic jam,we where driving 82 that time,so the other can pass in a few seconds

Oh, how i love these Spanish drivers here in my area, which are blocking the left lane despite of the no overtaking signs for trucks...(don't know how they manipulate their limiters...)
                    they are allowed to drive 100 km/h in spain as in France and UK,UK is 98 i believe.

yes ,we truckdrivers are discriminate in every European country,car drivers have all the freedom to fly home,imagine that there potatoos would be cold by the time they come home.
                    but we get more and more rules against us,they place a gun against our heads for if we drive to fast or to long,cardrivers go on holiday,start driving in Finland for a holiday in spain,with there caravan in 1 drive without rest,and no one got a problem with that.
                    if we instead drive 4 hours and 35 minutes,we go to jail,and if we're Lucky,they don't throw us in the deathrow.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      they are allowed to drive 100 km/h in spain as in France and UK,UK is 98 i believe.
                      UK speed limits are complex - it depends on vehicle type and road type (Built-up areas, Single carriageways, Dual carriageways, Motorways). From https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits.
                      Cars and vehicles (including dual-purpose vehicles and car-derived vans up to 2 tonnes maximum laden weight) 30 (48) 60 (96) 70 (112) 70 (112)
                      Cars towing caravans or trailers (including car-derived vans and motorcycles) 30 (48) 50 (80) 60 (96) 60 (96)
                      Motorhomes or motor caravans (not more than 3.05 tonnes maximum unladen weight) 30 (48) 60 (96) 70 (112) 70 (112)
                      Motorhomes or motor caravans (more than 3.05 tonnes maximum unladen weight) 30 (48) 50 (80) 60 (96) 70 (112)
                      Buses, coaches and minibuses (not more than 12 metres overall length) 30 (48) 50 (80) 60 (96) 70 (112)
                      Goods vehicles (not more than 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight) 30 (48) 50 (80) 60 (96) 70 (112)
                      60 (96) if articulated or towing a trailer
                      Goods vehicles (more than 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight) 30 (48) 40 (64) 50 (80) 60 (96)
                      For the big trucks that you drive Thijs, the last line applies.
                      ---------------------------
                      Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                      Deck plan geek.
                      The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

Oh i love my Dutch friend! I am so lucky that he likes his room-haring met koude aardappels.
                        About 50% of all German Autobahnen have today a speed limit + those because of road works and bad roads = 60%. And each day they install new signs anywhere. 500.000km per year of our higways are blocked with trafficjams. So it is not all paradise and unlimited driving. You have to be lucky to reach an average speed of > 120 km/h. Normally you have 100-110.
                        Some of us cardrivers have to work there, too. And we are enerved of trucks which are overtaking each other with 1 km/h speed difference (which can be zero if a hill is coming) on a two lane highway. And we are enerved as well, if a Spanish pilot is overtaking with his empty paprika truck (coming back from a tour to Hungary to deliver there Spanish paprika) a "road train" of 30 trucks driving 88 with 96 in one strech in a no overtaking zone.
                        I knew you were no problem - such nice photographers - you were just playing around a little bit. But i had to tease a little bit...
                        And this higher speedlimit in France and Spain - makes sense, but in my opinion it is 90.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper View Post

UK speed limits are complex - it depends on vehicle type and road type (Built-up areas, Single carriageways, Dual carriageways, Motorways). From https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits.

[TD]Goods vehicles (not more than 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight)[/TD]
                          [TD]30 (48)[/TD]
                          [TD]50 (80)[/TD]
                          [TD]60 (96)[/TD]
                          [TD]70 (112)
                          60 (96) if articulated or towing a trailer
                          [/TD]
                          [/TR]
                          [TR]
                          [TD="bgcolor: #EAEDEF"]Goods vehicles (more than 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight)[/TD]
                          [TD="bgcolor: #EAEDEF"]30 (48)[/TD]
                          [TD="bgcolor: #EAEDEF"]40 (64)[/TD]
                          [TD="bgcolor: #EAEDEF"]50 (80)[/TD]
                          [TD="bgcolor: #EAEDEF"]60 (96)[/TD]
                          [/TR]
                          [/TABLE]

For the big trucks that you drive Thijs, the last line applies.

i wasn't far of it then,just 2 km.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

• Clipper
                            Clipper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes I should have congratulated you on being so near Thijs. The speeds are easier to remember in MPH because they are nice round numbers, 30/40/50/60/70, though that doesn't help if you have a KPH speedo!

About 50% of all German Autobahnen have today a speed limit + those because of road works and bad roads = 60%. And each day they install new signs anywhere. 500.000km per year of our higways are blocked with trafficjams. So it is not all paradise and unlimited driving.
                          and i think, if there aren't factories like the Mercedes,Porche,Audi and BMW there was a 100% speed limit in Germany.

Some of us cardrivers have to work there, too. And we are enerved of trucks which are overtaking each other with 1 km/h speed difference (which can be zero if a hill is coming) on a two lane highway. And we are enerved as well, if a Spanish pilot is overtaking with his empty paprika truck (coming back from a tour to Hungary to deliver there Spanish paprika) a "road train" of 30 trucks driving 88 with 96 in one strech in a no overtaking zone.
                          but remember that the truckdriver never ,never at all ask for the speed limiters with the following aspect of the overtaken prohibit.
                          why should we stay behind another truck,for hunderds of kilometers,while a cardriver can't even stay behind us for 3 minutes.howmany times we have to break (emergency) for an idiot that wants to take the exit.as i said,we have the driving times,and we have to carry those violations with us for 3 weeks,3 weeks that the police can fining us,so the violation i make today,can cost me money 3 weeks later????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????
                          a cardrivers (which i also am) violation, no see .no fine.
                          then again in 3 years that i was more on the left lane (overtaken prohibit time) i just got1 fine,so not bad at all.

I knew you were no problem - such nice photographers - you were just playing around a little bit. But i had to tease a little bit...
                          And this higher speedlimit in France and Spain - makes sense, but in my opinion it is 90.
                          ohh,but i was a big problem,see above,Always on the left lane.but my boss had lowerd the limiter for feul saving to 87,i was done with his complaning about the feul consumption,so i drive now most of the time just 82km/h,or there must be a hurry for closingtimes somewhere.but in this case we where playing yes,i speeding up .he was speeding down,and V.V.

you can tease me,no problem,but then again,if you do,you got Always a reply,i will Always bite into it.
                          your a car driver,i a truckdriver,we will never agree on this.whahaha

about those speedlimits,it could be that it is 90,but just as in Holland where it is 80,there is a adjustment of 10km/h above,which make 100km/h
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Think I'll get my bike out of the shed and give it a clean-up.............
                            Ivy

Comment

We'll have a 600km tour together, Ivy and i will show you the different behaviour of the truck drivers. We'll spend a while on the A61, the "Dutchmen Route" and we will see a lot of Thijs colleagues. You will accept Thijs three minutes for overtaking and also Henks and Claas', but after waiting also three mins each for Rob, Arjen, Mathijs, Joost, Ruud and Frans, you will get a little bit annoyed, when also Wim, Frederike and Lodewijk change on the left lane (which is the overtaking lane on the Continent). Oh and we won't forget de families Terpstra, de Vriees and Klomp, which are towing their caravans with 100km/h sticker to Austria...

You are right, Thijs, we will never agree and so we will have ages of fun together!!!

Oh, and Ivy, don't clean your bike - get yourself an E-bike, so you can ride with the speed you're used to ( - and tease the young racebikers).

Comment

Working...
                              X