No announcement yet.

Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not realy,the last things to do to collect,cleaning the allec a little moddeling,and thinking that i forgot that and this and that i wanted to make a 1 fly mesh ready,still didn't made the new table,and still thinking hoe to place the ''rubberduck'' hood ornament.
    brought him away around 3,30pm.

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
    Do you have room to park the Cruiser at home for the big cleaning? It might be fun to work on if it is right there at home but if you have to drive across town it might seem like work.
    at home.

best regards Thijs

Comment

If that unused boat wouldn't block the court.... (...the kitchen would be dark.)
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

thats why it's parked all the way at the end of the court,to let some sinshine in.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

this week after 3 years of having a agressive duck in the closset,i brought i away for making a pedestal for it.
          al i have to do ,is now make the new dashboardtable,and mount it on it.

i let it made it this high,because it has to look over a edge of the table of 3cm high,when i placed it right on the table,you would see it.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

the pedestal is made of 2 pieces,a in and outside.
            why?
            because the right one with the 2 rounding on it,is be screwed on the table,the duck is then just placed over it.
            just loose over it,no bolds or screws.

so when i parked for the evening and i go to home, i can just lift it up,and hide it in the cab,not visable for anyone.

so just sand the pedestal a little and spray bleu paint over it. (color of the carpet on the table)
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Mmm-mmm-mm, very nifty. Taken you a long time to get that done, though. You've had Rubberduck for ages. Slacking again.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Cool mount!

I'm glad it's finally coming out of the closet after three years. Look at the poor thing. It's totally white. It needs sun and some bugs.

Comment

no ,not slacking,need a good solution for how to place it and easy remove it.
                  now i payed lots of money, (almost the price of the duck itself) for this.
                  and a day later i thought of a way for it what kost me just a few euro's.

sun he wil get,bugs never,or i have to smash them with a paper while they land on it.
                  it wil be placed in the cab.
                  for the fear of stealing him.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Rubberduck in place in the cab. When it is, don't forget to take a photo of it from the outside as well as in, so that we can see it as it will be seen by other drivers. Great!
                    Ivy

Comment

when i picked up the duck's pedestal he also made a strip of stainless steel iron for my tv screen.
                      it Always hang on 2 pieces of iron,but i wassn't happy with that.
                      1 strip stands on the handle and 1 strip keeps it up against turning over.

the upper strip was/is placed over a sheet of plastic of a discard Bowl???
                      the lower strip was placed with the U shape over the handle.

mounted with 3 bolds, the screenholder it look like this.

al with out screwing or drilling in the cab.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

the third strip,curved in the shape so i can place it between the iron cab and the cabin upholstery.

now it's placed with the third strip,so the weight is now distribute over 3 points.

and again with out screwing in the cab or drilling.
                        it was already for 2 years like this,and i have think and try a lot of way's before i found this solution.
                        but when i go from this truck i remove this all,and the cab is stil with out holes.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

sprayed with primer and grey paint,but wil come a layer of varnish over.

also the duck's pedestal sprayed with primer and bleu paint,but wil come a layer of varnish over.

best regards Thijs

Comment

It took me a few moments to work out the positioning of that third strip, but I've got it now. It's good, eh? When you said "It was already two years like this" I thought "Has he had the HC that long?", then I realised that it is nearly two years since you took that photo of mestanding by it! (third one down).
                            Oh crumbs, somebody hold back that clock, will they!
                            Ivy

Comment

i started this thread at 2011- 1-26 Ivy,got it 2,5 years now
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

back on his ''bleu'' pedestal.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X