No announcement yet.

Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to be at home at night,but driving late,i still like it,it has it's own charme.
    (probally hard to see,if you're not a driver)

thats the problem taking images of the truck,always the same,just another container.
    like here in Antwerp,on a misty Friday morning.

best regards Thijs

Comment

i want to be at home at night,but driving late,i still like it,it has it's own charme
      I remember when I first had a car. I had only been driving a few weeks and went over to a college south-west of Norwich for a one-day course. By the time it finished it was dark outside, and I was very worried about getting home cross-country in the dark, on roads I didn't know. I was talking to someone and laughingly mentioned it. She asked where I lived and said that she was in Beccles (about 6 miles east of Bunga.y). Then to my amazement that kind person said she would go in front of me at a slow pace and I would be perfectly alright following her.
      We set off and after a while I got more confidence, finding that visibility was much better in the headlights than I had expected. Then suddenly I began to enjoy it, seeing the trees lit up and the depth of shadows between and beyond them and wished she would go faster! Once in Bunga.y she stopped for a moment to see that I was OK, I got out and gave her my thanks.
      I've enjoyed night driving ever since, except that since I had my cataract ops. oncoming headlights cause flare. This didn't worry me particularly until recently, when another problem began to affect my eyes at night. But not to worry, I just love driving.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I have never been much for driving at night. I can do it but I have never had a great desire for long trips at night. I suppose parents like the quiet of sleeping children. I suppose I am too set in my routine. I would rather get up and drive in the morning but that has me planning around rush hour of various cities along my route. Traveling during the night is probably the only time traffic is not a big problem.

Comment

and it's probally easier too Dane,no hotels planning too.but as you say a lot of morning traffic during rush hours.
          so if driving late you have almost the highway for your self.
          in this case i had load late in Duisburg Germany and there rules are that you are not allowed to park overnight than on a save parking or at the terminal.
          the load was toners,a container full.
          so i had to go ,otherwise i had to stay in Germany and start driving 3,45am (9 hours later than i was loaded,the mandatory minimum ) and wil arrive at rush hour at Antwerp.
          but with cd's from the BeeGee's,2unlimited and a cd where F1 sounds are mixed with great songs,it was a pleasure to drive.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

I understand you well - after a lot of driving trough days with crowded roads and traffic jams it is very relaxing to enjoy the quiet night making just kilometers.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
              and a cd where F1 sounds are mixed with great songs,it was a pleasure to drive.
              and then you have this.
              couldend found a video on you tube,so had to make one on my own)

come on ,drive with me for 9 minutes,in the dark.
              (beware of your computer volume)

best regards Thijs

Comment

the ''highway cruiser'' between 2 (not worth to mention) other trucks,where we had to load soup.
                campells soup,comming from the USA in containers,which we unload in Rotterdam,and some days later we load containers with campells soup for??????
                right, the USA.
                that day we had to load 4 containers.,so here we are with 3 trucks,but the left one was unloading btw.no soup.

best regards Thijs

Comment

and here is the third truck.no images of the 4th truck.

best regards Thijs

Comment

those youngsters knew which one is the best.

best regards Thijs

Comment

those youngsters knew which one is the best.
                      Yeh, yeh, yeh, we know.
                      Ivy

Comment

Nice "Soup-Opera" ...must make it with a Menz!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                          Nice "Soup-Opera" ...must make it with a Menz!
                          Oh Ralf, really!!!
                          Ivy

Comment

oke.i don't get this .
                            what is menz?
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Well Thijs, I just assumed that Menz was a German variation of Heinz, a soup of some kind, so thought Ralf was being quite witty! [I think you know the term soap opera, don't you?]
                              Ivy

Comment

Menz - short for Mercedes - Benz. I always hear it in this songtext by Janis Joplin, although it has another meaning here:

"Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
                                My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends.
                                Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
                                So oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz"

Comment

Working...
                                X